1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Astros Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by torque, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Buck Turgidson

Worst Astros logos & colors ever.

Thanks, Drayton.

Marshall Bryant, Rock Block and crose like this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The most important thing about a jersey is to let people identify the team/player. The Diamondback jerseys the Astros wore were worse because they made the Astros look like the Diamondbacks.

4. msn

msn Member

I remember this the other way. They changed their colors *after* us. I remember us trolling them on this board about it.

Maybe I remember it wrong though. Too lazy to Google it.

RKREBORN likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

6. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This. They copied us.

7. awc713

awc713 Member

what jersey are you referencing?

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This logo is still quite popular within the hat and memorabillia community.

Nook and RasaqBoi like this.
  9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Both the gold and the brick unis were questionable at best, but both shooting star logos go hard, especially the later red open star.

Colt45 likes this.
  10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm surprised he didn't end up back at Tampa Bay in some capacity. I think he will definitely provide value to Toronto. If he does nothing else other than work bullpen magic for that team it will be a huge improvement for them since they already have such a strong offense.

13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Cue Meyers to Blue Jays trade talk. Jake Meyers and Yainer Diaz for Alejandro Kirk and Cavan Biggio seems like a fair trade.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

No thx . Dont sell meyers when his value is low and not for cavan biggio....

15. Radricky

Radricky Member

Gotta keep diaz somehow.

16. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Kirk is who the Astros dream Diaz becomes. He’s a star level hitter who can capably play catcher. Perennial 3 win player who fits in the middle of a contending lineup. He is a Brantley/Altuve level hitter who would deepen Houston’s lineup tremendously.

I’m not saying it’s a steal for Houston as both Meyers and Diaz have pretty high ceilings. But I think it’s a fair value trade that makes the Astros better in the short term without making them worse in the long term.

raining threes, Astrodome and Nook like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

His playoff playbook scripting has been noticeable starting in 2020. You still need guys to perform/step-up, but I do think strategizing for short-series/playoffs is an underrated/underutilized skill.

Granted, make more sense for teams that are always in the playoffs to have this process down and have a dedicated person in charge of it, vs. a team that only occasionally makes it there.

Just this last year for example, Stanek gets demoted on the depth chart while Abreu takes his place in the later innings. Looks like an obvious move in hindsight... but was quite different compared to what was being done in the regular season.

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I would imagine he wanted Abreu getting leverage work all year long but Dusty was just being Dusty and refusing. Dusty for whatever reason only fully cooperates when the games really matter.

I don't think there's much logic in waiting until October to see if a reliever can handle pressure.

Nick likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yeah... maybe Click's contributions are so noticeable in the playoffs because Dusty doesn't listen as much during the season? Who knows... I know this year was a hodgepodge of a lot of moves/non moves that worked. Some suggested by Click. Some Dusty being stubborn. It worked. They won. Click was apparently going to be let go regardless of the outcome.

I think he'll do quite well in this role. Plays to his strengths and what got his foot in the industry from his BP days.

raining threes likes this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

raining threes and J.R. like this.