1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It can ALWAYS get worse. I learned that the hard way from the Oilers.

FLASH21 likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

The hiring of Ryans would come with some questions, but without question would be a home run for the Texans.

He has never been an NFL head coach so there are questions, but he has been in high demand and for a team with the track record of the Texans to get him would possibly bode well for the future.

The Texans will still need to draft well and have some luck, but perhaps Cal will stay out of the way and the Texans can start being competitive again.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

that was the second time they pursued caserio.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. HillBoy

All I can say the Thank God for the Indiannapolis Dolts!

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

why?

6. Fantasma Negro

I'm hoping he hires a veteran signal caller for offensive coordinator that's not looking to become a head coach in the futute so he could provide some stability. Fingers crossed for Matt Nagy, Darrell Bevell or a guy like Mike Shula who was the OC at Bama while DeMeco was there. Kubes coming back would be a dream

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously, a young stud OC comes in and the rookie looks good next year and you're starting over right away. as said before, this is what complicates the job for a DC Head Coach.

UTSA2step and Fantasma Negro like this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Big difference in wouldn’t get picked off on the throws and being able to make them when coverage is actually tight.
    There are several in that video that would’ve been picked off if the corner was more talented as well.
    His arm is solid, Jared Goff level arm

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's being a bit TOO optimistic to think our offense would experience such a drastic turnaround next year that our OC would get poached right away. But even if so, he wouldn't be the only person on the team to know the offense that is run. Presumably other offense-side coaches would be involved enough to learn. I don't think the fear of your OC getting hired away should preclude us from considering any young OC candidates.

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm still kind of stuck on my Steichen/Bryce combo, but slowly warming up to DeMeco/good OC combo. Wondering why Steichen isn't a hotter candidate and assuming it's because of something we don't know.

Would be great if we could get Bryce and bring in an OC who loves working with young QBs. Then use the rest of the draft to build that O-line like the cowboys did in the early 90's.

With a good QB and O-line, everything else just sort of falls into place.

houstonstime likes this.
  11. HillBoy

Because at this point in time they are an even bigger trainwreck than the Texans right now. That idiot Irsay is doing everything he can to bring back Saturday as the HC which would be the equivalent here of Cal & Nick trying to bring back David Culley. This should give the talking heads in the national media a new dead horse to kick around.

UTSA2step and cmoak1982 like this.
  12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Also, I totally get the argument to bring in a stopgap at QB and build up the defense, etc. But I think the franchise is at such a low point with fan apathy - more than at any other time in it's dreadful history - that now is the perfect time to draft a potential franchise QB that, along with the very popular DeMeco hire, would give the fan base something we haven't had in a long time.....

[​IMG]

RunninRaven and mikol13 like this.
  13. oelman44

oelman44 Member

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

22665D0D-F082-4550-BE61-8F20C4C986E2.gif

15. houston19519

houston19519 Member

It’s only a matter of time :cool:

CRJ713 likes this.
  16. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Well hopefully with DeMeco's help they'll all be MTGA members!!!

#4576 rfrocket, Jan 30, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  17. showa13

showa13 Member

Well, looks like the details are the only thing left to work on. It’s not official, but DeMeco isn’t leaving Houston without the job

18. liveguy

liveguy Member

JJ Watt Defensive Line coach, confirmed haha

2 year fast track to DC (in name only)

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I understand anyone who is critical of the Texans when it comes to their decision making, especially after Bob passed away. And I also understand anyone who wants to remain skeptical of this franchise, even after this hire.

However, I think the magnitude of someone like DeMeco choosing Houston over every other job on the market can't be understated. It gives this team instant credibility among up and coming coaches that want a voice and perhaps a chance, instant credibility among players who might want to come be part of something exciting, instant credibility among a fanbase that has been ostracized, and instant credibility among media members who might view this team in a different light moving forward.

DeMeco might not be able to bring us a Lombardi over the next 5-6 years, but him being here ends the suffering we have endured since the dying embers of the BOB era into whatever the **** you want to call the last 3 years. This team once again has leadership, vision, and direction. It's an exciting time to be a fan of the TEAM (not necessarily the McNairs), and I think it's important to focus on that right now. We have been hopeless for so long. It's nice to have hope that Sundays are going to start mattering again.

20. conquistador#11

completely normal to post a pic with your teammate who you haven't played with since your rookie year on a random rainy Monday in 2023!
    Oh yeah, it's happening.