1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Sep 26, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

2. body slam

body slam Member

3. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

These demonstrate that Levis is more power than speed and thats ok. Josh Allen only ran a 4.75 at the combine. For bigger QBs, pure raw speed isn't as important as a good feel for running and some elusiveness.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Curious to hear how Stroud hasn’t shown whether he can perform under pressure vs Levis. Losing twice to Michigan is never a good thing if you’re OSU but their defense got absolutely steamrolled both times. Other than that, Stroud has been nails. That game vs Georgian damn near flawless. And I am by no means a Stroud fan.

Also why would Texan fans knock Bryce down because BoB was his OC?

5. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

It's based on PFFs grading. Besides the last Georgia game, apparently Stroud graded very low under pressure. It's interesting because he really didn't have that many games against opponents that were challenging for Ohio State and he was rarely under much pressure so hard to say if it's a genuine issue, or just a case of low sample size and him not needing to handle pressure better.

Xopher, gucci888 and raining threes like this.
  6. raining threes

Stroud hasn't been hit as many times in his entire career as Levis has been this season and until the Georgia game he hasn't held up well to pressue when a DL can hit him. This could be a sign of things to come or maybe not. I'm not betting 1-2 and hoping he's the guy we saw in the Georgia game on a regular basis. In fact Young has shown way more guts than Stroud ever has as a tiny man willing to stay in the pocket and take hits to give his WR's time to get open.

I think Stroud will become a top 10-15 QB and that's not good enough for me to have to deal with his agent of Stroud's crew if I'm Cal.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I think he’s going to be the 4th qb maybe 3rd depending on if people like Richardson more but he’s behind stroud and Bryce for sure

primtim24 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’m pretty sure everyone just assumes Bryce Young won in spite of Obrien. And while I am a Bryce only
    Fan, I also don’t think it’s that crazy of an assumption..

9. raining threes

Lets see:

Watson lead the NFL in passing

Many think Young's the 1st pick in the draft

All of this happened inspite of BOB?

BOB is great with QB's, avg as a HC, terrible as a GM.

moonnumack, primtim24 and Commodore like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hmm, I think I would rather believe that Young and Watson are actually just great QBs and that Hoyer, Mallet, osweiler, Tom savage… etc are all the actual Bill Obrien examples.

But either way I love Bryce Young, don’t care what connection to Bill Obrien he has, as long as he doesn’t anymore.

Fulgore likes this.
  12. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle, but we do know that Ryan Fitzpatrick said he learned more about how to play QB from BoB that he did at any other time in his career.

primtim24 and raining threes like this.
  13. cbass

cbass Member

[​IMG]

14. Buck Turgidson

I remember many years ago, a solid not great player named Mike Mamula, out of BC or Penn State or ND or one of those Catholic molester places. He trained heavily and strictly for the combine, and he killed everything...went from a 3rd rounder to a top-10 pick.

Do any of yall remember who Mike Mamula is? No? Didn't think so.

Combine B.S. is combine b.s.

Shark44 and ROCKSS like this.
  15. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

I remember Mamula quite well.
    He was a Jerry Hughes level contributor until he tore his knee up. Not quite the combine cautionary tale that some try to make him out to be.

16. raining threes

He needs to take that trade and if the team that loses our wants 1-2 and offers a similar package Caserio should take the deal. This is how you build a winning team

Of course this is lying season, do who knows what to believe.

17. raining threes

This attitude is what I find so interesting.

You would think posters would want nothing to do with a BOB protege.

18. cbass

cbass Member

Why?

Why would someone penalize Bryce because of who his OC was? His production speaks for itself.

19. raining threes

Because he's coming into the NFL way behind other QB's if he's been trained by a mentally challenged person like some would have you believe.

20. Hawkeye84

Hawkeye84 Member

Like Tom Brady?