1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Houston played better on the road than at home this season so go ahead and let Auburn have a home game.

seemoreroyals and GradyMcTracy like this.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

Sharp was really the most unlikely of heroes. Wooo! Movin on.

Andre0087, Pat and seemoreroyals like this.
  3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Freshman Sharp really saved our ass with those back to back 3’s. We need a miracle for Sasser to be healed in 24 hours.

Andre0087 and seemoreroyals like this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

They’re in very big trouble next game if they have another showing like this.

juanm34, IBTL and seemoreroyals like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

Doesn't matter how good your defense is...17 TOs ain't gonna cut it

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Not winning a championship without Sasser. No way in hell.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

We saw the glaring difference in mentality between the hunter and the hunted on display last night. I'm glad Coach sat Jarace right after he declined that open 3 in favor of dribbling into a charge. He needs to break that habit, now. A miss might hurt your vanity, but is a better potential outcome-- we do have rebounders-- than a TO. Sheesh, that drives me nuts. Same with Marks and Arceneaux and everyone else. C'mon guys, think of your outside shots as potential entry passes! Shoot your best shot and go get it! And thank gawd we had one Sharp shooter with the right attitude coming off the bench last night.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You are 1000% correct! And that's what burns me about Sengun w/the Rockets too. Stop pump faking and take the shot, eventually it will go in and it will make everything else so easy.

However, I posted in this thread before the game started that we need for Sharp to have a big tournament. He needs to at least hit at least 4 to 5 3's on Saturday and we need a big game out of Walker to get past Auburn.

I wished they had of held Sasser back another week but it is what it is now

seemoreroyals and eman like this.
  9. solid

solid Contributing Member

This team, this season, has never been a well oiled machine. Their record is actually amazing considering how poorly they have played at times. They have been prone to scoring droughts, turnovers, and slow starts. When they are "on," fully awake, and healthy I don't think any team in the country could stay with them. Their defense and rebounding can overwhelm teams. Can they win it all without Sasser and a gimpy Shead? Maybe, if they take their overall game to a new level. Their inside game with Walker and Roberts can be dominant. I am a Cougar fan, so I am not objective, but, overall, things are not looking good.

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Tomorrow is huge! I believe if they win tomorrow, they will win the Championship. Game will hang on the shoulders of Sharp, Walker and Mark

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

A good defensive team always has a chance, but with the injury issues I just don’t see them scoring well enough to go much further. An incredible team, but it’s not looking great at the moment.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Absolutely not without Sasser and Shead. Unless point Jarace becomes a thing in the tournament. This teams entire offense is predicated on those two guys breaking guys down off the dribble. Without that were probably worse offensively than last year.

Can win vs Auburn without Sasser but not without both.

seemoreroyals and IBTL like this.
  13. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

some one get Sasser some of Kobe's deer antler spray

seemoreroyals, juanm34 and IBTL like this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Win tomorrow and you get about 5 -6 days to rest up. 5.5 point favorites last I checked. I don't expect them to have the worst turnover game I can recall them having in the last year or two. Every champ in the tournament has a bad game they survive...hopefully yesterday was that game and things improve.

Also someone needs to hire that UNK coach immediately. Holy crap that guy did a great job with that team.

15. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Well yeah, you know why that is right? Their record is a result of their schedule.

Obviously if they played in the Big 12 this year, they would have more than 2 losses. Everyone except the biggest UH homers knows that.

(I'm not saying they would be .500 or anything, they would still be a solid above-average Big 12 team, but clearly they would have lost more games.)

IBTL and solid like this.
  16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

17. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

UH will be locked in tomorrow

GradyMcTracy, IBTL and juanm34 like this.
  19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Big win tomorrow!
    I see everyone stepping up for this victory!

GradyMcTracy, IBTL and YOLO like this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Coogs' outcome of Sasser's soft tissue is destined to be the 2018 Rockets' outcome of Paul's soft tissue

I wouldn't play Sasser tomorrow until we're down big or if it's close and late

Hopefully we win and dude gets a week's worth of recovery