1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ESPN's Jonathan Givony would cut KPJ, says Rockets locker room/culture is bad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 24, 2023.

1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Fire Silas
    Fire Stone

hire Eli Witus.

hire Van Gundy.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

*eye twitches in silent rage*

Downtown Sniper and PWR like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have avoided specifics unless it has been something that multiple people have told me and the stories are exactly the same - but it has been universal from people that are in basketball circles I have spoken to, the Rockets organization is an absolute disaster since Daryl Morey left.

There will be more things coming out about just how incredibly poorly ran the Rockets are right now, and how there is a lack of even basic accountability. You have the general manager saying and doing one thing, and the head coach being undermined. You have players consistently going over the head coach's head... and you have a head coach that essentially blames his assistants when something doesn't go well.

There is ZERO accountability at all... The work ethic and lack of accountability is WORSE than last year and progressively has gotten worse according to those around the team.

Do not be surprised if the Rockets have to replace their analytical department next year because of key defections if the GM remains the same.

#43 Nook, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Also, folks gotta stop blaming KPJ.

He isn’t the coach or GM. Even if he’s a bad egg, it’s the coaches and GMs responsibility to get that player in line or get rid of that player.

They got rid of Wood, credit for that. But if kpj really is a part of the bad culture that’s on leadership for keeping him around.

KPJ is just doing what he’s empowered to do by the mf’s in charge.

darksoul35, Xopher, theDude and 4 others like this.
  5. napalm06

but, but they high five sometimes on the court! one time they hugged! chemistry!

They can blame him. They just shouldn't only blame him.

slothy420, Rashmon, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Legitimately interested in what kind of spin the KPJ knights will be able to come up with.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I can't even imagine that locker with KPJ and Wood... Yikes.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Maybe there was a reason on why CLE dumped KPJ's ass fast....

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks for the heads up.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

11. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So depressing.

12. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah no.

This is not even remotely a secret around the league. It is either met with head shakes or laughing that it has gotten this bad, this fast - and it isn't about rebuilding or tanking, it is about a complete lack of foresight or accountability and a lack of any real leadership or common sense.

The Rockets need a real GM, not an attorney that used to eat lunch with Daryl Morey and would go sit in on discussions after lunch. A real GM with the requisite skills, that has leadership and vision and has some attention to detail.

Virtually any other owner in the league would not have hired Stone, and if they did hire Stone, he would be fired.

Silas.... Stone.... Porter and a couple others that lack any professionalism and think that they are in after school daycare need to leave because it is impacting otherwise good players.

13. napalm06

#May16

14. napalm06

Well damn. By most accounts this is where any competent people are still working...

#54 napalm06, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    BigMaloe and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Does Tilman know?

Rockets would be a great episode of the Profit, if we can be put in touch with Marcus Lemonis

BHannes2BHonest, HP3 and sydmill like this.
  16. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

They be bullying KPJ again.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I do have a culture in my company. I have 25 VPs that have been with me 25 years. The culture of the company is when times are bad, we do better than everybody else. We survive tough times. And anybody that deals with us will tell you Tilman Fertitta companies have a different culture. You either love working for us or you don’t because we drive harder than other people. We’re not a lifestyle company. The Houston Rockets are not going to be a lifestyle team.”

“We’re here to win. We’re not here to be just OK and make it to the playoffs. We’re going to do whatever it takes to be a championship-style team every year. I will make moves to always extend our runway. I’m not a rebuilding guy to go collapse for three years to get draft picks. I want to keep us at as high a level as we can. I have a good management team. We’re in the city of Houston, which is soon to be the third-largest city in the United States so we should always attract our good share of free agents.

“Right now, the Houston Rockets as a brand are one of the top brands out there and we’re going to keep it that way.”

“I’m a fighter. That’s my culture, and I think the longer that I own this team, they’re going to pick up more of my culture. We’ll pick up a few Tilman-isms along the way in the next few years.”

slothy420, mikol13, Caesar and 11 others like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I been saying this for a while, Silas too good of guy. Would have probably been a good coach for a vet team that basically runs itself...

This team needs a hard ass.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no worries!! James Harden's gonna sign with Houston and everything will work out fine.

tinman and daywalker02 like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Clean house already.

cml750, Downtown Sniper and tinman like this.