1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill Simmons: “In the whisper circles, everybody seems to think he’s going back to Houston.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Mar 6, 2023.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

He's not that guy anymore man. He's not getting as much attention because of Embid.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

He isnt better than Lillard now. Harden isnt the same player he was in Houston, that guy is on a different level than Lillard.

EPM, LEBRON, RAPTOR, basically all the catch all metrics have Lillard as the better player right now. Harden will likely age waaaay better than Lillard but Lillard is still at his peak right now.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

This I can at least understand. I dont agree with singing Harden but if you really dont think we have "The Guy" on this roster, than I understand.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You have your own opinions and I have mine. My opinion is Lillard is not a better player.

HP3 likes this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Go look at the Dallas game in the first half when he had 19 points 10 assists in the first half .. the second half doc started running the whole offense through Embiid and Harden was turned into a spectator. Go look at the bucks game when Embiid was sitting harden went nuts without Embiid on the floor. Miami game without Embiid they demolished Miami in Miami.

When they run the offense through harden as the main guy he easily gives them 25 to 29 during those games.

Yes he is still that guy but he is fine playing second fiddle to Embiid who is the most dominant scoring big man since shaq

MadMax likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I just dont think he can do that every night anymore man. Its because Embid is taking the load off of James that he's able to do that some nights.

7. riko

riko Member

No one can give you 38 points a night for a whole season like he did against the bucks.That’s unrealistic but Harden has shown when the offense goes through him as the first option this season he can easily give you anywhere from 26 to 29 a night with 10 or 11 assists. That would put him in the 5 to 8 of the best players in the nba range.

MadMax likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I might be in the (huge) minority here but I'd keep KPJ ..... he is the better defender & better shooter - much better fit with Harden & can also run the offense with the 2nd unit.

Green can either come off the bench or be traded for an upgrade elsewhere.

I don't know what to do with Jabari, if he can start hitting a respectable percentage from 3 he's a very valuable piece as a 3D wing / Big and maybe Harden unlocks that?

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If Harden can’t unlock Jabari, that’s on Jabari. That’s valuable to know, imo.

riko likes this.
  10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Skill-wise, KPJ is a better role player than Green no doubt. Green, IMO, has the better ability to absolutely go nuts on offense which is what we want from a young running mate for Harden.

riko likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

level of entertainment:

Harden on the Rockets next year >>>> Current guys plus another 19 year old project plus whatever vets we overpay for in another lotto toilet season (which accrues to OKC)

riko and MadMax like this.
  12. MadMax

TedLassoYes.GIF

13. cml750

cml750 Member

I would have no issues with signing Harden. I just hope he still has a little bit left in the tank in his late 30's.

As for Wemby I think him and Sengun are the perfect match to play together. Wemby would make up for Sengun's defense deficiencies. With Sengun's passing ability and also add Harden with his passing ability and we would have the makings of a great team. If Green and Jabari could ever get over the hump we would be set.

MadMax likes this.
  14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sure, I don't mean to single out KPJ. I think if we get Scoot and Harden comes back he just becomes even more redundant than Green. Maybe Green is the one that goes, but I think Green's ceiling is higher in 5 years, so we should only trade him for high value. If the team is looking to start competing again I think everyone is on the trade block potentially.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d offer BK Sengun and most of their picks back for Bridges or offer Sengun plus whatever for Siakam

Harden
    Green
    Bridges
    Bari
    Wemby

Harden
    Green
    Bari
    Siakam
    Wemby

I still have faith that Jabari will start hitting jump shots and I think he’ll be a good defender in this league, so he’d be invaluable as a role player

Y2JT likes this.
  16. MadMax

I’m freaked out about Wemby injuries once he starts approaching 30…but until then, let’s go! I think he might be the kind of player where you figure out what you need once he’s there…but you don’t have as long as you did with Dream, honestly. Guys that height don’t last that long.

17. RocketsDraftTV

BigMaloe likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

This is a contextless stat that doesnt actually show you the film. I have watched all their games this year, Embid absolutely does help Harden get more space.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea and we would still be exactly where we are now, towards the bottom of the standings.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nook, BigMaloe, riko and 1 other person like this.