1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. 9baller

9baller Member

If the injury concerns are true, and Stroud goes #1, then we might be better off just going defense at #2.

Wattafan likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Yeah he said as much at the combine.
    He may be forced to behind Texans line!o_O

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What’s funny is there are numerous screen/behind the line of scrimmage throws, short curls and slant throws, that you and others said that’s all Levis does (not true) He had one good throw off platform to the weak side boundary but more misses off platform. And he had a bunch of wide open or one on ones with Harrison.
    Over threw a few to the sidelines.

5. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

There's a difference between a specific game plan and the entire offense being heavily slanted towards screens. Either way, there is no debate between Stroud and Levis when it comes to accuracy so it's irrelevant.

6. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Except that Stroud is terrible under pressure. Levis is better 10-20 yds from the post I showed you.
    Also, it’s completely false that Kentucky is geared around screens. That’s just a flat out lie.

7. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

You can keep relying on some random blog persons information but mine came from footballoutsider’s which is more reputable and showed the opposite. Anyone who watches tape and you could see this even at the combine, can tell that Stroud is a more accurate thrower than Levis. Not sure why this is the hill you want to die on.

Fulgore likes this.
  8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

After this shoulder injury, he completed 63% of his passes and had a TD/int ratio of 18/2.

He missed two weeks, I believe.

Those stats are still better than most of the other quarterbacks in the draft.

Why is the shoulder injury a thing?

Rudyc281, houstonstime and Fulgore like this.
  9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Completion percentage came from somewhere.
    No one is on any hill, Stroud throws to wide open receivers with very little pressure, when he has pressure he’s dogshit.
    And the hill you’re dying on is believing some junior analysis saying Kentucky offense is screen based, when it’s not. Then seeing mutlil against Michigan from Ohio St.

10. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Joe Burrow can move a bit.

red5rocket likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Anthony Richardson
    • height: 6'4"
    • weight: 244 lb
    • 40yd dash: 4.44
    • vertical: 40.5
    • broad: 10'9"
    Taysom Hill
    • height: 6'2"
    • weight: 230 lb
    • 40 yd dash: 4.46
    • vertical: 38.5
    • broad: 10'2"

12. STR8Thugg

It's a concern. Something that can be mitigated a bit with strengthening of the rotator cuff muscles. In his case, strengthening of his anterior and lateral deltoid, trapezius, and serratus anterior will be important, as those muscles are used extensively when throwing the ball. However, sometimes these things can be tricky and up to the individual. At the end of the day, I'm betting on Bryce Young and I think he is closer to Philips Rivers in his durability than Tua Tags.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. raining threes

I'm not picking a guy if he's got labrum issues at 1-2.

All you said may be true. But spending 1-2 and hoping what your post says is crazy. IMHO

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. STR8Thugg

Josh Allen
    • height: 76.88in
    • weight: 237 lb
    • 40yd dash: 4.75s
    • vertical: 33.5
    • three cone: 6.90s
    • broad jump: 119in
    Blaine Gabbert
    • height: 76.38in
    • weight: 234 lb
    • 40 yd dash: 4.61
    • vertical: 33.5
    • three cone: 6.84s
    • broad jump: 120in

Zen Tabak and Fulgore like this.
  15. raining threes

Because a doctor who keeps up with this stuff better than the Texans medical staff said that he most likely has injured his labrum. (not necessarily torn) If true and it's only injured this still should mean buyer beware.

This Dr. also called the Schaub/Stingley Lisfranc's and the Watt back, before any news came out. He's credible.

Rudyc281 and zeeshan2 like this.
  16. STR8Thugg

Nobody is saying he has labrum issues. It's just that shoulder subluxation can be concerning, bc some people experience recurring injuries. If they physically evaluated him and come away with concerns then that is another story.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. raining threes

The Dr. has said there's a chance of some fraying of the labrum.

After all of these years do you trust the Texans medical staff to get this right? I dont

18. STR8Thugg

The question is what is that chance. It's a lot of baseless speculation. Is there reason to be concerned? Sure.

Also, maybe I am forgetting something but what have the Texans medical staff royally screwed up?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would think a labrum is harder to diagnose based off of visuals than a lisfranc.

The Texans staff will be on it.

I believe this was posted on Texans talk a few weeks ago. That guy is fairly credible, but without inside knowledge, this would be pure speculation. Especially since he played and played well quickly after the injury.

My question is, what inside knowledge does he have that wouldn't be made available to the Texans training staff? Seems unlikely...

More likely is that this is a slin by some team that wants him.

Hell, just as likely that he didn't hrow at the combine because the Texans told him not to...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. raining threes

You've got far more faith in the Texans medical staff than I do.