1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. RocketsDraftTV

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Nights like these are unacceptable. He has looked nothing like he did last year after the all star break, when he was closing games against the Lakers etc.

He is a confidence player. When he sees the ball go in, he has more confidence and plays better. When he is not, all parts of his game are impacted. That's why he desperately needs to fix his shot. If he could just shoot it better every other part of his game will improve drastically

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is what I mean by Green doesn't put up bust numbers.

If you look at Turner's career and compare it to Green's, Green has already been a lot better than Turner has...well not defensively. Turner simply wasn't capable of putting up 40 points.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

This is the first post I’ve made about Green after a bad game this year. I’ve complained at other times about his lack of improvement but that’s taking into account the entire season, not just one game. Tonight was just too much to stay silent. I’ve never ever ever called him a bust before, until now. Honestly I think tonight was a breaking point, dude is cooked.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sure, better than Evan Turner, that's definitely true.

For Green my hope this year was look like a future All NBA or future All Star at least.

Neither of those is looking more probable than not now.

I mean at least when Wiggins was a bust, he had d to fall back on.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well it's certainly true if he was even an average defender he doesn't look this bad. It's why Jabari definitely has a higher floor because even if Jabari NEVER improves any on offense, lets say what he is on offense never improves...he would still be a valuable player on a team, a role player, just defensively and using his length.

Green's floor is a lot lower, the league doesn't really favor chuckers who can't play defense, if you can't play defense your offense better be amazing

SamFisher and txtodd like this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

I think.......we'll need to skip this chapter in the book tbh.

tmacfor35 and ChillyPete32 like this.
  8. CXbby

CXbby Member

Chapter 11 is next.

9. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

To be fair, most games he plays are bad these days.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  10. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Green is a mess. He isn’t developing and the lack of accountability is starting to have a negative impact on his growth as a player. Tonight was probably his worst game in a lot of ways, but especially in terms of his effort. There is no ****ing way he should have seen as many minutes as Silas gave him tonight. They are coddling him and he’s getting worse instead of better because of it.

11. Ancient Moabite

JG4 off-season 3 part program needs to consist of getting with Bron for his weight workout routine, then with Kyrie for handle session, then with M Price to get his shot more polished, or he could do that with his buddy S Curry

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I just think Green needs a lot more to improve than your normal player.

Like Devon Booker he's going to need vets around him and a competent coach to cut out the crap ton of bad habits he has. That's his first problem and usually this is like the first thing a young player learns in the NBA, good habits. Green is an AAU guy who then went to the Gleague, he would have GREATLY benefitted going to Duke or NC or some powerhouse to learn good habits and what he should and shouldn't do. I think this is why Bari and Sengun look like more competent players than him.

Once/if Green gets those good habits down he can finally grow. He takes waaaaaaaay too many terrible shots to ever be efficient and ball just sticks to his hands way too much.

Carpe82 likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

These are just my thoughts and I have no inside information; I am just reading the room. Green has let the locker room spill out to the court. He quit on us tonight and in his mind he had a great reason to do so. Porter went home because of what is going on and Smith is pissed, too. I don’t know more than the next but something happened and it not going to be an easy fix.

REEKO_HTOWN and Carpe82 like this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Silas needs to be fired ASAP. Zero reason Green should have gotten as many minutes as he did today. Imagine Sengun looking like that. Sengun was playing 25 minutes while dominating. New coach needs to hold everyone equally accountable. Give Green another offseason and if we still don’t see improvement then it’s time to salvage some trade value.

JayGoogle likes this.
  15. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is an interesting theory. They don’t look right at all. The body language just seems off with a lot of the guys, so you may be on to something. Who knows?

Carpe82 likes this.
  16. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

His scoring is either get hot from 3 or blow by his defender. When he can't shoot and play against good defender, he's basically useless. Can't even make his free throw. He doesn't even play defense.

GotGame15 likes this.
  17. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

McDaniels shut him down. His season low is 9, which is against McDaniels too.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

let's break the cycle of good game - bad game crap.

Jalen deserves a better coach to unlock his talents as do all our players.

DD

BigMaloe, Richie_Rich, fattz and 2 others like this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Terrible game. Last season when he was struggling, he would at least turn it into greater effort on the defensive end. These days he just lets his confidence get shot and hanging his hat on FTA's too much. He just doesn't seem to grasp that sitting and waiting for your shot to come around is not something you do in the NBA, because the other players are going at you on both ends regardless. He has to get back to being useful off the ball both on defense and offense.

I also hope it's not true that he is late for practices at times. That would be the nail in the coffin.

Jalen Green is testing even my patience at the moment, don't have much to defend him with. Sorry guys, maybe I'll find something positive to say about it later.

#1259 Mathloom, Jan 22, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2023
  20. NewAge

NewAge Member

Jabari seems to care more, that’s a big difference. Although more months of this garbage ball may impact him or anyone psychologically. It’s debilitating.

JayGoogle, BaselineFade and Carpe82 like this.