1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry guys, Silas will be here next year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rolliepollie, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

This is not an early April fools joke

Here are the facts :

1. Jabari is now coming out and saying he likes Silas. That goes a long ways with the org. Jabari is also showing massive improvement and guess who will get the credit? Silas. https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/arti...ccess_he_keeps_trusting_you/s1_17031_38579329

2. Silas was brought here 3 yrs ago for one reason , harden. Looks like harden is coming back = silas is given another shot with a real team instead of a bunch of teens

3. KPJ was forced onto silas to play pg by stone, (John wall forced to sit entire yr remember) was a mistake by stone and silas shouldn't be blamed.

gfab-babyboi and ashleyem like this.
  2. dmoneybangbang

I would bet Silas is the coach at the beginning of next season.

lakersuck2 and BigShasta like this.
  3. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Silas is a player coach. He's not going to scream at his players, of course they like him. I don't have kid, I don't know how Gen Z is. Maybe they can't be scream at. I don't know. The bigger question is who is better? Will he accept the job? Not many coach willing to go through rebuild process.

clos4life likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

sauces

whisper circles

justinh likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. But he will have pressure on him to show improvement and start to win some games.

gfab-babyboi and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Of course Silas might be employed further with Hollinses (Ryan and Lionel), KPJ and Nix might be given extensions. Do not forget the old say: " Sometimes it is not enough you succeed, others has to fail also". Rockets look like a drunkard guy and everything possible.

If Rockets employs Silas next year I will remember Terentius: "Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto",

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Silas isn't flexible enough. He can't work with guys who don't fit with his system. I don't think he's the right coach for this team, and I hope the org realizes it.

joshuaao, larry cook, Nook and 2 others like this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]
    Any sausages tell me…that's NOT true!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Moabite and DreamShook like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Silas absolutely deserves to stay. He’s done a wonderful job of accumulating the worst 3 year record in NBA history.

AroundTheWorld and juanm34 like this.
  11. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

We'll have to see how the draft lottery goes. The #1 pick could have a thing or two to say about that.

jim1961 likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Who is the projected #1 pick in 2024? Need to know asap so I can start praying for him...

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

he should be fired for Ime Udoka, but I can see him being here next year because the Rockets haven’t even tried to give him even just a decent roster yet

Streakshooter, topfive and maj21 like this.
  14. cml750

cml750 Member

If SIlas comes back I will tune out until he is gone. I see no need to waste my time supporting a team that employs a coach who would be subpar at the high school level. This is the absolute last year I am tolerating this bullshit due to the obvious tank. Next year will be time to get back to trying to win which starts by hiring a real NBA coaching staff.

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Sil@ss just closed on a new home here in Houston!
    He will be here next season - FML!!!!!!

sauces:

DeBeards, AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  16. OkayAyeReloaded

People hate losing which is understandable, but if his job was to tank, he's been excellent. We'll see what the draft gives us. Next year the job is to win or show improvement without our own pick, so that's when I'll give credit or accountability personally.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m gonna trust Clutch when he’s says for sure Silas will be gone. Not questioning the OP’s cred, but been trusting Clutch since like 98ish. Also if the rockets are trying to pivot to being competitive next season, it’s highly unlikely they don’t want a clean slate on the coaching and culture.

If no coaching change it would be one of my biggest disappointments as a rockets fan…ever. I’m not sure I can watch another season with Silas. Pretty sure I wouldn’t renew my league pass or go to any games.

18. maj21

maj21 Member

It’s a real possibility! I’d say they give him about 20 games to show something

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

When has Clutch said that?

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

many times on Rockets watch. Many many times.