1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About This Weather We've Been Having?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, May 4, 2015.

Tags:
  1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Yea no, it’s bad enough you live in southern Oklahoma. Having said that, You certainly don’t want to have to evacuate once every year or two.

Dr of Dunk likes this.
  2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Crazy wind gusts here in D/FW. Power is out. I thought I was going to blow away.

Edit: It’s been an hour. Where’s my power? F@ck ONCOR! F@ck e’erybody! Neighbor already running his noisy as f@ck generator.

#1943 Surfguy, Mar 2, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wooo.... that was "fun". I'm glad we escaped hail and tornadoes where I live, or at least I didn't hear any. Also still have electricity. The temps dropped from around 73-79 to 54 degrees. I think winds were clocking in around 70-80 mph. A supermarket down the road from me a couple of miles away had its roof peeled and dropped on the cars parked in front of it.

I was going to get a new roof this year, but wanted to wait until May or June. No hail, but not sure if that wind lifted some shingles on the 9-10 year-old roof.

5. Surfguy

If my roof isn’t leaking, then it don’t need replacing. I’m sure the roofer guy would get up there and mark every little thing with the chalk.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Gangsta!

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Here we go CenTX.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Get an even noisier generator. Find a way to attach one of those absurd exhausts that some folks put in their Civics.

10. Buck Turgidson

Big fun the past 48 hrs

11. Surfguy

My power came back on after 8 hours. Early on after the outage, the power would flicker. I think it did like 30 times in a minute. It fried my Amazon wireless electrical outlet adapter I think. The adapter now blinks red and never connects to the network. I've never seen power blink so many times. I felt like I was in "Close Encounters" when the toys all activated and it was crazy as UFOs were nearby. I probably should have unplugged some stuff when it first started but I got spooked and froze. The TV and sound kept blinking as well with every flicker. It was kind of funny.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A school district's NOC over here had their power go out yesterday in the 70-80 mph winds, but when the backup generators kicked on, they had some kind of mechanical failure, so the entire school district's NOC was without power. The fix apparently wouldn't be ready for schools to function today, so they just cancelled school for the whole day. lol.

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

It was S U B L I M E down here today. The wind was tickling my balls and the sun was smiling at me.

clos4life likes this.
  14. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

The West Coast and California in particular have a lot snow right now, which is good for June and July as usually the snow melts slowly enough to maintain good soil moistures through mid-July or later and thus delay the advent of large fires. Usually.

How the snow melts is just as important as how much there is and right now, it seems like we may get a warm rain in California later this week. A rain on snow event is obviously a trigger for massive flooding. It can melt snow fast such that it doesn't linger and slowly melt throughout the spring. Something to watch as we get close to Friday.

MadMax likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

It rained mud in CenTex. Everything is covered in Lubbock mud that blew down with the rain.

16. Buck Turgidson

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

@Surfguy ... hunker down/duck! Tornado in Ft. Worth.

*EDIT* : Now they're saying "maybe". lol. Crazy storm wall cloud out there. Some are saying there was a tornado that dropped and others are saying there wasn't. Definitely golf-ball to tennis ball-sized hail in that cell as it came in from the west, though.

#1957 Dr of Dunk, Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  18. Surfguy

That sound you hear from when the storms are passing through is our home insurance prices going up.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Today's system that hit the Pacific coast. In my OR town, it's been the second coldest March in recorded history, which honestly, has been refreshing and welcomed. It's looking like I don't have to worry about fires around here until late July or August (Unless, of course, we have another record heat wave that pushes everything into the triple digits.)

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here in MN we have a thunderstorm yesterday that turned into heavy wet snow. Woke up this morning to about 9” of mixed snow / ice. Beautiful to look at but literally a pain in the @ss to shovel.

I was just telling someone from Texas who said she wished they could have some of that snow in TX that her and anyone Texan who wants any snow y’all are free to take all of the snow from my yard

Surfguy likes this.