1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No Accountability!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Great watch for those who haven’t seen it yet. Good to see that I am not the only one who is disgusted with this organization holding absolutely nobody accountable for this clown show called the 2020-2023 Rockets.

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

It’s maybe their biggest issue. The lack of holding everyone to the same accountability standard is so glaringly obvious, and that’s an organizational failure. It’s not just Silas. And I’m not defending Silas because it’s definitely on him too, but who is holding the coaches accountable? And the GM? We all know who it should be, but he’s obviously content with having a 14 percent chance of winning the lottery instead of running a competent organization.

clutchdabear, fattz, Imanimal and 3 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At this point investigate nepotism and throw Pat Fertitta out.

Stone should be the lawyer and review contracts only.

Get a GM in there.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

long live tillmen fertatters. give him a break, he was given a bad hand with hardon and paul to start his tenure.

5. PatBev

PatBev Member

This is how you tank

A real vet point guard & center off the bench would have been great guard rails to have for our young starters especially with a inexperienced head coach

Stone is following the same blueprint I use in 2k myleague to tank. Have the young talent as starters and load the bench with 65 overall rated players the first couple seasons. This is why he gave us Nix and Bruno. You simply wins to many games with young stars and quality bench players

I think we see a complete 180 after this years draft and Stone has cap space to spend on a top tier bench and vets with the goal of winning

I would really like to see Snyder & Conley come next season

Sad thing is we stayed hella competitive with a tough schedule to start and actually kept the games close but now I feel the train is going off the rails because it’s probably tougher on the players mentally compared to a front office wanting to tank

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I don’t believe they were intentionally tanking. I genuinely believed they expected the team to show some sort of improvement. Even Silas himself said before the season that “this team will be a lot better than what people think”. If they were intentionally tanking there was no reason why Bruno started Sengun early in the season. There was no reason for Christopher not to play. Silas the dumbass was obviously trying to win but pushed all the wrong buttons.

Getting a new coach next season is just your wishful thinking because it seems that Stone doesn’t have a clue what he is doing and have a very good relationship with Silas. It is very likely that Silas will get another run next season.

#6 ashleyem, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i-did-not-see-that-coming-at-all-surprised.gif

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Was just talking about this with friends. There will be no accountability until Silas is gone. Unfortunately, it seems like they're committed to Silas through the rebuild.

The problem with that is the lack of accountability and the fact that he's allowing these players to be okay with losing.

Jalen Green, for instance, seems to be at a standstill from a development standpoint. A real coach would hold him accountable for working on other areas of his game besides his offense, which still needs improvement, by the way. His defense on that Ant dunk last night was worse than just about any defense I've ever seen from Harden. Flat out unacceptable. He should be benched for the first half of the next game for it.

This team is going nowhere with Silas.

Entropy, ashleyem, htownrox1 and 2 others like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Media always trying to stir s*** up.

We win a few games and they cry.....we can't be winning!!!!

We lose some games for Wembayama and they cry......we need to see progress!!!!

Dang Goldilocks never happy during a rebuild.

Check out for a couple of years if you can't handle it!!
    Go watch the Spurs and Pops where they have plenty of discipline and accountability

Corpusfan and gfab-babyboi like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Just as an example, when Scott Barnes was playing like **** and giving no effort in the beginning of the season, Nurse benched him. Barnes kinda threw a hissy fit about it, but Silas never had the balls to do it to Green

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kind of like Borrego benching Lamelo and getting them into the playoffs to now letting him roam freely with the worst record in the NBA.

This is a carryover from the Morey culture. No good parenting just let's be friends mentality and be cool. Swag Champs on 3.

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

when we decided to turn our 'rebuild' into 'the redemption of kpj' we obviously lost our long term focus...

you cant just stockpile a buncha young prospects and expect to turn around one day and have a great team...

These years should be about runnin these kids and developing them... accountability and instilling expectations... putting the work ethic in place now - so as we delve into finer points going forward - we have a solid foundation to build on...

I spent decades managing stores... moreso the people in those stores... i took over a lot of 'broken' locations in my day... i tell ya now, its a lot easier to walk in the door as a hard ass - and then mellow as you get to know the employees... than it is to walk in as 'a nice guy' - and then try to get tough and instill standards down the line...

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

since the rockets have been awful i haven't watched any sports. didn't know this happened.

Jalen is playing like ass but there is not one coach who is telling him he cant play like that. We can get mad at JG all we want, but I don't think it's fair for us to think he can rise above this awful coaching and situation. I hope the rockets dont lose him before this gawd awful tank is complete.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I hope we lose him just to help us realize tanking never works

16. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Per John Wall we’ve already lost him and KPJ. This situation needs change and none is coming because we have an owner who is busy with his other 30 businesses and is getting updates by Patrick who is the one watching over everything. Patrick, Tilman, and Stone are not basketball people and have never played the game….that is a problem.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. fattz

fattz Member

Okay the problem is pinpointed. What is the next step?

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

100% Facts

kjayp likes this.
  19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

False premise. These idiots are again acting under the assumption that winning is the goal, when winning the draft is the actual goal.

Corrosion likes this.
  20. jb86

jb86 Member

The fans are getting screwed over. And it’s foolish to buy tickets just to watch the team lose. Bad business on display.

snowconeman22 likes this.