1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

I'm sorry all these concepts are terrible. A lot of these fans have weird taste.

thedude077, BigShasta, JamesC and 2 others like this.
  2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

3. Caesar

Caesar Member

If you're going to do that much of a mock up, why couldn't you simply move the star south to it's proper location for the concept?

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Houston isn’t in Dallas

5. MadMax

So wish they had picked Apollos but that’s not gonna happen at this point.

6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

He mentioned that. Said he completely forgot about moving the star. It’s about the concept though.

macho GRANDE, MadMax and Caesar like this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well move the star and I would approve for sure. The H logo from the hats would look just as good on those helmets though and wouldn't need to be bought.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The problem with the Texans aesthetic is that it's stuck in the no-man's land between avante garde and classic. It's not unique or bold enough, but at the same time not adhering to any of the classic NFL styles we're used to.

I'm very partial to the classic era so this caught my eye. Albeit it looks VERY similar to the old Houston Cougars unis.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Man, leave the uniforms alone. They're fine. The name is that needs to get change.

kdchilds likes this.
  10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Houston Bulls ?

Deep Steel Truth likes this.
  11. MadMax

What would you change the name to that would still make it appropriate to wear the exact same uniforms?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think their logo is actually pretty cool. But the frickin' logo needs to face the same way on both sides of the helmet. This drives me absolutely BONKERS!!
    [​IMG]

Two Sandwiches, desihooper and MadMax like this.
  13. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If they did this they would be the only team in the NFL to do so.

Every other team in the league with a directional logo flips it on the opposite side so that it faces forward.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  14. Caesar

Caesar Member

One of the things i wrote in about for the survey was the name Texans should invoke the same classic and rugged image of that of the legacy NFL teams, and while they did a fantastic job on the logo and wordmark, it is modern and too "cute."
    Overall, it's never going to feel "Texan" as it is. Texans should be simple, no nonsense logo and uniform aesthetic.

That's why i like the 'H' on it's own. Maybe more classic baseball logo, but it prioritizes Houston rather than the state and it just has a classic retro feel to it that doesn't get outdated.

I like our logo on it's own, but for an NFL football team, it's just not "mean" enough for me as a bull/toro logo such as the Chicago Bulls logo, for example. It may feel like it belongs so to speak, but that's only because the guy who designed the logo and letters basically designed a ton of the leagues logos in that early 2k's era and they do have a touch outdated look. Look at the Falcons, from the letters to the sharp edges of the logo. Same designer.

This wine logo looks more of something i would have done. Make it bolder, and of course instead of a wine bottle silhouette in the middle, do an H since the overall logo is shaped like a T, so a negative space H silhouette makes a lot of sense.

I know there would be people who would hate it because it would be too similar to the Longhorns, but the Longhorns is absolutely all timer classic and represents the state better than our logo...and they have a better name at that.
    That's why you stick with the theme of the rest of the city and go Space themed...but oh well.
    [​IMG]

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why would the star be up close to Texarkana?

Caesar likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Because they used the old Dallas Texans logo in the prototype.

17. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

It hurts my soul we didn't go with that.

So much identity territory to explore there.

Space is completely untouched in the NFL as a brand concept.

Hell, even Greek Mythology is also unexplored (Titans notwithstanding).

18. Hey Now!

They do. I don't know why it bothers me so much - those other teams, it makes sense. This one.... looks backwards.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Hey Now!

I have absolutely no issue with Texans. It's fine. But, yeah... Apollos was my choice. There is absolutely ZERO need to brand a city's sports teams together - but Apollos, Astros & Rockets would've been cool - all of the same cloth but uniquely different.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm not that fond of the Titans logo, but have seen similarly and better done concepts exploring the sword and shield and even helmeted warrior logos. Just do a Tennessee Titans concept search and you'll see a ton of awesome designs. Do the same search for the Texans and you won't see a single one that's even passable.
    I love Greek Mythology so i secretly like the Titans name and the logo ideas, but think their carryover Oilers colors+navy doesn't work for them. Maybe i'd hate them less if they weren't wearing a constant reminder of how they screwed us out of our team.

Apollo being Greek Mythology + Space themed would have been perfect, but i'm not sure i could have gotten used to plural "Apollos" vs just Houston Apollo. Plural irritates me, but singular doesn't feel right. Every NFL team name ends in "s" so it would be unique to be a singular "Apollo Football Team"

Space theme was the right move and they blew it before the franchise even kicked off for the first time.