1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Apology Form

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DreamR, Jan 23, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Plowman likes this.
  2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

42 points per game for close to 40 games? I would hope so.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I mean at that point I'm going to start thinking he's going to be better than Curry lol.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Jalen Green has improved some for certain.

His largest improvement has been his ability to draw fouls. That bodes really well long term for him to be a high-level scorer. He is up to 6.5 a game, which is in the same ballpark as LBJ, Jokic, Mathurin and a little less than Durant. Ideally he gets into the 8-10 range with higher usage. Still, that is a major improvement in his game.

As far as his ball handling is concerned, it is better than last year but it hasn't improved to the level it will need to be. With an increase in usage, he has become more turnover prone than assist prone. Still, he is taking shots this year he could not, because his handle is better. I don't think he will ever have a great handle, but it will keep improving and once he has a real coach, he will get better opportunities for assists.

He also has been vastly better at home than on the road as a shooter and defender, which should start to even out when he is more mature. That tells me that he can have a fg% atleast in the 44-45% range.

At this point, if he improves as a shooter and his handle stabilizes, he is capable of putting up Donovan Mitchell type scoring numbers in the future. Offensively, he has the other pieces already.

Defensively, I think he has actually devolved this season. The effort is at best inconsistent. Still - he is playing on a terrible team with a terrible coach, so that can improve long term.

cbass, Ancient Moabite and xaos like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

I should have rephrased that as efficiency of play not quality. Obviously pulling off 40+ points a game is not expected outside of primetime Harden but consistency is the issue. The rollercoaster doesn't sell many that he's got it together.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Jalen just needs to keep the same level of effort as he had last night for every game. Even if his shot isn't falling some games, even if we lose, as long as he brings that same effort on both sides of the court every game, he's worth building around alongside Sengun, Jabari, Tari and our upcoming pick.

But if he brings the low effort he had in the couple games before that (yes, that first 40 game included) then he won't be the guy.

RHU525 and TesseracT like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Jalen's 6 games without the head honcho

28 PPG, 47% FG 39% 3P

Mathloom, cbass, mario_v and 3 others like this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green needs to go to the VET, because he's ****in SICCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

Last time I ignored myself we got into a big argument. Things were said that I'm not proud of.

javal_lon, Rokman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Didnt you just say Jalen has had more lazy defensive plays in his 2 yrs than Tmac and Harden combined? You trashed the dude when he scored 41 pts and was the best player of the entire game yet you're trying to sit on your high horse now.

Pathetic.

I dont see you saying we dont need threads like these in the Sengun threads, you were probably in those saying how KPJ and Jalen are holding Sengod back.

cbass and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah. Jalen's biggest haters here are the Sengunatics who doesnt want Sengun sharing the spotlight with anybody. If you want a classic example then read @Downtown Sniper 's posts ******** on Green after his 41 pt game and esp when he absolutely lost his mind and wrote a literal essay blaming Green for Sengun's bad defense when I said Sengun is a defensive liability as well.

Like I said this is Linsanity part 2 with the LOFs (now SOFs) hating on anybody they see as a threat. Considering they went mental and started hating on Bruno Fernando and wanted him cut from the team and Silas fired just because of that article that said Bruno would start over Sengun, I'm not surprised.

#93 roslolian, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  14. Ancient Moabite

He has to do it for 8 more games to meet the head honcho council members approval of 14 game measuring stick

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are exaggerating. Wanting Silas to get fired is hardly "going mental". And yes, starting Bruno over Sengun was, is and always will be ridiculous.

HamJam likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You're not a REAL Sengunatic if you hate Jalen Green. A real Sengun fan knows Jalen Green makes Sengun better and even more unstoppable. How many hockey assists does Jalen get from passing to Sengun for a Sengun assists? It's a lot. How many assists does Jalen get passing to Sengun after a Sengun hand off? It's a bunch.

Most Sengun fans like Jalen Green from what I've seen. it's just a couple people who are the most vocal and have too much time on their hands.

#96 DreamShook, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya and notice on pnr possessions how much space Green creates for Sengun after the screen as both defenders often run at Green due to a combo of them thinking Green can't handle double team pressure yet and Alpi not being a consistent outside threat yet. But Green is finding him giving Alpi so much room to operate in the mid post.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun and Green are perfectly complementary to each other. And Jabari is as well (once he starts shooting 40 % from 3 and starts boxing out and generally playing the defense he said he wanted to make his calling card). And Tari for sure, KMJ anyway.

There is only one piece that doesn't fit, and it rhymes with dead poncho.

19. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I like JG but threads like these are annoying. Now I KNOW we're gonna get another stupid thread the next time Jalen is bad just to respond to this one. We need to end the war. There has to be a referendum on "see I was right about Jalen" threads till the offseason. Let the guy grow.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  20. Landry's Tooth

More about winning or losing depends on which Green we get.

Probably because it is so extreme in both cases. It's at least a 5-7 swing in points in either direction from a middle ground performance.