1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bauer is a monster

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Yordan The Great, Dec 24, 2022.

1. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The Orioles will pick up Bauer at the deadline

2. msn

msn Member

- Dodgers suck
    - Bauer sucks

/thread

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ahh, two of the biggest shitbags, Bauer & Clevinger

Olivia Finestead, the 24-year-old mother of Clevinger’s child, told The Athletic on Tuesday that she has been in contact with individuals from MLB’s Department of Investigations since this summer. According to Finestead, she has detailed to those investigators incidents of physical, verbal and emotional abuse, including an incident from last June in which Finestead said Clevinger choked her, and another about two weeks later when she said Clevinger slapped her in a hotel room when the team was playing the Dodgers and threw used chewing tobacco on their child.

A source familiar with MLB’s investigation process confirmed there is an open investigation on Clevinger. The source added that the White Sox became aware of the allegations after he was signed.

Clevinger, 33, reached via text message said his agent and lawyer would contact The Athletic. Asked for an on-the-record statement before publication, Clevinger’s agent, Seth Levinson wrote in a text message: “We need to fairly and thoroughly protect our client and at the same time be respectful of the White Sox and MLB. We need time before responding.”

Finestead, who agreed to be named in this story, first publicly disclosed the allegations in an Instagram story early Tuesday.

“I hope the @MLB does what they should and puts him in required therapy maybe even a small suspensions (sic) so he can take time out to really think about why he abuses his kids and their mothers,” the story post said.

#103 J.R., Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Nick likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

First in text messages to Bauer she said she didn’t consent to the level he took it to.

Second, yeah…he choked her out, then while she was unconscious he repeatedly punched her in the face, in the breasts, in the anus, in the vagina and butt.

The ER nurse testified she was covered in bruises and it was the worst she had seen.

There is a reason the Dodgers released him and no one has picked him up.

msn and raining threes like this.
  5. AkeemTheDreem86

That sounds really bad. I should have looked up the details first.

raining threes and Nook like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Actually the court system DOES pass on a lot of rape and domestic violence cases.

raining threes and cbass like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Bauer and Clevinger are also really good friends.

8. Nook

Nook Member

That would be really stupid.

msn likes this.
  9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Sure. I was talking specifically about that particular geographic/political area is sort of the birthplace of the me too movement and way more likely to be inclined to prosecute something like that than to sweep it under the rug.

10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Cool

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You really have no clue. Harvey Weinstein was a serial rapist. Name someone else that was actually charged with a crime versus sued. BTW, legal liability should not be the threshold. In the normal world, do you hire an executive to your company if you knew he liked to beat the **** out of women during sex?

12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

You aren’t hiring an executive. You are hiring a top salesman. If a company had the opportunity to hire a top 5% salesman and pay them $23.00 an hour instead of 7 figures in commission I bet there would be a lot of people arguing that he ought to be hired. I said I didn’t think he’d get a job.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

A top salesman isn't the public face of a company. It's closer to a very visible executive.

HeyBudLetsParty likes this.
  14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Nah. He’s a worker bee. A well publicized and paid worker bee but a worker bee nonetheless. He has no input on the direction of the company and he’s accountable for zero people under him. He has no autonomy and authority. He shows up and does the job he’s told to do with no input into doing it. That ain’t boss level man. And if he’s making 700k he’s not even well paid. In his industry that’s literally minimum wage.
    a team is hiring a minimum wage worker with no management responsibility to do a job exactly as they tell him to and they can get rid of him at any time. That’s pretty team friendly (again- I still don’t think he gets a job- I’m just saying the reason for it and the justification that will be used if he’s given a job as a though exercise).

15. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

All true, but there won’t be ten national reporters writing scathing thoughtpieces about the newly hired minimum wage sales guy hired by a local company. And that company’s revenue probably isn’t tied at least partially to public goodwill.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Bauer actually runs my favorite YouTube/baseball account. Worth watching if you are a baseball nut “momentum”

17. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Again, those are all the reasons why I think he probably doesn't get a job. But, it's a highly competitive environment, paying a guy that good (if he's that good) minimum wage is a huge advantage for your team, and fans have pretty consistently shown that winning cures all. So, if he actually does perform and vaults your team higher than they otherwise would have been the fans (local) will be more turned off than turned on. Where it gets REALLY dicey (and why I think the deal doesn't get done in addition to the think pieces the journalists will write) is if you sign him and he's not great, or your team stinks, your fans will turn on you. Because the only think worse than having a scumbag on your team is having a scumbag on a lousy team. Deshawn Watson gets forgiven in a heartbeat if the Texans are competing for the super bowl. On a 4-13 team it's pretty clear he needs to GTFO.
    Small market team, overperforming, lacking resources that gets out to a hot start and thinks he might be the difference between them making the playoffs and not if he has any chance at it, imo. And it would help if it's in a non-major market. So, call it something like the following if these teams hit: Cleveland, Cincinatti, Pittsburg, Milwaukee, Arizona, Miami, Detroit, Tampa, Kansas City. I don't know the politics of any of those owners. My sense is, in this politicized world where everything becomes political to some extent, it would be more likely to fly in a red state with an owner that is a Trump fan. Like- if the Cubs owner owned the team in Kansas City and the Royals got out to a 30-25 start and their lineup was overperforming and they needed starting pitching. Something like that.
    Now- I'm looking to thread a needle here b/c that's what I think it would take and I'm sort of playing out what if scenarios for what would probably need to happen IF he got the job which I don't believe he would. My first guess is no job for him and my next guess is one of those teams if they get out to a good start.
    Also- beyond the damaged goods and radio active nature of his charges there is a very real problem that he is an assholes that rubs everyone the wrong way. If he was a guy that kept his mouth shut, didn't get in trouble, that people liked and this came out and he shrugged his shoulders and said "hey, they all consented- that's my kink- sorry about that" he might have more of a chance. But he's such an ******* that most of the baseball world loathed him even before this happened.

18. Nook

Nook Member

I tried, cannot do it. Once I read what he did to women and saw the texts and the photographs.... I just cannot watch it.

It doesn't help that one of his best friends is Mike Clevinger, who has his own history of having and abandoning children and whispers of abuse as well.

Maybe at 18-19 I could have watched it, but I have lived too long and seen too many things..... sometimes a piece of **** is just a piece of ****.

RunninRaven, SuraGotMadHops and cbass like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

There are a number of teams that would sign Bauer tomorrow if they believed that there wouldn't be any repercussions for it. Look at Aroldis Chapman, teams kept giving him chances because there are no pictures of what he did and because he did it at a time when there wasn't much scrutiny. However, times are different now. The Astros signed Roberto Osuna and tried to make it work (and there were no photos or victims speaking up) and he is out of the big leagues now, even though he was on a path for a possible HOF relief career. Osuna is only 27 years old and had been dominant the last two seasons in Japan and still cannot even get a tryout with an MLB team.

Bauer as a starter is more valuable, but he is already in his 30's, hasn't pitched in what will be two seasons by next year. If I am being honest, I hope he never pitches in the big leagues again.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Not defending the guy because he does seem like a giant pos douchebag but did you see the full text messages? The woman either requested/approved that type of sexual relationship or she was in fact afraid of the relationship but afraid of saying no. That said, she voluntarily met him more than once after initiating contact on ig herself. I guess what I'm saying is they could both be giant pos with their own nefarious/deviant agendas.