1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 1/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 17, 2023.

1. lpbman

lpbman Member

I know we aren't a good team, we aren't supposed to be a good team...

but holy Jesus, that was pathetic.

Os Trigonum and WestendMassive like this.
  2. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Rozier had 26 points. Most nights we get outscored by guards not bigs and Sengun has the highest defensive rating on the starting five. You mentioned the eye test earlier and you post like youre blind.

subtomic, hakeem94 and Alpifan like this.
  3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Damn, there is a lot of truth in this...

ak99999 and rockets94-95 like this.
  4. 34to11

34to11 Member

Sacramento???
    Nah bruh, the Kings wandered the NBA desert for 16 years after the Adelman era, in large part because they waited years to commit to a full rebuild.
    They also routinely drafted poorly.

The Rockets are in their 2nd year of rebuilding and have drafted exceedingly well in those two years already.
    They are NOT the same.

Again, being stuck with Westbrook and his contract with zero assets to improve, all while owing a boatload of picks to OKC and having the coach, GM, and team President bail in the same summer was way more dysfunctional and miserable than anything I've seen from the rebuild.

5. WestendMassive

I think someone has been feeding Rockets games to ChatGPT:

INT. ROCKETS OFFICE - DAY

Fertitta sits at his desk, staring at a sheet of paper with the team's stats. Silas sits across from him, looking uncomfortable.

FERTITTA (shaking his head) I can't believe this, Stephen. We're the worst team in NBA history.

SILAS I know, Tilman. It's been a tough season.

FERTITTA A tough season? We're setting records for futility, and we're on pace to lose every single game this year.

SILAS I understand your frustration, but we've had some injuries to key players and some unexpected retirements, it's taken a toll on the team.

FERTITTA (sighs) I know, I know. But I invested heavily in halftime entertainment and margaritas, and we're still not winning. I can't even give away tickets to the games.

SILAS I understand, and I assure you that we're doing everything we can to turn things around. But it's going to take time and patience.

FERTITTA (nodding) I understand that, Stephen. But I need to see some progress. I can't have the worst team in NBA history representing my franchise.

SILAS I'll do my best, Tilman.

FERTITTA (nodding) I know you will. Just make it happen.

SILAS (nodding) I'll do my best, Tilman.

The two men sit in silence for a moment before Silas stands up to leave the room.

SILAS I'll get back to work on turning things around.

FERTITTA (nodding) I'll be waiting.

Silas exits the room, leaving Fertitta alone with his thoughts and the daunting task of turning around the worst team in NBA history.

Ankara1923 and J.R. like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Some of us did warn that there are dangers to tanking (raises hand) and it's exactly this. The losing culture you build through it and be hard to shake off.

Soon, every season becomes about drafting a guy in the top 5 that's going to come in and change it all but as some teams find out, easier said than done.

The only good thing is that we've only done this for 2 season, I guess this will be our 3rd one. Hopefully, the team will be able to start building a winning culture next season but that's not going to be easy. They better hope this draft pick is worth it.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This team has sucked the joy out of Alpi and Jalen. I can see it in their interviews, in their body language.
    Jabari is trying his best, and showing me a lot--but his shot forsakes him more often than not.
    KPJ is out indefinitely.
    Eric Gordon has been mentally checked out since 2020.
    Garry Bird is gone, replaced by a red-faced, scraggly man who gets more beat-up by the day.
    Josh Christopher is playing, but for how long?
    TyTy sits and waits for a chance that never comes.
    Daishen Nix remains.

Winning at this point would be more of a relief than fun to me.

The five-game winning streak and competitive losses seem so long ago.

It's only been a month.

We've been stuck in a three-year long nightmare with occasional moments of reprieve. The Rockets are literally basketball sleep paralysis. Somebody wake me up, or if not, at least wake up our team.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

At least the memes we're good right ....guys!?

Guys???

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure where the sarcasm came from but in regards to who had the better game, that's why I go off of the EYE TEST, rather than stats.

Obviously, Sengun had a more efficient game but at the end of the day, its about the "WIn". We all can agree on that but Williams affected the game in a major way. So obviously it was Williams. And that is what I've been trying to stress to SOFs.

Sengun is a good player, NO DOUBT but he is strictly a one way player.....ALL "O", NO "D"! And you can not win like that, especially at the center position.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum, WestendMassive and HP3 like this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh ha - with the collapse of crypto i guess celebs are back to selling tequila to pay the bills

One of television's most beloved couples, Aaron Paul and Bryan Cranston of Breaking Bad, is headed to Houston this week to tout their newest project. Instead of methamphetamine, the two actors are cooking up their new Dos Hombres Mezcal.
    ***​
    Honestly how much money do these guys need to have to hang out with the Titta boys and politely watch this Rockets team play the Hornets in a tank off- it's a steep price to pay

Roomba likes this.
  12. WestendMassive

These guys can't believe they agreed to come to this game but at least they found the humour in it. I wonder if this was after Eric Gordon airballed that floater? lol

[​IMG]

13. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I didnt say **** about one having a better game than the other, can you read? Im gonna go with no since you seem to assume I said things I never said and write entire paragraphs on things no one said as if they did. Who does that?

14. 34to11

34to11 Member

What about San Antonio or Seattle/OKC or Miami or Cleveland or Brooklyn or Dallas or Memphis or...well, you get the idea.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

16. i3artow i3aller

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Damn they are laughing at us LOL.

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Once again, don't know why the sarcasm, we're only discussing basketball.

But let me ask you this, before you looked at the stats, if I had told you the opposing team had 75pts in the paint, who would you thought had the best defense +/-? Obviously not Sengun.

That's why I say stats are good to a certain degree but it doesn't tell the WHOLE story. Williams and the Hornets DOMINATED the paint, so if your starting center had the best defense +/- that means something else had to factor into those stats, because obviously he didnt play well defensively, correct?

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our GM sucks
    He should have signed Bol Bol
    @TimDuncanDonaut

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. WestendMassive

This is our vet! Eric Gordon is so much fun