1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ: Can someone explain to me why he has become Clutchfans favorite whipping boy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DasouthDakota, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The 2nd year guy who has the highest usage on the team and takes the most shots on the team....despite being a net negative offensive player and the worst defender in the NBA....yeah you worry about that guy, especially when people hilariously want to cast him as the face of the franchise.

You worry about top 3 picks who are some of the worst in their draft class by many metrics.

You worry about why that scrub EG is still on the roster, still forced into the starting lineup.

Yes, these are valid concerns over worrying about the young PG who is performing like the 2nd best player on the team. Concerns should be about the worst, not the best.

2. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Very good, you learn Turkish slowly.
    I would like to inform you about a linguistic fact; Stan

Stan (before US slang usage) is actually a Persian word and means land, country. Example: Pakistan, the land of Paks,(pure, cleans), Turkmenistan, the land of Turcomans, Lehistan, the land of Lechs)Poles). These stan finished countries gives us also a clue: All governed by Turkish people. There is no stan in the world was not governed/owned by Turks. Examples:
    Hindistan-India
    Macaristan-Hungary
    Yunanistan-Greece
    Sirbistan-Serbia
    Hirvatistan: Croatia.

Alpi will owns KPJ stans, inevitably. Historical fact.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're assuming a conflict that doesn't actually exist. If you are a fan of the Rockets best players, you'd be a fan of both KPJ and Sengun.

Of course, we know that the Sengun only and Sengun first fans aren't actually Rockets fans....which is why they see a conflict where one doesn't exist.

HD729 likes this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Turkey is in major decline as a country.

DD

5. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

We will see whether he acknowledged what will be better for himself&Rockets this injury time or not.

If he comes back with a better attitude, as a less selfish team player, fans will champion him. If he continues his old style, he will be out-cast. a pariah.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, ah yes, to pacify the Sengun only fans, every player must bow down before the great Sengun.

I'm fully for running things through Sengun quite a bit, but you guys have to know that your opinions are so heavily biased they can't be taken seriously one way or the other. The Rockets could lose every single game by 50 and you guys would cheer so long as everything ran through Sengun and he had a good stat line....so let's not even pretend that you care about what is best for the Rockets even if you happen to be incidentally correct.

7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'll be traded by next years deadline or cut at the end of next season.

8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Next? Midnight Express.

9. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I am not a kind of guy championing a single player. I alwways want 5 great players+ 4 very good back-ups. Team first mentality. Hate "the guy, franchise player, cornerstone, generational talent,.." descriptions.

How you got "bow down before the great Sengun" idea, I don't know.

I want KPJ to dribble less and passes to another player. I never mentioned it should be Sengun.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well also true.....Turkey after losing the Ottoman empire has been declining for over a century.

They have had a few good basketball players though....

Hedo
    Enes
    Alpi

DD

11. Destroysovesky

Destroysovesky New Member

Whatever, I just wish people were honest and say they don't like him......instead of making stuff up.

Experienced basketball observers other than those on this site also seem to think KPJ is not the right point guard for the Rockets. For instance, today John Hollinger noted:

Hollinger: I think if they could bring a veteran point guard who was good enough to help them next year, they would have to look hard at that. This team is fairly screaming for an on-court organizer, and I’m sorry but Kevin Porter ain’t it.

And:

Again, point guard is just such a glaring need. They’re going to keep being the 30th-ranked offense if it’s just Porter and Green taking turns pounding the ball on every play.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't necessarily disagree with that, in a perfect world, you'd bring in a capable PG, move KPJ to the 2 and move Green to the bench.....but it's not a perfect world.

Now of course, if you brought in that PG, Sengun fans would cry that their guy isn't getting the ball enough, so there's really no way to make everyone happy.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Look, I don't care what Hollinger thinks he made up a stupid PER statistic that was more flawed than anything ever.

Now, that being said, I am not sure he is the PG either, but we don't know until we get a proper coach that will hold him accountable, I do know that he sets up a TON of people for good shots and they just miss....wanna know why his assists are down this year?

He is not passing to Christian Wood an elite finisher, instead he has the brick brothers in Jabari and Jalen.....who can't shoot to save their lives.

So, while others sit here, IGNORANTLY blaming him, they fail to see that coaching and shot making are the too biggest hurdles.

And, I am not giving up on arguably the guy that has the most NBA skill on the team - outside of maybe Sengun......

Stop blaming KPJ when others can't shoot and our coach is doing nothing to help the team, and we don't have a PG we can play over him.

If it were me, I would trade Jalen Green move KPJ to SG, and get a good 3pt shooting PG.

DD

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's not that folks on this site don't notice how bad of a fit kpj is at pg, there's literally pages of folks voicing their displeasure. It's just the vocal kpj stans including the one u are replying are very adamant in defending kpjs name.

No one can deny that kpj isn't talented it just that he sucks at pg, something these folks been vehemently denying for quite some time. It now so obvious how bad kpj is at his job that these folks want to trade green to revert kpj back to his natural position and are blaming others for his weaknesses.

It's just a vocal minority that likes kpj at pg and think he is doing alright.

15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Ottomans was another chapter of 16 Turkish Empires. When I was in Land Forces we were carrying the badges of Modu Chanyu, 209 BC. Thus we are children of Modu Chanyu as Ottomans were.

Ottomans survived 623 years (1299-1922), not bad.

Enes Freedom is a Swiss born, American player. How he got Turkish citizenship once is an awesome subject. He was disciple of David Koresh of Waco type religious lunatic.when dating Rockefeller. Strange lives.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The problem with KPJ isn't that he can't be a PG, it is no one has taught him how to be a PG. They gave him the reins and said "Here you go kid, figure it out." If he screws up they don't pull him and coach him during the game. Has there ever been any other player a team has done this to? I can't remember any other situation where a team has taken a player who has never played PG and moved them to starting PG. I'm not making a decision on KPJ until the Rockets get some decent damn coaching.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

James Harden.

The problem isn't that he CAN'T play it, it is that he hasn't been TAUGHT or given a system to learn it.

He may never get GREAT at it but most current PGs are score first guys anyway and KPJ's numbers compare very favorably to those.

So, I don't say never, but if we get a better option sure.

DD

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

No. He would cause trouble.

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Literally everyone in the league sees it. The only 7 or 8 people in the entire world who don't are Silas and the very few die-hard KPJ stans on this board.

Oh, and KPJ himself.

And his uncle.

maypk, clutchdabear and Ankara1923 like this.
  20. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

It's not just that KPJ is bad at PG. Everyone in the NBA knows KPJ sucks at being a lead guard - that's why you have players from other teams commenting on how bad the Rockets' playstyle is and how we should be playing through Sengun, after almost every single game.

What is also known throughout the NBA is that KPJ is an absolute **** teammate - other players see KPJ giving up on plays, pouting like a little b**** when he doesn't get the ball, ignoring teammates, displaying zero effort and giving off terrible body language throughout the game. Nobody in the league wants to play with KPJ. They also know the **** that he pulls off the court that the Rockets organization has let him get away with and mostly kept under wraps.

Smart teams stay away from players like KPJ. Sucks that our GM was suckered into this headcase... I don't give a **** if KPJ improves his efficiency, his attitude will always be **** and he'll never be a winning player. The sooner he is off of this team, the quicker this rebuild will be.