1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Can NFL really not make an exception? Why would this be something with extremely strict non-flexible rules? Just seems like a pretty big missed opportunity - rolling into 2023 with a new franchise QB, new head coach, exciting young roster... and new uniforms coming next year?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

As far as what a possible new stadium would involve... would have to be something where the Texans own/control all the land surrounding the facility, in order to gain extra revenue on any entertainment/food/venue options that can be built nearby.

Football stadiums don't really need to be in the city. In fact, some of the most valuable/profitable stadium deals for teams are in areas quite distant from the city center hub. These include SB venues (Tampa, Arizona, Miami)... and they all have decent proximity to an airport, and the team does control a lot of the surrounding land.

NRG is going to need some upgrades regardless prior to the World Cup.. and beyond. Its the most dated of all the Houston venues. Has a roof that is not always functional. No attached hotels or businesses. Has little other revenue generating capabilities beyond the venue. It is perfect for the rodeo, however...

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think uniforms are locked in for 5 years so they probably want to be absolutely sure with what they do.

That H logo looks fantastic on those hats posted last page. Clean and classic and timeless. The 'H' makes me feel more city pride than just a logo trying to represent all of Texas. We got multiple college teams representing the state and the Cowboys representing steers and queers. I wish this team just focused on reppin the H. You can always do a secondary logo with that H over a simple bull silhouette logo for merch.

It definitely doesn't hit very hard knowing it's still another year or 2 away. When the Clippers were sold to Steve Balmer, they fast tracked new uniforms and logos for them that very offseason in time for the new season iirc. I know that's a bit more of a special occasion to wipe away all existence of Sterling, but i feel the NFL would only benefit in getting a team a fresh, high selling start in the 4th largest city after 2 decades of mostly suckage.

5. conquistador#11

These media dudes acting like they saw what was inside the Pulp Fiction briefcase. Just describe it to us. What are they going to do to you? lawsuit?

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Since everyone knows it's coming and it feels like a long wait, i hope they do something different for this season. Wear the red helmet most of the year or something?

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I would like the battle red unis twice. Once with white pants and the other red pants.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It’s always only been fine. If Cal wants to build himself a new stadium, he’s welcome to do that.

But anyone else paying for a new stadium, absolutely not. NRG is sufficient. Being a good organization would make the stadium a lot better. And do some redecorating

9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Lose access to all things Texans? No big deal now, but WHEN they are competitive again...could be a problem.

conquistador#11 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Agree, but apparently it's usually a 2+ year process, that's been truncated a year for the Texans.

11. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

I know it's highly unlikely but I hope they seriously consider a name change I will be good with Apollos like they should have done in the first place!

Deep Steel Truth likes this.
  12. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Cities should not be funding stadiums for billionaires.

Rudyc281 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The big cities aren’t anymore… but the trade-off is that they’re being built well outside the city center.

Add San Francisco to the previous list of new NFL stadiums that weren’t built near the city.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lol…it looks like they were asked to hype up what they saw without actually describing anything.

kdchilds, conquistador#11 and J.R. like this.
  15. kdchilds

kdchilds Member

Those sports radio 610 guys are disgusting I probably haven't listened to that station in close to 15 years I keep it on 790.

liveguy likes this.
  16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

They salivate over the Texans sucking ass more than the Astros and the Rockets winning (when they were good). Shameless.

macho GRANDE and kdchilds like this.
  17. liveguy

liveguy Member

Yup….

I listen to John and Lance Z and then 790 for the rest of the day from 10am on…

kdchilds likes this.
  18. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Please no

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Zen Tabak, Caesar and Rudyc281 like this.