1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. houston19519

houston19519 Member

I’m not sure where you going with this man.. I’m just going to chill and wait on the announcement

2. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

bro why the houston texans site tweet they have finish additonal meeting with ryans wtf lol. just tweet when you get the deal done

Joshfast likes this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hahaha you can’t even admit any wrongdoing on the part of Watson because it doesn’t fit your narrative that the racist FO is racist and dumb and can never do anything right. They screwed over Watson, they screwed over Demeco, and they are just the worst!

why are you here? Everyone knows this dumpster fire has been rough, but by all accounts changes are being made. BOB and easterby are gone, caserio has had his wings clipped, and the hottest coaching candidate that no one thought would choose us CHOSE US. Good lord, next you’ll say, we are actually still racist and forcing Demeco to come here so we can look good for PR. Just calm down. BOB and Easterby destroyed this organization, Watson signed a giant contract then decided, nah, change my mind, and couldn’t stop forcing women to touch him so we had to bend over backwards to fix that issue.

Either send a list of all the exact moves that need to happen for you to be happy, or go away, the constant moving of goal posts so that you can still **** on the Texans is so tiring, maybe Florio has an intern job you can take up.

Edit: and while we are blaming decisions for hurting our current status.. I know he was so wronged by us for giving him millions to fail, but Lovie’s decision to go for 2 and the win is hurting this team. But I know, that doesn’t fit your narrative of bad guys either. (And yes, I blame caserio for that win as well)

#4663 houstonstime, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

If the owners wanna be cheap that's a personal decision that we have no control over.

But they're right the money coaching staff get doesn't directly affect our salary cap space, which is what your initial concern was. Now you're just side-stepping, with overall sales and such. No one cares about that sh**... just make our f'n team better.

UTSA2step and Blatz like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. conquistador#11

Man, I just want to hear the Puffy Coming Home song!!!

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. Xopher

Xopher Member

They announced the interview was complete at noon? Damn couldn't even take the man to lunch? Geez Tilman would have at least sprung for Vic and Anthony's or Landry's. Okay maybe Bubba Gump's

9. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

Rainforest Cafe.

Xopher and Dredd like this.
  10. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

11. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Most likely there was some tampering involved. They have to make it seem like they completed a second interview today, before offering the job.

12. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

I remember when Josh McDaniels was the Colts coach...and then he wasn't...I won't believe it until Demeco is up their in front of a mic taking questions...

UTSA2step and houstonstime like this.
  13. Xopher

Xopher Member

Oh hell no. Cal would be distracted by the toy animals

14. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Can they go ahead announce it?? Seems San Francisco trying to find a new DC

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Totally false. If the Texans are making an operating profit (revenue exceeds expenses) each year, then there's more money to spend. This is no different than any other business. Spending up to the salary cap level is a decision. It might happen or it might not. If there's more money to spend because we allocate less to the coaches, then that increases the likelihood that we spend up to the cap. Cash is cash. If we have to overpay to get DeMeco, you can rest assured that money is going to be cut from somewhere else to compensate for it. Many levers to pull. This is all very simple -- I'm surprised you aren't grasping it.

UTSA2step likes this.
  16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

EDIT; got beat to it

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Omar Khan says hi.

18. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You overpay to get Demeco because you believe he is the right coach to get this team back to winning, and hopefully winning big. He does that, and whatever extra you pay him because you decided to not try and nickel and dime your top candidate gets more than made up for in revenue later on.

This isn't really about you wishing the team negotiated better. This is about you not wanting Demeco because you think an offensive minded head coach would be better.

Trying to play hardball with your top coaching candidate to potentially pay him a million dollars less a year -- and then losing him to another team -- is exactly the sort of thing a Texans team would have done in the past. Hopefully them going hard after their top guy is evidence that this team is really turning things around.

BMoney likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member