1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Victor Wembanyama tank thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lunareste, Oct 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't see 1 or 2 helping out a lot in the first year as well.

ico4498 likes this.
  2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Probably true. Even LeBron had pretty meh efficiency the first year. I mean, I think Wemby or Scoot would make us better right away, but not to the point where we're contenders.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol the first step is to get close to the Play In but of course signing Harden would make it seem a Play In spot is automatic barring injuries.

Henderson has to get used to run this questionable team.

Wemby has to get accustomed to culture, country.....

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I disagree - i think Victor or Scoot have a chance of putting up rookie seasons that meet or exceed the quality of the current players seasons.

Rookie Wemby vs rookie Jabari?
    Rookie scoot vs Daishen Nix/TyTy this year?

That alone will contribute a few more wins

The productivity is simply going to be much higher. Like not even close. And plus, in their best form they'll add explosive elements that this crew simply doesn't have

Meanwhile, the other prospects - would anybody be surprised if Jarace Walker shoots 31% from 3 and 66% from FTs as a rookie? No disrespect to him but that's simply more of the same.

Frankly these guys have a chance of being better than our alleged cornerstones next year.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean yeah you disagree, record will tell the story, I haven't seen a team turning it around as fast as Sactown but they made deals for veterans and an All Star.

Fox has been playing for a lengthier time now.

It's actually not that hard to exceed 20 or 25 wins if the teams play as a unit.

Without the first or 2nd pick even.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You think rookie Scoot is going to be more competent than hypothetically 5th year KPJ? I'm not certain on that. I mean Nix and TyTy are low first round pick talent. No one expected them to have any impact their rookie years.

roslolian likes this.
  7. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's going to be a rookie being compared to third year players (Green, Sengun). Rookies don't usually fare too well in those comparisons if the raw talent is even remotely in the same ballpark. Which to be fair with Wemby at least, maybe it's not. But yes, getting one of those guys would make us better.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Victor should be in a different caliber of prospect level. The expectations for Lebron were 1st ballot upper tier hall of famer. I don't think anyone expected that out of green or sengun.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lebron came into the league already bully balling NBA players. There is a specific type of ultra young player who dominates right away and those are your tank builds like Shaq, Lebron, Zion(healthy Zion was near elite right off the bat) etc. Doncic though not overtly muscular came into the league string enough to not be pushed around. He was strong enough to impose is space on the floor.

Wemby can be a generational talent but that doesn't mean he's going to make generational impact right off the gate.

roslolian likes this.
  10. SamFisher

A 30 win season counts as a massive improvement for these losers.

11. SamFisher

I expect the soup to fly when KPJ is placed in his natural role but the real Scoot has a good chance of being more competent and more watchable than Mr. (nearly) 19-6-6 (who has already missed 21 games)

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/?_ga=2.61190956.1276646557.1678380317-2104665024.1678380316

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

How tall is this guy really? If he's "only" 7'3" that's barely taller than guys like Kareem or Dikembe, who had long durable careers. I don't think 1 inch really makes that much difference. (That's what she said.) If he's actually 7'5" or whatever that is more substantial and it's true that it's hard to find players that tall who haven't struggled with injuries. (Although to be fair, it's hard to find players that tall at all.)

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

All these guys are playing with a team made up of 19-21 year olds. Unless there is precedence for past success under these parameters. It is quite disingenuous to call them losers.

Go ahead though with your bad ass self Sam Fisher!

roslolian and Ancient Moabite like this.
  15. jayfree

jayfree Member

So, you're saying the Rockets could get Wemby... still suck... get a top 4 pick in 2024... draft Bronny.... All the while bringing LeBron here in FA?

That's when Harden will join this team ;)

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

A team made up of guys that can’t drink legally and the rest about to file for social security.

17. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

With Harden as the starting Point Guard, why would we be picking Scoot. ?
    Hewoul have to be the back up Poiny Guard.!
    Its Important that we get Wenby, then the question is will we need Sengun? Y

18. SamFisher

What is this some Aggieland stuff? I don't know what else to describe the 3x losingest team in the L as - the run-out-of-timiest team?

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am very aware of the record for the rockets the last 3 years. It sure seems to me that management is trying to lose a lot for another pick this season.

Regardless if you can pinpoint a team in the past where the minutes played are at the average age per minute for the Rockets and have a good or even average winning % I would LOVE to see it.

So perhaps you are waaaaay way smarter than I am.

To me though if management is attempting to get another high pick this year (essentially setting up these rookie & sophomores for failure). While you are unable to provide another team made up players this inexperienced having better success. Then it is in fact disingenuous to call these players losers.

Like I said though more power to you big guy!

roslolian and Ancient Moabite like this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think its safe to say they will stay in the top 3.

Charlotte is 5 better (or worse depending upon how you see it) in the Win column ahead of San Antonio .... even if Charlotte didn't win another game they aren't getting into the top 3.

groovemachine likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.