1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Character difference between sengun and kpj & jabari

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eurobasket23, Mar 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck Turgidson

That looks so delicious. Outside of Mexico and Italy, the whole "Mediterranean/Middle East" cuisine, well, that and Thai/Viet food, is my favorite. Please don't be offended that I'm lumping a bunch of countries together, they're all special and delicious in their own way.

It's almost 6AM in Texas and the sun's not close to being up and Daylight Savings Time is totally pissing me off...but I do have time to cook breakfast. Bacon/potato/egg/avocado/salsa tacos. All I need to do now is get motivated and go cook the potatoes.

2. Buck Turgidson

3. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

No worries. Who cares?

As Turkey has a long history of invasions, population exchanges, (sometimes) treaties and good relations with neighboring countries etc. and was on several trade routes, it's natural that some dishes are shared.

kahve - kafes
    yogurt - yaourti
    cacık - tzaziki
    musakka - moussaka
    tarama - tarama
    fava - fava
    baklava - baklava

I could sit in a Greek restaurant and order almost anything I want without knowing a word of Greek, you see. (Same goes with some dishes in Arabic countries.)

If we go back far enough, we can see most of Turkish and Greek dishes have their roots in Byzantine cuisine, which descends directly from Roman cuisine - which was a melange of every type of ingredient and technique that big empire could reach.

No use trying to find who invented what... We can always argue about which tastes better, of course. :)

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks for coffee.

HardenReturns likes this.
  5. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont know my memory recall is firing that VSpan missed his mama and was homesick so he quit and went back. It had nothing to do with NBA talent busting his ass every single game. :D

Buck Turgidson and topfive like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Get you a Blackstone. That thing changed the breakfast game for me. Prep everything and you can whip out a Cracker Barrel type breakfast in minutes.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

I didn't know what a Blackstone was. Checked online and voila! A hot, hard heart attack!
    Just look at those breakfast recipes man!

https://blackstoneproducts.com/blogs/recipes/tagged/breakfast

[​IMG]

#167 HardenReturns, Mar 17, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
    cmoak1982 and Verbal Christ like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its a game changer. I use my Blackstone more than any other grill/smoker I own nowadays.

9. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

[​IMG]

I just have a primitive one that uses wood or coal on my terrace. (It's raining, so no actual photo.)
    I use it for meat and fish, and some occasional vegetables - that's all.
    Yours on the other hand, God forbid it falls into the wrong hands. It defeats the purpose of having a healthy grilled meal; it'll clog so many arteries!

10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Im assuming you dont know of the carcinogenic impact grilled foods can have on you? In spanish they have a saying that goes "lo que no mata engorda" - basically what doesnt kill you makes you fat. You only live once - enjoy it!

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Jabari's character is to be clutch, a leader and a winner...

12. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Tell me this guy isn't humble!

NewAge and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

you character is dumb ... just like your posts

14. Buck Turgidson

Oh I have something very simlar, just a huge cast iron rectangle cooktop: indoor, outdoor, gas, fire, whatever

cmoak1982 and HardenReturns like this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Good doc about where KPJ came from, I’d watch before making character judgements

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.