1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutch on Silas’ post-game presser: “Something definitely changed”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 26, 2023.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Gotta disguise the tank. Dude is doing an excellent job. Let gets another stash of picks and start winning next year.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

nothing changed. Silas' dumbass still lost the game to start the 4th with his dumbass rotations. lol.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It was funny during the 4th quarter of the Wizards broadcast when the Rockets were imploding Drew Gooden starts laughing and says something to the effect of

“You know what’s happening right?”

Laughs some more

“Well if I’m TRYING to win this game I don’t have my best players sitting on the bench right now…”

Then the broadcast partner tries to redirect away from the obvious tanking call out.

Gooden kept going on about Sengun, Green and crew sitting on the bench while the Rockets kept imploding.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Exactly. People here think Silas is doing it organically gluten and gmo free. These are the front office orders and I agree with them

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Just hire Quin Snyder already and get rid of this fool.

Joe Rocket and kjayp like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Big softie already established.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

bring on the dog and pony show... smh...

gee what coulda happened?

hmmm doesnt have anything to do with tanking now does it? lol

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure it's bizarre because he would flatout quit if he deems this unacceptable.

He got to have some sort of agreement to stay longer.

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Green hasn't had only five good games all year. Catching strays for no reason.

11. albuster

albuster Member

In addition, could it be that Tillman's lawyer/GM views the basketball court as a court of law instead? A lot of reported things in and around the team seem kinda weird, especially the involvement of Stone in minute team decisions that include half-time bs and who to play, if true. Does the owner even notice how much revenue he is losing every game with a half-empty arena during home games? Is the team just a huge tax shelter for his other businesses? Sorry for asking these questions but things just don't add up.

NewAge likes this.
  12. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Team sucks and the coach sucks

What’s the big deal lol

Does anyone in management actually want this bottom feeder team to overachieve and lose draft position? Fire his ass at the end of the year when we don’t have anymore picks and bring in a better coach bc we’re actually trying to win after that. Obviously

Corpusfan likes this.
  13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

perhaps a poor post

Deckard likes this.
  14. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Gif shows Silas during the 4th quarter implosion!! He's following Stones mandate to the tee!!

(P.S.) I do think he's starting to realize that his time as head coach is coming to an end and soon
    is going to be Lovie'd into the fire!!

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

If you remember, when he first opened training camp with the Rockets, he did the tough guy act as well.

The problem is that isn't who he is.

He isn't a young coach, he is in his 40-50's.

He sometimes forgets that he is the head coach and makes poor personal decisions.

For example, he never should have deferred discipline and punishment to John Lucas.

He did not lay out reasonable expectations and rules for his assistants, and he didn't have their back.

His demeanor during COVID was terrible, he cannot pout or feel bad for himself like he did.

When he does "crack the whip" it makes no logical sense..... for example when Harden came back and almost dropped a 50 point triple double in his first game, and all Silas said is that the Rockets needed a more egalitarian offense.

He has allowed KPJ to **** all over him and his basketball team and the total punishment has been a one game suspension.

He has a GM that supposedly is meeting with his assistants separately, is openly telling him who to play and how to play, and the players see that. At no point, as far as I can tell, has he asked Stone to back off.

He didn't want Abdelfattah on his staff because he knew the players respected him more.

He clearly plays favorites and is very uneven in how he treats players and it makes him come across as not intelligent about the game.

Now, after 3 years of being terrible, he is saying that a team that is 4-21 on the road is playing "unacceptable".

The players I am sure think he is a good person but there is ZERO respect. He is nothing more than a pawn for Stone at this point.

Richie_Rich, bmelo, BigMaloe and 14 others like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He really reminds me of these teachers who lost the classroom early because children quickly realize who is incompetent/a pushover.

I am not proud of saying that I made a couple of teachers cry when I was a kid because I was mocking them and stuff. I was a dick.

But when these teachers then suddenly try to act tough, after they have already lost all respect, it never works anymore.

bmelo, berkowsk, Wulaw Horn and 3 others like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Ok maybe I was too generous ;)

I'm just saying , it's gotta be frustrating working with young , inconsistent players.

Maybe you think green and Smith been catching strays , but no matter how badly they play ..Silas HAS to play them 30 mpg . That's a mandate , I'm sure

We can disagree on green . But is he above average? An above average starter ? I don't think so . He's got weak and inexperienced players across the board.

It's not exactly a problem , but it definitely can magnify issues ... especially when there's not a meritocracy

Silas may such. But Silas also has the right to be pissed. Especially depending on which decisions are under his control

majicdonjuan, jim1961 and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Someone brought up David Adelman. Would he be a good head coach for the Rockets?

19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

how about a pin for Mr. Invisible aka Jabari?

Next time he comes close to taking over a game on either end of the court will be the first time.

I've never been so underwhelmed by such a high draft pick. Only hope is the kid is young. Hope he puts in the work.

Corrosion and albuster like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Sure, three years ago when Stone started bogarting his team, undermining him, telling him who to play, when to play, how to play, what to say, took over his practice sessions and spoke to assistants and players in private..... Silas had every right to be pissed. However he didn't get pissed, he went along with it and lost any respect and dignity he had with his team.

So three years later, it is a little late.... and even now Silas isn't "mad"... his emotions are smiling, dismissive and moping around and feeling bad for himself. That isn't a leader or a head coach. That is a nice guy.

Coaches and leaders set boundaries, are fair and have expectations and Silas has failed on all three accounts.

He had a guaranteed contract, he didn't need to worry about being fired, but he was and it was obvious. Had he been fired, he would still have respect around the league for standing up for himself - and trust me, those around the league know about the amateur BS going on in the front office, but now he is part of it all.

No amount of grizzled assistants with integrity added to the staff will make up for what the Head Coach lacks.