1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mo Bamba gives us what we need...with upside.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 18, 2022.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Uh... there is no way in hell anyone with eyes can think KPJ gives good effort, especially on defense. He'll have maybe one or two decent defensive possessions during an entire game and the rest he's unfocused and in no man's land or roleplaying as a traffic cone.

Then there's his effort after committing turnovers. He never even tries to get back on defense and he's always lazily trotting back like an *******.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  2. maypk

maypk Member

#102 maypk, Dec 14, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    Ankara1923 and clutchdabear like this.
  3. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Unfocused and lack of effort are not the same. I believe I did mention he has lapses in judgement which unfocused more falls in line with.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

LMFAO.

Oh look.

Another game.

Yet another example of KPJ being legitimately the worst team mate possible.

It's fascinating there's still 3 or 4 people in the world who like this guy.

The fact the coaching staff didn't immediately yank him for that utter bullsh*t speaks volumes.

It's no coincidence when you look at the few who think KPJ is a good player, you recognise their names as being some of the most ridiculous people on Clutchfans. And that's putting it nicely.

clutchdabear likes this.
  5. Gnimoay

Gnimoay Member

Could Mo Bamba still be the ideal answer as a Center for us? Bol Bol has stolen his minutes, but his efficiency has remained as good as before. Still young and could be dream pairing with Alperen and Jabari. 3-point shooting, shot blocking, defense and size. Creativeness and low-post offense would come from Alpy. Orlando doesn't need him that much anymore, because Bol seems to be their favorite nowadays.

6. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Magic has lots of bigs: Wendell, Moritz Wagner, Banchero, Bol Bol, Franz Wagner. Won't be difficult for them to give Mo away.

We should get Mo Bamba instead of Garuba/Fernando/Boban.

JoeBarelyCares, Gnimoay and Plowman like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Alpi rated higher than Mo Bamba in rim protection.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I don’t think Mo Bamba is a good defender based on what I’ve seen of him. Can someone confirm with real evidence?

clos4life likes this.
  9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I understand what you're saying BUT Alpi being in the bottom half of this stat is really not saying a whole lot.

We need a REAL center or PF. Alpi is good, I just think IF the Rockets decide to keep him, they need a legitimate 7ft shoot blocking PF to surround him and Smith with

10. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Bamba might be a marginal upgrade over Fernando but the cost would likely be too high.

What about Moses Brown, or just using the Milwaukee pick on a defensive rim protector?

Ankara1923 likes this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

If he wasn't the answer for the Magic, why would he be the answer here? Pass.

12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

A.Bona of UCLA is waiting there for Bucks pick. 6'10, 7'4" wing span. But he should be back-up PF. We still need a back-up C.

BaselineFade and groovemachine like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Tate for him works.

DD

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

We should get him because that song is cool.

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

They’d probably want Tate plus the Milwaukee pick, maybe JGup… no thanks. Do you think they’d do Bamba for Tate straight up?

Bamba is a name so he’s overrated. I’d rather draft a backup big with the Milwaukee pick and keep Tate.

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What do you see as a legit swap?

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I ain’t crying over our b/u bigs. Actually would like Bari as the #1 b/u and a new, solid b/u 4.

groovemachine likes this.
  18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Not for me!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Bolbol didn't even steal his minutes. Both of them lost minutes to Mo Wagner. The biggest reason is that they're both slow. And I don't just mean feet, I mean upstairs. It takes both Bol and especially Bamba at least an extra half second to react to anything happening on the court. When Bamba catches the ball you can see him pause to think about what he'll do with it first. Just no instinct. Hard pass.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would do that...Tate and Josh and the pick are all redundant pieces we don't need.

DD