1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jabari Smith Jr. Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vator, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

That is just insane . . .

Rocket River

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

whether paolo is better or not is irrelevant. It has literally nothing to do with Bari

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This is premature ejaculation, three games does not a season nor career make.

Sure, it's a step in the right direction but .... it doesn't mean he's turned some proverbial corner.

This is just Jabari hitting the open shots he has bricked for the first 62 games of the season (for him).

He's still been a negative +/- over these last 3 games. -3, -5 & 0.

These were the results we expected with the #3 pick ....

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

Then your expectations were way out of whack, my dude. 19-year-old rookies don't come into the league posting these kinds of numbers on a game after game, night after night basis even if they're the first pick, let alone the third. I mean, did you miss the whole "first teenager in NBA history to do this" thing?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I can be pessimistic and yet be pleasantly surprised. 25% chances (or whatever) happen 25% of the time, roughly speaking.

"hope I am wrong" is a universal acknowledgement of a bayesian space that is within the realm of reasonable probability.

Like, you could say "I hope you're not going to quantum tunnel through your chair right now because you'd probably die a grisly death, I hope I'm not wrong" - but the probability of it happening is like 10. to the negative 100 power or whatever. So basically - 0.

The probabiliy of me being wrong on a basketball BBS is much greater than that! like in the double digits.

TEXNIFICENT and Easy like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

net negative is just stupid in this context. That's why if you don't watch the actual games you would know Smith was clearly the best player on the floor in those games

clutchdabear and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Were you unfrozen from back in 2004 when saying "no homo" was a thing?

The upcoming game against the Pelicans is Pride Night at the Toyota Center, fyi.

astros123 likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Im quite young compare to the average posters on here, pretty sure no homo isnt exclusively a 2004 thing.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I get that a lot of people made excuses for him but he was flat out awful for nearly the entire season, given his attitude and how hyped he was, I think he owes fans an apology for being so bad for so long.

We can be happy that he's finally remembered he knows how to shoot, but that doesn't make his garbage performance up to this point acceptable.

Dredd likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Galveston Bayesian is my favorite motel in League City.

@B-Bob

Deckard, B-Bob and astros123 like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt that :cool:

12. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

I’ve always believed and was one of the few who wanted Jabari before the draft. He’s 19 and anyone that gave up on him is a new basketball fan or is emotionally unstable and I feel for your family.

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

How to spot the homophobe 101 - Lesson 1: They still use "no homo" and "gay" as a pejorative.

14. Dredd

Dredd Member

He had a few good games

DreamShook likes this.
  15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Yeah kinda like last year when you busted off your ish on JG and he followed it up with the most 30 pt gms as a rookie since AI. Then you came out to support. You and your like are just leeches.

Enjoy the show.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Eh the best player creates space for other players and is a player that is gameplanned for by the opposing team.

If Jalen can have a positive +/- on this team since the all-star break then Jabari can also if he wants to be the best player the past few games but Jabari is still negative.

Right now I'm cautiously optimistic. @Corrosion is correct. The main difference now vs earlier in the season is he's hitting the open shots given to him with a small minor uptick in self created shots. He's also is more aggressive at pit backs after an offensive rebound and actually utilizing his length. He has sprinkled some impressive turnaround jumpers but it's still mostly open shots created. I'm not going to label a player finally hitting their open shots as the "best player" during a stretch.

The hopeful thing here is that Jabari continuing this trend of being a reliable shooter which leads to more spacing and freeing up the primary ball handlers on the team.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he wasn't correct using net negative in the context it was used

18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I get what you are saying. A team like the Rockets that lose a lot with large pt differentials, even good players with positive impact will have a negative +/-. I'm just stating that there is a single player on this roster since the all-star break that somehow does have a positive +/- on this team. I'm assuming that player would be the best player during the ster h as it's really hard to have a positive +/- on this team.

19. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I imagine that if one could create a Venn Diagram of Jabari and Green Haters with Alperen Sengun only fans, there would be a significant amount of crossover.

Same morons who claimed that Jeremy Linn was better than Harden. It is so ridiculous that it is hard to type without bursting with laughter.

We have all seen this movie and know how it will end.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

All due respect, if you expected Jabari to produce at the All-Star level he's produced over the last three games then your expectations were INSANE and you have nobody to blame for that but yourself. Almost nobody produces at that level for a season while they're still a teenager.

Let's look at some examples.

Kevin Garnett, despite being drafted straight out of high school, was the same age as Jabari in his rookie season. He averaged 10 ppg and 6 rpg in 28 minutes per game that year.

When Dirk Nowitzki was a rookie he was 20 years old. He averaged 8 ppg and 4 rpg.

At age 19 Giannis averaged 6 ppg and 4 rpg.

Tim Duncan averaged 20 and 10 in his rookie campaign (and Jabari has done better than that over his last three games) but he had played a full four years in college.

Jabari is averaging 14 and 7. When you look at it that way, he's way ahead of schedule even if he didn't produce the way he did the last few games. Your expectations were just crazy. Very few players of his age produce on that level. Not even many all-time greats.