1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They got outscrubbed by another scrubby team. It's infuriating, but I'm not sure what your point is.

Post Obrien/Post Watson, same thing same year.

It was forced because of Watson wanting out and I think giving him credit for being right that the Texans would be a train wreck is a big mistake. He created the train wreck by nuking the franchise.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

No... they fully put themselves in that position. There was absolutely no reason to have Mills, Cooks, or anybody else of note out there if they wanted to secure that pick. They let a coach play his best players despite knowing full well that they'd be firing that coach. That's why some teams fire the coach before the last game, if its going to happen anyways.

There were enough signs obvious to the casual fan before even going behind the scenes at the dysfunction.

whag00 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

Yeah that's fair. What's your point though? I'm just not clear on what you think this means in relation to whether they're bad play was a surprise to them?

Again, I don't what we're arguing about. The organization wasn't making great decisions for years. (no proof they are making them now either tbf) What does that have to do with whether they were trying to win the last two years?

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That they're not really sure how to intentionally be bad... or they're not trying to be intentionally bad. I'm not sure which scenario is more disastrous for the job security of the current GM.

That and the utter mis-calculation of backlash at hiring minority stop-gap fall-guys...

5. justtxyank

So really you just want to rehash that you think they suck?

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There are some here who think they have some grand orchestrated rebuild plan as the Astros did, being executed to perfection at the moment... and on the cusp of almost immediate greatness and a comparable dynasty.

Hiring Demeco was a huge step in the right direction after two absolutely wasted years that really don't have anything to show for it, both on the front office side and young talent side. I absolutely still have concerns about their GM that was allowed to survive the wreckage and the possible ensuing power struggle as to who's actually making the player decisions. The owner can't be fired but if he doesn't know how to get the right people in charge at the right time, its a problem that will continue to declare itself.

7. justtxyank

It being a grand plan they are executing perfectly is not the same thing as saying they knew they'd be bad. Do you think they were trying to be good the last two years? Hating something so much you want to make everything a weapon against them isn't a good way to discuss. They can be operating incompetently AND have intentionally not been competitive the last two years.

The point that they may have whiffed in the draft is one to focus on and I have also pointed it out. That will be a huge disappointment, but still doesn't mean they weren't intentionally bad, or knowingly bad, which is what I said. They did a tear down. They may have executed it poorly, but that doesn't mean they were bad by accident.

As to the power struggle thing, there is absolutely zero hints or evidence to suggest there is any sort of power struggle or that Caserio is some kind of backstabber. He doesn't have that in his history. I'm more concerned that he might just suck at his job.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again, you are b****ing about Bullshit in the past. Get over it. You are like a b****, keep bringing the same **** up even when you can see the changes and allowed them to play out. They know they made mistakes and have moved on. Caserio was not here when the main mistakes were made. Culley and Lovie were products of the previous mistakes because no one really wanted this job. This year's coaching search was different because the Texans took steps to improve the organization. Now, they can go forward with the team building.

They knew the fans were not going to show up. All the bad press and the Easterby BS, the Texans' were full of disfunction. Revenue drop is short term, they knew that too. You do things to keep your sponsors, but winning cures most ailments. They basically did a house cleaning (except for Caserio) and they are moving forward.

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So you wanted them to do exactly what the Flores lawsuit accused Miami of doing. I’m sure that would’ve made things a lot better for them.

10. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol…there are subtle ways to “tank.” They could (should) have traded Cooks, they could have kept Allen in at qb, etc.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yes, telling the (black) coach to bench his QB so you ensure a loss, and then firing said coach is exactly the kind of optics the Texans have been accused of being oblivious to. Trading your best receiver for nothing would also fall under the same category.

12. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Well, Cooks is still probably going to be traded and Mills probably won’t be the qb next season, so it really wasn’t much of a stretch.

And playing the “optics” game has been a part of the reason why the Texans were in the mess they were in…

Bottom line is a meaningless win will either cost the Texans a shot a the clear QB1 in this draft or it will force them to give up much-needed draft capital to go up and get him.

TheFreak likes this.
  13. justtxyank

I do think we have to keep in mind the Flores lawsuit alleging the owner told him to lose. I’m not sure anyone feels bold enough to order a loss right now

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The past? We’re talking about the current state of the Texans. They literally got something right just over a month ago with actually hiring a legit HC candidate after all sorts of embarrassment and fan apathy/backlash… you’re ready to say all is good based on just that??

they were forced to finally make a good decision. Because fans unlike you were fed up. I’m glad they’re capable of finally figuring out the pulse of the city and not relying on the sheeps who will continue to eat **** sandwiches and say it tastes great.

#454 Nick, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
  15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If they knew Lovie was going to play his best to win, then they should have fired him the week before.

The Bears benched their entire team at halftime. Nobody would have faulted them for intentionally losing the last game of the season to secure the #1 pick… they got ridiculed more for going all out to win.

desihooper, macho GRANDE and whag00 like this.
  16. SuraGotMadHops

How about some new uniforms huh?

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

As the article says, I think it'll be against the Texans.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Newsflash for Amy Adams Skank or whatever the **** your name is: current players on either team don't give a rat's ass about Oilers throwbacks. We all know you're doing this to piss off Houston fans for some asinine reason. But at the end of the day, throwback uniforms won't change the fact that your father moved the team out of a city that would have allowed you to own a far more valuable team than the one you currently own.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Tuck the Fitans