1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. raining threes

I'm hoping this is exactly what happens and Anderson is the pick. Then Nolan Smith is the pick at 1-12, and pick Hooker.

2. raining threes

Then draft McCarthy.

3. raining threes

Can somebody tell me the difference between drafting Tua and his draft profile vs Young's draft profile?

Good accuracy, good enough arm strength, processes well etc... except Young is probably 3 inches shorter and 15 lbs lighter.

Is Tua good enough for y'all at 1-2? I can see Young having a very Tua like career.

4. HeyBudLetsParty

Last years version of Tua contingent on health, I think is for sure worth the number 2 overall pick. It did take him some time to ramp up and get going and the injury concerns are real.

Bryce seems to have a little more feel and wiggle in the pocket, and throws one of the most catchable balls I’ve ever seen. I think of him as a more mobile Drew Brees.

I also think being coached under BOB, he’s already experienced handing a lot of responsibility as the teams QB. I really think it’ll come down to Bryce holding up I don’t think he’ll fail because of lack of talent.

primtim24 likes this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#4785 zeeshan2, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  6. raining threes

We see Tua differently.

Tua always has been overrated and I think Young's career is going to mirror Tua's both in performance and injury. I want more from pick 1-2.

7. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

O’Brien said Young is the smartest (football acumen) player he has ever coached. He has coached a lot of players including Brady.

whag00 likes this.
  8. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Their college injury profiles weren’t even close. Tua had multiple injuries in college while Young has missed one game in his career.

primtim24 and HeyBudLetsParty like this.
  9. raining threes

Their talent profiles and body comparisons are quite accurate.

If fact Tua is 3 inches taller and 15 lbs heavier. (Physical comparison) Put that aside, what is the difference talent wise?

10. raining threes

LOL, hyperbole, he's now smarter than Brady? LMAO.

Smarts was also said to be a strength of Tua's.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now I really don't want him here.

12. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

The difference is just what the poster earlier said, he's definitely got more pocket mobility than Tua, and being right handed allows for a more traditional playbook (may not be a big deal, maybe a huge deal...depends on the guy calling the plays). He also is much better at the off-script throws and improvisation.

Tua is a statue with below average arm strength. Bryce is a mobile QB with a decent arm, and extremely good decision making. All things considered, I still think Tua would be worth a rop-10 pick in this draft, but definitely not above Bryce/CJ/AR

13. raining threes

Agreed that being right handed gives OC's a better chance to succeed because they dont have to do everything backwards. (I'm lefthanded so I totally get what you're saying.) However it never seemed to hurt guys like Snake/Zorn etc...

Tua isn't a statue and both have decent but not above avg arm strength.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

And yet one was injury prone and one was not. But I thought if Young was taller and weighed more there wouldn’t be concern about drafting him. Which is it? You are sighting a player that is bigger than Young being injured much more than Young. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

15. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Of course we want a guy who can’t figure out what’s going on but sure can run. LOL

primtim24 and houstonstime like this.
  16. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Guess you know O’Brien better than O’Brien knows himself. Congrats to you.

What does he have to gain by saying it?

Sooty likes this.
  17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Coaches say that BS all the time to hype up their former players

18. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

I will buy that if you can show me where he has ever said that about another QB. He didn’t say it this year. He said it in 2021.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm assuming you mean Richardson. From what I've been hearing he seems to be very knowledgable of the game.

20. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

If he is, he hasn’t shown much of it.