1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They actually haven't succeeded much there. Used to be a 3 year waiting list. Now they're calling everyday trying to get people to buy new or re-up.

They'll still be fine for the year as there are only 8 home games, but its never been easier to be a season ticket holder in the franchise history.

FLASH21 likes this.
  2. liveguy

liveguy Member

Yup…this will change the whole narrative quickly.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

I have conceded that the mcnairs are idiots and incapable of doing anything competently.

I’m pushing back on that they are so racist that they keep hiring black coaches just to fire them because that makes them feel superior. This is just low IQ logic.

I for one am ecstatic we hired Ryan’s and not because he is black but cause he is an amazing football mind and natural leader…… I’m also 100% sure Ryan’s believes he’s being hired because his talent and not his skin color.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’d buy season tickets right now if they told me same price 3-5 years. The fact that they can change it the year they get good is ridiculous. But can confirm the waitlist does not exist right now like it did for so many years.

edit: should say “might buy them” they are such a dumpster fire until they prove anything otherwise.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Agreed.

I know people still perceive the McNairs as racist due to the comments McNair made about the inmates running the prison, even after his passing. This was also while considering that Rick Smith was hired as his GM and apparently was a god-father of the family's.

I don't think they're necessarily racist personally but they've definitely made some questionable moves while attracting the wrong attention after all that "running the prison" fiasco was put behind them. They simply can't get out of their own way. Brian Flores was on the verge of creating his shunning into something that would have dragged on for years and the Texans would have been put on the forefront if they had actually gone with the hiring of McCown. Instead they went the safe route in Lovie... while still forfeiting the number one pick, on the last few plays, of a meaningless regular season game.

Just... can't..... get....... out........ of........their...........own...........way

megastahr and liveguy like this.
  6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I really don't think this matters much. He'll have the opportunity to hire a competent offensive staff, likely picking bright, upcoming guys from the Shanahan tree.

For me, the most important attribute is they need a guy who sets the standard, provides the expectations players much reach that standard, creates the path for reaching that standard, & then holds players responsible when they do not.

liveguy and cbass like this.
  7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

In Caserio we trust

#BDN got it done!!!

I love you Cal!!!

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

All teams... in all leagues... now do dynamic pricing.

I don't see why anybody would want season tickets at this point. Its pretty freaking easy to go to any game (and in most cases, pay less than face value for great seats). In other leagues (baseball), only advantage of getting season tickets or mini plans is simply so you can have a better chance of securing playoff tickets.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Much of the disfunction came from "Littlefinger" (Jack Easterby). Cal McNair removed him from the Red Keep.

UTSA2step likes this.
  11. houston19519

houston19519 Member

Around the 3:08 they can’t understand why Demeco would choose Houston over Denver.. loving ever second of this :D:eek:o_O

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

But kept his handpicked GM...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's wild that this narrative exists still. I don't get it. I don't get how Cal gets seen as having no input on any of this stuff. He pursued Caserio twice before Easterby was here. Obviously Easterby was Pro Caserio, but the Texans wanted Caserio before Easterby was ever in the fold.

Rudyc281, primtim24, HillBoy and 3 others like this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

And I agree with that statement. After the past 4 years, I don't believe one word that comes out of Nick and Cal's mouth. They can run all the cute little PR campaigns they want - it's all bulls**t. All they are looking for another scapegoat to pin the blame on when things go bad (and they will) so they can cover their incompetent asses. So NOW we are supposed to take their word that Demeco will have the full authority he will need to be successful? Well, as far as I'm concerned, their word don't mean s**t.

15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Jay Williams and Keyshawn acting like the Texans are forcing Demeco to be our HC. Demeco (reportedly) is CHOOSING to pick the Texans over the Broncos or any other team out there that currently doesn’t have a HC.

I heard that show coming into work and thought, “these guys are idiots!!!” Yes I was literally yelling at them in my head. Not sure why I listen to them. Maybe because I’m waiting for John and Lance to get on air.

Rudyc281 and houston19519 like this.
  16. conquistador#11

Issa happening?

Rudyc281 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

He wouldn't get picked off on most of those throws.

He looks excellent at being able to buy his receivers the most time before throwing the ball.

He doesn't have the type of arm that Mahomes or Herbert has, but it is as good as half of the top 10 passers in the league.

Snow Villiers and red5rocket like this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I thought BOB pursued Caserio and tampered (Easterby was here at that point)... and then they go after him despite the search firm recs.

Cal is clueless. And I doubt BOB shared any sort of weight on Cal's opinion on things (if there ever was one).

19. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

If they finalize a deal with DeMeco to be the head coach that would be HUGE. But let's be very clear- this team is not close to being a winner. They need a QB, a stud WR, and a new OC. And that's just the start. There are a lot of holes to fill but at the very least hiring DeMeco draws me back in. Great first step.

20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

But they are MAGA members...