1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Won’t be a problem because there is a 9/10 chance we don’t get him. If more John Wall’s come out of the woodwork I wouldn’t be surprised if the NBA takes away our pick for tanking.

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Hopefully, today.....

[​IMG]

3. WestendMassive

Has Nice Guy EVER said anything negative about anyone else's defense other than Alpi? Serious question... I did a quick Google and all I could find was praise for Jalen, which is mind boggling to say the least

AroundTheWorld and ashleyem like this.
  4. WestendMassive

The one positive thing about Silas having these brainless hot takes is that the national guys are starting to notice that he is an absolute trash fire of a coach with no consistency around how he treats his players.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Just heard that the Rockets are talking three year extension with Silas…..unreal!!!

ashleyem likes this.
  6. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Stephen Silas as Rockets head coach...

48-154 (23.8% winning percentage)

For 202 games coached, this is the worst record of all time. :rolleyes:

ashleyem likes this.
  7. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

When he's done it will be an untouchable record like Wilt's 100.

Imanimal and ashleyem like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t see it getting better either. He makes some of the worst in-game decisions (or non-decisions) that I’ve seen. Great assistant, seems to be in too deep as a head coach

mikol13, thedude077 and ashleyem like this.
  9. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I don't see him getting another head coaching job elsewhere. He is better as an assistant and player development.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. roxon

roxon Member

Easily our smartest and most effective player is sengun,

jalen green needs to look for smarter shots before he turns into lakers westbrook. Too many inconsistent games where he goes for 5-17. He has the ability to be a great player but needs to focus on shot selection. Hopefully with the recent rise of sengun he takes a slight step back and develops that.

Jabari is shooting 39% this season, not really sure what’s going on with him, but it might just be rookieitis. Rebounds and defense should be his main priority as I think his shot will come around.

Tari has looked great on defense and hustling. I think he’ll be a great player in this league as his game develops.

I wish we could see KPJ in the 6th man role so he can utilize his scoring much like Tyrese maxey does

I’d like to see a starting lineup of

Washington
    Green
    Tari
    Smith
    Sengun

why the hell is Eric Gordon still starting??

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Silas is really, really weird.

We have been losing for 3 seasons. He always smiled and giggled, in a really almost creepy weirdo way. Seemed like a nice guy.

Only now that one of the players he has been criticizing most is finally getting minutes and produces at a historic level, he suddenly seems really annoyed with the world and tries to play the tough guy.

Doesn't even mention the triple double (at least not in this clip).

He reminds me of some teachers I had who were total pushovers in the beginning, then the class didn't take them seriously at all, mocked them, etc., and then they suddenly tried to be all authoritarian, which just led to even less respect for them.

12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Heard pre-game that Silas is in talks with the team for a two year extension. This is the time from a monetary perspective to lock him up long term as the organization is happy with him as coach. Surprised about this, but not really as Stone has his back and Patrick loves the guy. You knew something was up when there was radio silence by the organization as the guy continued to lose game after game after game after game.

13. RocketsDraftTV

reminds me of when people thought harden was holding jeremy lin back lol

cant wait for us to hire a caucasian coach and for us to still suck

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well this is certainly a new one I haven't heard before

AlperenSengun likes this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The players just don’t respect him. The effort was there earlier in the season, but now our guys just give up and revert to street ball when things get hard. Silas is too late. You can’t all of the sudden undo 2.5 seasons of letting the youngsters walk all over you. He made this bed.

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Heard from where? If this is legit, excuse me while I repeatedly stab chopsticks into my eyes.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude I will freaking stop watching. Straight up, I hope this is in jest. I don’t have the stamina for another season of the Silas sh#t show. He had as much to do with losing tonight’s game as the players did.

ashleyem, arno_ed and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This weird clip of "angry Silas" in combination with the clip where he makes a super annoyed face when asked if Alpi will continue to have the ball when KPJ comes back makes you wonder whether he is more upset that we lost (never seemed to bother him before) or that Alpi continues to prove him wrong about whatever the hell he has been trying for the last 2 years.

Crashlanded19 and WestendMassive like this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You can rest easy Aruba….

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

There is an obvious double standard. I think basically everyone can see it now, but my best guess is that Silas does it that way because he thinks each player responds to the criticism differently. Maybe Sengun feeds off it? No idea, but it has been obvious for a while now. He certainly doesn't appear to hold everyone to the same standard.