1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant says he really likes Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 28, 2023.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I was talking about Simmons not Harden. Simmons is trash that has been riding potential for his whole career.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

topfive and DreamShook like this.
  3. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sam's an odd duck. That's about it.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. topfive

topfive CF OG

You don't sit a #2 pick, especially on a team that can't possibly even win 20 games. Mid-1st-rounders aren't in the same boat; they have to earn their time. It wasn't about Jalen's race. Eason, Christopher, and Garuba didn't get that luxury.

5. albuster

albuster Member

If some of the posts here alleging that Stone micromanages the team up to who Silas had to play is true, then Stone is most probably also in on the current treatment of Sengun. From a pure basketball viewpoint, I can only imagine how awesome it would be for Sengun to play for the Nets and have him and KD play off of each other. One other fantasy scenario would be Sengun being traded to the Warriors with him playing with Steph, Klay, even Green. That would be some basketball to watch, and I don't care about Ws and Ls, I just want to see the beauty of the game with them playing.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

@Elonmusk ^^^

KingCheetah likes this.
  7. albuster

albuster Member

Hmmm. Your post says a lot about Silas, some of his assistants, and Stone then.

King1 likes this.
  8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I posted at the beginning of the season to describe the situation as KPJ+Silas V Sengun+Stone. It seems that the second team is winning as expected.

Rochester, NJ is Giresun (Sengun hometown, county28) capital of the US and seeing Alpi under Nets jersey is more possible than seeing him wearing GSW uniform. Hope he stays in Houston eternally but if he moves East Coast more convenient than West.

hakeem94 and albuster like this.
  9. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

How hard is it to grasp that Silas can have a problem with/be biased against Sengun without being a racist based on the tons of evidence?

You rather stick to the story of foul trouble which can easily be seen to have no merit? Check Sengun’s game log and see that he did not play more minutes when he is not in foul trouble.

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/Alperen-Sengun/GameLogs/137853/NBA/2022

10. albuster

albuster Member

If KPJ is smart enough and really wants to have great stats, he needs to give the ball to Sengun promptly and keep moving to free himself to get in good scoring position ala Steph Curry. It's almost always certain that Sengun will find him. KJ is starting to do some smart movement and it's starting to pay off. Jabari should also move and stay away from parking too far from the basket and use his superior height.

rockets1995 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im glad Im not the only one who notices this.

King1, Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Then what about KPJ or Bruno Fernando? Why they got playing time and starter spots as a given? You cant defend the fact, that coaching staff went extra mile to sit Sengun ass down. It will forever be Silas legacy, along with coaching top2 worst team of alltime while the other one being his dads

clutchdabear, Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Rockets4Life13

I honestly think everyone shouldve been able to see what Sengun is capable of.

He has that insane feel for the game that very few players have. I'm so glad we traded for him at draft night, i still remember how anxious I was about where he was going to go. I was sure the Spurs were going to pick him (picked Primo, LOL).

He is the sole reason I can even watch the games right now. Otherwise I'd be too depressed

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

It was obvious in summer league 2021.

albuster, cmoak1982 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I think Sengun will develop an outside shotur it out.. Hs touch is so good. He will eventually fig

17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Game recognize game!

Joe Rocket and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Has Clutch become a SOF now? Whose dumb list is he on?

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

I think there is something to it, even though I’m sure it’s subconscious. Decisions based on Irrational affinity are common in humans.

bmelo likes this.
  20. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Alpi and JG will attract the stars!