1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans Free Agency 2023

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Trey Wingo: Rodgers to Jets is done deal.

raining threes likes this.
  2. a time to chill

Welcome back UH Legend Case Keenum.

I just hope they are not planning to punt on drafting a QB in the 1st round while using Keenum as a bridge to the future. We've seen this before with O'Brien using Fitzpatrick as the bridge and passing on Bridgewater, Carr, Garoppolo to draft Savage.

raining threes and Fulgore like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like your mind is made up. No matter how well Bryce performs you will have an excuse. Cmon man

5. raining threes

He's shown more flash than Ok?

How many sacks has Winovich had in a season.

They've probably spent 7 mil (I'm not going to look this up) on guys that are street level FA's.

6. raining threes

I wont need an excuse.

He's going to be hurt and if I'm wrong he's going to have a Flutie type career. I was hoping for more out of 1-2. But in typical McNair fashion they've put fans butts in the seats above putting the best product on the field and taking a long range view of how to win a championship.

Facts: Nothing from day #1 has changed down on Kirby. I've come to this realization/acceptance.

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Case Keenum? I didn’t know he was still in the league. Sure hope we hit a home run with a new center in FA and defensive gem. So far, I’m not impressed, but hope these are just depth signings and we do make some real noise in the FA market.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Wow. I actually love this move and the Case Keenum signing both. I'm admittedly about as negative as a person can get when it comes to the Texans, but these feel like good moves.

11. cbass

cbass Member

Your assertion that drafting Bryce is the wrong football move and is just about putting butts in the seats is one that is not held by the majority of professional football observers.

Maybe let it all play out before being such a downer.

12. raining threes

There's competition, so that means they will have to spend money to get him. They're out. In fact I'm not sure I would want to overpay for this guy. He's been avg to below avg until last year.

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Dang, someone having a meltdown a few hours into the off-season.

14. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

The only Texans jersey I ever bought was Case Keenum's, I'll buy one next year, and if he's still around when they change uniforms I'll buy another...

Hank McDowell likes this.
  15. raining threes

Hope you love you some modern day Flutie. It will make for a good story line. That's what they're all about down on Kirby, it's been this way for the last 2 decades. Acceptance is the 1st part of understanding reality. This isn't about Young, this is about the McNair's not prioritizing winning.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

So if he doesn’t get hurt and he’s ripping up the league what will you say then?

houstonstime likes this.
  17. raining threes

That's what is important to the McNair's.

I'm so glad I let my season tickets go back this year, even if it did cost me my PSL money. I had a feeling that nothing had changed down on Kirby.

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

5.5 in back to back seasons, along with 48 tackles in 2020

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s reasonable given the Texans history. I really hope they trade down from 1.2 for a Chicago type haul, build up a young super aggressive defense and OL. Tunsil doesn’t fit the scheme so maybe we get a great haul for him also and sign or trade for somebody that fits it better. Play smash mouth, get Achane in the third, load up at TE. Put off QB until next year or take a flyer on AR or the Tn guy.

20. raining threes

I will say for how long and if he proves me wrong then I will admit it.

Will you admit it if he's lucky enough to stay healthy but has a Flutie type career? Or will you blame his Flutie type career on other things/players?