1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green for LaMelo Ball - would ya?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Dec 28, 2022.

?

Would you trade J. Green for L. Ball?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2023.
  1. Yes

73 vote(s)
    25.5%
  2. No

213 vote(s)
    74.5%
  1. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Trading Green for LaMelo, and moving KPJ to shooting guard would make the team better. I’d be concerned on Ball’s health, he seems less sturdy than Jalen.

DaDakota likes this.
  2. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'd be concerned with Ball's shooting, Ball's ankles, Ball's leadership ability, and Ball's long term profile. His shooting percentage has regressed every year. While his assists are up - that's primarily due to his minutes being up and being in the point guard position.

And that's before you mention trading something for him that sure as hell wouldn't be Green - because that would just be silly.

Will Smith called @DaDakota - he said to get Green's name out your ....... mouth

groovemachine likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Well, I wonder if anyone would reconsider?

DD

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Practice what u preach and b patient

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That's fair, I think we have to be patient, but if a chance to improve comes along, I think you have to look at it.

DD

fattz and Believe It! like this.
  6. Sengoat28

Sengoat28 Member

No one with a brain would trade ball for green. Ball is like 180% better then the bust green.

NewAge likes this.
  7. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Trade KPJ, Tate, Garuba and the MIL 1st

For Conley and W Kessler

We get a true lead guard to pair with Green and a legit rim protecting backup for AlP clearing Tate in the process to create optimal minutes this year and beyond for KJ and Tari. Conley can mentor TyTy for the next year or so and be a Great vet for the team overall.

[​IMG]

#527 Believe It!, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  8. Rockets4Life13

Do you people even realize that the main thing you complain about with JG is exactly the same **** that Lamelo does?

Do you realize that while Green is a low FG% shot chucker - Ball has an even lower FG% (40%)?

Do you realize that the Hornets have started winning some games while Ball was out injured?

Yall don't watch other teams and go off of narratives. Ball is basically the same player as Green but even more undisciplined. He's a better passer i guess...

DreamR and Caesar like this.
  9. riko

riko Member

Charlotte would laugh out loud at that offer

10. riko

riko Member

Kessler is already an elite rim protector with insane potential. Let’s be realistic here

Believe It! likes this.
  11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Can’t trade KPJ this year either as his extension added a poison pill for this year.

DD

JusBleezy likes this.
  12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ball cant shoot. Worse defender than Green and cant stay on the floor. Put that on this team and you clowns will want to trade him too.

Garm is the absolute worst. This has to be the worst fanbase in the nba. No wonder I rarely browse in here anymore. Yall don't deserve anything nice. I hope tilman moves the team to Vegas.

Rockets4Life13 and xaos like this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

75% said no btw

JusBleezy and Caesar like this.
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I would bet that would not be the case now.

DD

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So LaMelo "can't shoot"....but he's got a better 3 point percentage AND FT percentage than Jalen...so it would seem that Ball is actually the better shooter.

As to being a worse defender than Green, that's outright false, there's literally no one in the NBA worse defensively than Green.

So really, the only thing Green has over Ball is that Ball has an extensive injury history.....HOWEVER, Ball was healthy for more games than Jalen Green last season, turns out injuries happen in the NBA.

I think the unavoidable trust is that Ball is a CONSIDERABLY better player than Green when he actually plays and the Rockets would have won a lot more games last season if they had Ball instead of Green.

GotGame15 and kingjosh like this.
  16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Nearly 9 assists a game and 36% from three. Not sure I do the trade, because I think Green can be something really special and because Lamelo can’t seem to stay on the floor, but if KPJ comes back and balls as a SG or SF then I would consider it and throw in the Milwaukee pick. He is seriously great passer and looks like he will be a Curry like 3 pt shooter eventually. It is a big gamble for both teams.

17. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Ball is the better player, but for all of the work culture things that frustrate us about Jalen (defense, motor, etc), Ball isn’t much better in that department.

I’d take Ball if he was available because he plays a more important position, but given our toxic culture and locker room issues, don’t expect Ball to be the one to lead us out of this despair that we’re currently in.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Why would Utah ever consider trading Walker Kessler? They're in the early stages of a rebuild and he's one of the few young productive players on their roster. And, on top of that, let's just say he fits the historical preferred player profile of the Utah Jazz front office and is a perfect candidate to be a fan favorite in Utah.

Believe It! likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only thing that would give me pause would be Ball's injury history, but I don't think there's a question when it comes to talent, Ball is a MUCH better player than Green and I don't really see that ever changing....even if one day Green turns things around and becomes a starting caliber player.

Based on that, there's no chance the Hornets would even consider any kind of deal around the two. In fact, they'd probably be insulted by the suggestion and stop taking your calls altogether.

So, while this is a fun hypothetical, the reality is that we are stuck with Green....so all we can do is hope that one day he figures it all out and becomes something close to the player he was hyped as being. With as embarrassingly bad as he's played overall for the first year and a half of his career, no one is trading anything of value for him.

Sengoat28 likes this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Who says no:

To Houston:
    Ball PG
    Williams C

To Charlotte:
    Green SG
    KJM SF
    Milwaukee first
    Best of Okc, Brooklyn swap 2025