1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Astros Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by torque, Apr 4, 2016.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

I don't care what PC people say, who's in office or what group is saying what. I adapt without caving in.

While many are chasing TIKTOK dreams and quitting jobs after two hours, that makes my family look better.

2. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

If I may chime in...
    I'm a 56 year old dining Services General Manager for a College in Albany NY. I see the best and worst of our youth daily. I can say the model of a student has changed since my days at SFA.

almost 30% of my students in my main dining hall identify as Gluten free or gluten sensitive
    About 30% of my students are vegan vegetarian food only, so much so I have a dedicated food station just for that.
    We have a station for allergen sensitive students removing all 7 of the major Allergy triggers, and a special chef just to run it.

These were not even spoke of back in my day. Sadly the poor kid with the asthma inhaler caught most of the ribbing.

Our youth thinks totally different than I ever did. Introverted individuals that spend all of the lunch on the phone. I don't see the chatter face to face.

Also, I have 20 student workers throughout my dining venues, NONE are Americans, why, NONE applied. This is what scares me.

But, then again my mom didn't expect much from me with Rush, Iron Maiden, and Stevie Ray blaring out of my room daily with a tinge of Mexican Sensamelia. But look at me now I have over 500 posts on Clutch Fans #winning. lol.

Bottom line is in my opinion we have had so many things stigmatized from our youth, these kids wouldn't even know what Indian style is.
    Good or bad not my decision. But as someone said. The times they are a changing.

3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

...for the worse...

From insensitive jerks to hypersensitive dweebs with a social tyranny seldom seen. The good ones stand out though, just as a candle stands out in a dark room..

#3783 Marshall Bryant, Feb 2, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  4. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

"social tyranny seldom seen" ... you have an incomprehensibly poor understanding of history. You can legally do almost anything you want. Maybe sometimes you get reactions you don't like because you choose to do things others find offensive. That must be hard for a sensitive softie used to everyone just bowing down to you and people like you, but try explaining that as "social tyranny" to 99% of humanity who lived in the prior 10,000 years and were told where they could sit and where they could ****.

"My kids don't even know what Indian-style means ... this world is going to hell"

What a juvenile, whiny perspective.

Snake Diggit likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think I lost the plot here.

Are you a former Astros?

scott_summers and RunninRaven like this.
  6. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

My bad, two were sniping off topic and I jumped in.
    Back to where Jake Marisnick might be this week.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Maybe you can bring he-who-shall-not-be-named along with? ;)

8. Buck Turgidson

WTF is going on in here?

I swear some of you guys could **** up a wet dream

Rock Block likes this.
  9. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Yeah, my bad. I got suckered in by a entitled baby playing victim. It’s infuriating, but this isn’t the place. I’ll move him ignore and stop engaging.

10. SuraGotMadHops

Trigger warning...

[​IMG]

msn likes this.
  11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The proper term is Guardian-Style.

But I'm not sure why were are talking about Cleveland here.

12. msn

msn Member

I am guilty of several politically incorrect snickers. And a grin. I'm not sure what penance shall be required.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

If Catholic, 5 hail mary's and an our Father. If not, post 5 videos of Astros virgin rookies making spectaular plays and one of Yordaddy.

#3793 Joe Joe, Feb 2, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    houstonstime and Snake Diggit like this.
  14. Bregatron

Bregatron Member

Most interesting social commentary site I've come across...now if I could just find a place to talk about the Astros... :)

15. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

This is a subject that is close to my heart. The Kickapoo tribe is a major part of my heritage. If I caused anyone discomfort by leaning toward that in the canoe take note that nobody was hurt and the river goes on undisturbed. As do I.

16. awc713

awc713 Member

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

My 2048th tribe is Chickasaw (called a Civilized Tribe.) Ancestor was only known as "Chickasaw Squaw" circa 1750.

18. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

When I lived in Oklahoma my phone service came from the Chickasaw phone company. They did a fine job.

Marshall Bryant likes this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard