1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 Clippers Pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Believe It!, Feb 10, 2023.

1. i3artow i3aller

Clippers get an easy opp vs a depleted Memphis squad on Sunday

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Crap.

saleem likes this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Clippers won, but it required 38 minutes from PG and Kawhi, and Memphis didn’t have Ja or Brooks.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Brooks is a version of Draymond.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yep. Thug Life.

The player you love (or rationalize) when he's on your team and hate otherwise.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I always felt that way about PatBev .... not that he's dirty or a thug - just the way he goes hard all the time.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i saw most of that game, clips got very heavy refaid w/ every possible call and non-call needed to win

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Clippers pick will likely be under 20, could be as high as the mid teens. From there you could easily package secondary assets to trade even higher, possibly into the top 10.

It could end up being an amazing trade given how low Gordons value was. In the long run we could end up creating a lottery pick simply by moving a series of lesser assets, which is pretty hard to do.

I've really soured on Stone, but this series of moves is looking good.

Nook, vince, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't like using the word "thug", but there's a context. The Memphis player in question smugly staring down anyone whose balls he just karate chopped as if to say, "Do something about it."

I guess when a white guy pulls the same crap I'll re-use the word so that I can be an equal opportunity offender. Maybe Kevin Love still has some retribution left in him from those Luis Scola days.

JohnWoo713 likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Looking at the Clippers and Kawhi's seeming indifference towards his career at this point, it could be as high as 9. There is a swath of teams in that 32-33 loss range and they don't have an easy schedule coming up. Raptors, Knicks, Warriors, Magic, @Blazers, Thunder, Thunder, Pelicans, Bulls, @Grizz, @Grizz, @Pelicans, Lakers, Blazers, @suns. All games against teams with something to play for outside of maybe the Magic. But they're no pushover this year.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Good god, imagine if we land Wemby or Scoot and we get to take a flier on somebody like Walker or one of the Thompson twins or whatever gifted athlete falls to the back of the top ten.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The Clippers' remaining schedule is tough, but I'm not that optimistic about a complete collapse on their part. Most games in their recent five-game losing streak went down to the wire and that was against tough competition in Denver and Sacramento twice. Honestly, if the pick ends up top 20 I'm already happy.

RudyTBag and groovemachine like this.
  13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I agree. I’m guessing it falls in the 17 - 20 range, which is fine by me. Lots of good prospects in that range.

groovemachine and Williamson like this.
  14. sydmill

sydmill Member

I wonder if KMart + LAC pick could get you up to Utah/LAL/Portland or NO who are all tied at the tenth pick?

If the Rockets can't get Wemby my next favorite draft haul is Brandon Miller and Taylor Hendricks.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Clippers pick is #16 as of 3/7

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don’t want that clips pick in the lottery. i envision silver salivating and rubbing his palms at the thought of wemby in LA

17. JohnWoo713

JohnWoo713 Member

Ware if we don’t land Wemby with our pick. Team needs a defensive center that has height.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like 8-12 in this draft

or

Ware / Lively who will fall into the 20s.

Trade up or back. DO SOMETHING STONE. jk

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Chill out, LeBron.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I've been hyping Lively since day one. If we get Wemby and Lively there's no reason to keep Sengun, especially to play PF. Can you imagine Sengun guarding opposing teams PFs??

Also, you want TYTY and JC as your backup PGs over KPJ?