1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 8, 2023.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So is it that you think Bryce young is going to get hurt? Or that his size makes him less capable? What’s MB?
    Also, we already have the 1.2 pick. So do you want levis/Stroud there?

and before we “lmao” I want to “waste” one high first round pick on a qb that is risky because he’s short. You want to waste 3 first round picks on a guy because he’s the right size.. LMAO.

Sooty, Two Sandwiches and Fulgore like this.
  2. body slam

body slam Member

Perine might be decent option for an additional RB. He seems to be a decent back up that can also catch the ball. Plus he's not going to be a break the bank free agent. That is if the Texans are looking for a free agent RB.

red5rocket likes this.
  3. raining threes

I think only one QB Young's size has ever won a SB, I dont see Young being the 2nd to do it.

I want to see Caserio get a vet in FA, not draft a QB this yr and draft a QB in 2024, So to answer your question, neither, Although if he was available I would pick Adian O'Connell in the 5th or 6th rd.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

You didn’t answer any of my questions. I didn’t ask if you thought Bryce young would be the 2nd ever at his size to win a SB. I asked if you thought his size would cause him to get hurt or if his size was going to impede his abilities.
    Lolz at only one his size has ever one a Super Bowl, nice skinny goalposts there. Not to mention the ones his size who have been very successful otherwise. Just seems weird to focus so hard on something that has clearly not affected him so far.

also, I’m just not understanding how you think taking a risk with a single first round pick on a very good qb in Bryce young Is worse than having a vet qb who wins us enough games to need to use both 1sts next year plus some other valuable picks to get a 2024 qb.. I mean if you want a qb in 2024 why not roll with mills again? At least have a chance.

basically, your “ideas” instead of Bryce young are so nonsensical that I can’t trust your thoughts on Bryce either. But I think we’ve agreed elsewhere so no worries we’ll just disagree on this one.

Sooty likes this.
  5. raining threes

Who are the ones his size that have been successful? Tarkenton 50 yrs ago? No QB 5'10 or less has ever won a SB. The chances of Young being that guy are slim. Denying history is nonsensical.

Agree to disagree.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Haha, “good night” was better. Ok man, I was trying to make actual points and discuss why we thought things, not just repeat the same sentence about no one ever.. not commenting on any other part of my post makes me feel like you don’t wanna get caught and reminded later when you’re wrong. But you can always point at “no qb his size has ever done that so how was I supposed to know” and save face. Guess we’ll see how it all plays out..

good night.

Sooty and raining threes like this.
  7. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Okay, but the game has changed a lot in the past 20 years, and the reasons that short QBs didn't get a chance 30, 20, hell even 10 years ago are no longer as big of a concern.

So if Bryce young measures 5'11 instead of 5'10 like many believe he will I am supposed to believe that 1 inch is going to change the entire outlook, bc you know, WE KNOW Rus Wilson was 5'11 and won a SB! The past always dictates the present! Amirite? Seriously, 1 inch. Are we talking about his penis or his standing height? In either case, I think his girth is the bigger concern.

houstonstime and Sooty like this.
  8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I've been asking the same thing. If there's a legitimate concern about Young's ability to run an offense at that size I'd want to know and hear that perspective out. If the only concern is durability... I think I'd take my chances. Anyone in the NFL can get injured and Young seems to avoid and absurd hard contact very well given his awareness and shiftiness. See no logic in taking a clearly inferior option because his body is more durable on the surface... what good is being healthy if you suck?

houstonstime, coolcat77 and Sooty like this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

10. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

11. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

12. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

2nd rounder and he’s yours Dallas

Everyone else gets the 3rd rounder price tag

13. Rockets34Legend