1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Being an accessory to murder?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's absolutely no evidence that he was an accessory to that murder. He's not responsible for the reprehensible actions of teammates.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What is known is that he brought the gun to Darius Miles which was used to kill someone AND that he used his vehicle to block the victims car from leaving the scene. Not sure I can look the other way for the sake of a basketball roster spot personally.

Corrosion, topfive, xaos and 2 others like this.
  4. Dredd

Dredd Member

If I pass you the ball and you score. Do I get the assist?

Same situation.

jayfree likes this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

If you want to broaden the legal definition then the slope is about to get very slippery

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://www.bestofarkansassports.com/arkansas-basketball-lawyer-on-brandon-miller-case/

Corrosion likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He brought the gun because his teammate texted him suggesting he was in trouble and needed it for his own protection. He didn't know he planned on shooting a woman with it and he certainly didn't intend on that happening. There was an exchange of gunfire between the two cars, so blocking that car in an effort to prevent the other gunman from escaping makes sense.

There's certainly concerns about the caliber of people he associates with, but their actions are not his fault.

If you pass me the ball, you intend for me to score so that would count as being an accessory under Alabama law.

If you pass me a propane tank and I use it to bash a woman to death with it, you probably didn't intend for that to happen, so it would mean you are not an accessory under Alabama law.

Dredd likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Personally Im not going to tread in that grey area. Some of these sports players seem to relish that 'street life' aspect and dont know how to handle themselves within the constructs of society. So if a friend of yours says he's in trouble is the first thing you think about strapping up and running to his aid ready to bust some caps? Thats crazy to me. When Miller found out it was a female from a club why not intervene?

Corrosion likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If a friend of mine tells me they are in trouble and they need their gun, I'd bring it to them and be prepared to defend them if necessary...but these days I don't have the kind of friends who would say that and then open fire on a car over some BS.

I'm also not sure the female from the club was the reason for the text, the gunman actually got shot, there was an exchange of fire between the two cars so it's very possible the reason for the text was the other gunman the female was with and not the female herself.

Also, I've had a friend who was actually charged and convicted as an accessory to a murder long, long ago. She did very little to deserve it, but when the actual gunmen fled the country, there was a woman dead and only her to blame for it. The DA was running for re-election at the time so they were aggressively pursuing charges and she didn't have the money to fight them, so she had to plead guilty. She turned her life around after that, and I would hope people wouldn't judge her today based on a poor decision to give a ride to and associate with the wrong kinds of people.

So while I consider it to be concerning, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt that he's learned his lesson if he makes an effort to show it.

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Im just really worried about the release point on his jumper. It looks very low. Obviously it can be tweaked.

GotGame15 likes this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

If a friend of mine tries to get me to hold onto their gun for them I say no in the first place because I'm not going to have possession of other people's deadly weapons. And then if somebody tells me bad s*** is going down and to bring me their gun, I'm seeing massive red flags and I'm texting them back "no dude, just get the hell out of there" and I definitely don't actually bring it to them. These are just really dumb risks to take and at best show very questionable decisionmaking. That's if you take Miller's story at face value. There's enough uncertainty surrounding this whole thing that I don't know if you should.

Verbal Christ and Plowman like this.
  14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Looks like he was a bit gunshy

15. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Is he hurt?

Not playing in second half?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's in foul trouble, and it's not a game that really matters, they are up a million.

17. jayfree

jayfree Member

Nah, he's just letting someone else shoot for him

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Dude had zero points in 19 minutes

19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yet they won by 20 plus. Hard to judge a game when your team dominates. They were swarming him when he got the ball which led to open threes. He still had some impact. I'd be more concerned if that was his stat line in a loss,

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Any way you spin it, scoring zero points isn't good for a player's draft stock. It's not like defenses are going to get easier in the NBA.

GotGame15 and topfive like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.