1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Next Texans Head Coach (and GM)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

I know that Bill Belichick is the greatest coach to ever live but has anyone had him tested for dementia?
    [​IMG]

2. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Maybe they want him to be the quarterback coach for whomever the Texans take at the top of the draft. He has a good contract with the Texans and from what I hear, he is REALLY all in on coaching his son... so it could be a quality of life issue. I know when he was with the Bears in a post game interview (after Cutler sucked) Pep made a comment about wanting to stop constantly moving.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Being that Demeco can’t be announced as a HC until the Niners are knocked out of the playoffs, and Denver plans to announce soon, that would mean he’s not their guy.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#4025 zeeshan2, Jan 25, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  6. Major

Major Member

6 year plan is to keep Pep so that when his son gets through college, they can draft him and dad coaches son as a feel good story.

7. Major

Major Member

Payton to AZ would make a lot of sense. They need an offensive genius to figure out what to do with Kyler Murray - he was only drafted #1 because of Kingsbury.

ROCKSS and Nook like this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You hire coach that will lead your team, regardless of background. The best HC in the last 20+ years was a defensive coach. You wanna know why defenses coach usually last longer? Because good defense travels. Offensive minds get figured out over the long haul because gimmick offense are adjusted to. A good coach can always change offensive minds to stay ahead of the times. Most defensive coach are better at figuring out offenses than the other way around.

Demeco will be fine.

9. liveguy

liveguy Member

So you're using having a good GM against him instead of viewing this from the lens that he maximizes the talent he has?

Everyone knows it could potentially not work out, but he could also end up being the best HC in Texans history.

Based on past performance at every level, he has excelled.

Sometimes patterns should be trusted.

Scared money makes no money.

red5rocket likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

11. Fantasma Negro

Ain't nobody trying to hear that ****

liveguy likes this.
  12. raining threes

I thought I saw this pic on America's Most Wanted last night.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Yes, the fact that he inherited a stacked and performing defense from a prior coach is a factor to consider. We have seen coordinators in the past inherit stacked defenses and offenses and not do well as head coaches. It isn't as if he built the defense or made it work with limited talent. Does that mean he isn't really good? Of course not, but it is a factor that sure better be considered.

Also, I don't know if he has or hasn't maximized the talent he has, because he inherited a lot of talent to begin with.

Being the best head coach in Texans history isn't a high bar.

Having said that, yes it is possible he can become a HOF head coach.

He has only coached for the Niners. He was a QC coach, then a linebacker coach for one year and replaced Selah as DC for the Niners.

I do agree that as a human being and as a man he has performed well at just about everything in life.

Sure, but if we are going to trust patterns than we need to accept that coaches with limited experience have an up and down track record in the NFL.

I never said they shouldn't hire him. I think there is a chance he proves to be a very good head coach. My point is that he is more of a question mark than someone like Sean Payton who has a long track record. He has earned a shot as a head NFL coach and I am good if they pick him - but I also am not going to assume he will be a success, because other coordinators with a lot of success have failed as head coaches and some have done very well. It is a crap shoot often.

14. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... that is not the type of Cooter I was looking for.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Jim Bob Cooter was born to coach in Tennessee, no?

16. Buck Turgidson

Jim Bob Cooter *was born* in Tennessee.

Two Sandwiches and BigM like this.
  17. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Jim Bob Cooter was born in Tennessee, to his mother Gladys and her Brother, Jim Bob Cooter the 4th

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19. conquistador#11

Big Bad Schaub-ie was on specifically to endorse Ryans. Lol Love that they still got love for each other. Had Demeco been here in 2012 dude is halting the Varsity Jackets from ever being assembled.
    No mention from Allbright on Steichen to Houston. =( Wanted Calhoun to do a coin flip on Ryans or Steichen.

red5rocket likes this.
  20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member