1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Dubious, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Buck Turgidson

It's a bad situation and he's doing what he can.

If you could somehow pry Musselman away from Arky that would be huge. It's a golden job, with the new arena and all, I just don't know who's available.

2. Buck Turgidson

Here's UH...

Here's UT playing these teams the next 2 weeks:

@ 4 Tennessee
    vs 17 Baylor
    @ 5 Kansas St
    @ 9 Kansas

MadMax likes this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Watching this game as the Baylor Bear you all know I am. Wish you guys weren’t headed to the SEC because our programs are separated by a 90 minute drive and those would be fun matchups over the next couple of years. I remember heading to Austin my freshman year at Baylor a million years ago to follow the basketball team. Sucks that we are all moving on from that. Oh well.

solid likes this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Tradition is dying; money is flying. Greed is driving just about everything including churches.

MadMax likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

looks like It'll be a couple more years. Enjoy

MadMax likes this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

....and just like that, McMurphy is saying the parties are all in agreement for UT & OU to join the SEC in 2024. That news was fun while it lasted lol

EDIT: apparently FOX and ESPN still haven't agreed....we'll see.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nice 2nd half by UT to come back. Got some revenge for the huge blowout back at home on Jan

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

We're 2-1 on this hellacious 4-game stretch (@ Kansas tomorrow)...then 3 games against the lesser teams, then close the season with another hellacious 4-game stretch. 1-game lead for the regular season title, with 5 teams within 2 games.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Looks like its official now. I guess we'll all just have to enjoy the matchups for the next year fellas

Buck Turgidson and MadMax like this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

I like it for football, but I'm way sad about hoops.

Outside of Coach Barnes at the Other UT, I couldn't give 2 warm sh!ts about SEC basketball.

eta: Baylor @ TCU should be a fun one Saturday. Let's find out whose christian god is better!

#971 Buck Turgidson, Feb 11, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2023
    YOLO likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Maybe UT doesn’t need to search for another coach after all. Congrats to UT winning the B12 tourney. Especially in such a competitive year

gucci888 likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

We need a March Madness Tourney Thread, after this weekend.

I'm putting you in charge of it.

14. Buck Turgidson

You're not wrong, but still...

They're talking about Billy Donovan, Musselman, national candidates, etc...

I love what Terry has done keeping it all together, and I'm glad it's not my call, to be honest.

beardsanity713, mtbrays and gucci888 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Got you. I was actually already planning to do it once the field was set tomorrow haha

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Terry has done a remarkable job. Nobody would've expected the best season in 12 years after the Beard fiasco, but Terry performed a coaching masterclass. The only issue is that 7 guys are leaving the team this year and there's no guarantee that a new roster will rally to Terry like this one.

If you can get Musselman, Donovan, Jay Wright, etc. you have to.

17. Buck Turgidson

This is what's going to happen, and it sucks for Terry, because he's done nothing but brilliant work.

Promote ($$$) him to "Director of Basketball Ops" or something? Hell, if I was a school needing a coach I'd hire him in a heartbeat.

raining threes and mtbrays like this.
  18. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Well it didn't take long for Beard to land on his feet. The more I think about it the more I feel like it's for the best that UT let him go. Despite the fact that he's a free man and his gf is crazy, ultimately it's on him for choosing to stay in a toxic relationship in the first place. Trust me, the incident that led to all of this is definitely not the first time that she was insane. Beard could have found himself 1000+ different women but chose to stay in a toxic relationship. Better decision-making is needed from a public figure at UT Austin.

20. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Awesome first game of the tournament. Rice was obviously the highlight, but Disu helped us stay grounded in the second half. Carr tried to let Colgate back into the game with 3 or 4 turnovers that led to baskets in the second half, but he played better after the brief benching. Terry's game plan of running Colgate off of the three point line was great. The only cause for concern was the way that Colgate's lumbering centers were able to push Christian Bishop around down low and more athletic centers could punish us.

Penn State is hot so we'll so how that goes. I would've preferred to play A&M, of course, but hopefully we can take care of business on Saturday night.