1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall opens up about his time in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I never said the Rockets should be finished rebuilding after this season......

Yes, OKC has and had more assets than the Rockets because their front office is smarter than the Rockets.

Alexander was a 20 year old getting 10 points a game when they got him from the Clippers. They have coached him well, he has worked hard and now he is a very good player. The same thing is happening with Josh Giddey and Pokusevski and Williams. They have a very strong coaching staff and a good culture where players are held accountable.

The Rockets have had the following draft picks the last two seasons...... #2, #3, #16, #17, #23, #24, #29

This season the Rockets will likely get a top 5 pick and a pick around #25-26...

So the Rockets have had assets but they have overall done okay in their draft picks.

Deuce, Yung-T and topfive like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

The second OKC decided to deal PG13, that's when their rebuild started. Which was in 2019 when they literally started over. The clippers gave them the boatload of picks and a then 20-21 year old SGA, who showed potential as a clipper. Obviously being the idiot Tilman is gifting cp3 and picks to OKC, doesnt change that OKC started the rebuild that year. They just got basically the perfect guard to pair with SGA to mentor him for a year where he actually got a taste of what it takes to win in this league.

It's pretty obvious who their best player is at this point and who they're building around and it shows their commitment when they signed him to that max extension 2 years ago. He may just make his 1st all star this year too.

okc is farther along because they started sooner than houston. and have all those picks in their back pocket. Houston's rebuild started when they dealt harden 2 years ago. And officially underway when they got Green/Sengun cause those are the guys people could say the rockets are moving forward with.

#342 YOLO, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
  3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

4. Mashing

Mashing Member

If this influences the ping pong balls in anyway I'm going to be pissed. Stone should be fired for putting us in this mess.

Little Bit likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. VoR

VoR Member

Bro got paid and he whining.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

^^^Silas:

“When we go out every night, we try to win a basketball game. We prepare the same way when I prepared when working for perennial playoff teams and really good teams. We prepare in the same way. We have the same expectations for play. We do things in a manner that are pointing us in the direction to win every single night we’re out there. Is it gonna happen? No. We have 19-20-21 year old guys who emotionally go up and down and with their game, inconsistencies. The best teacher is experience. That’s what they’re getting right now. There have been teams that have done it before and you don’t look at certain guys around the league and say because they went through a rebuild, they have a losing attitude. You look at Phoenix, Philly, teams that have gone through rebuilds. At the end of it, most of the times it ends up pretty good. Look at Memphis. All these teams that have been through it. It requires patience for sure. There are definitely disappointments along the way. Philadelphia, they won like 18 games, 19 games and 10 games and then finally kinda turned the corner with Brett Brown. There’s no easy way to do a rebuild. We’re hammering at it. These kids are learning how to play basketball. They’re learning to deal with adversity and some success. It’s not an easy process to go through but the process we’re in and they’re gonna be fine.”

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Why does Silas sound and act like such a low energy person

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Pelicans trade AD and get Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, 4th pick in the draft, and several other picks/swaps

OKC trades PG and gets Shai plus multiple picks/swaps

Rockets trade Harden who was far better than either of those 2 and gets…

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

My original post was responding to some who keep saying the rebuild should be coming to an end, that is the only thing I am pushing back about.

OKC has and had more assets is because 2 owners got desperate and sold the farm, it did not take smarts to do any of those trades.

Sorry I am just not that enamored with what OKC has done so far and just think they are further along because they actually have a franchise type guy, I think they might have picked the better players, but I am willing to wait on that.

If Shai was here in Houston I think the record would be much better.

Nook likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

We know Cleveland didn’t want anything to do with KPJ. We know he doesn’t like soup. We know he doesn’t like the traffic after the games. So it’s unfortunate this John Wall interview confirmed a lot of of what we speculated on … AND MORE. Good times lol but at least Jabari’s shooting 30%!

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I sure would like to know what it is they were are getting away with because it would have to some crazy **** to get them out of the ****ing league, I mean John Wall brought a gun in locker room for a teamate and he doid not get kicked out the ****ing league.

I am starting to think that maybe they started tuning him out and he felt some kind of way or he thought he should have commanded a certain amount of respect and did not get it.

It's amazing that a lot o you all in here caping for Wall because he said something you like when he did way more **** than KPJ has ever done, but he needs to be off the team.

So now Wall is supposed to be some respected veteran?

I guess that means that KPJ can be as well, right?

Ancient Moabite and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

And we know that none of that should matter because now Wall is the voice of reason when he brought a gun into the locker room to confront a teammate.

But hey, I guess soup is more dangerous.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

You forgot: Rockets trade CP3 and get Westbrook, -2 FRPs and -2 FRP swaps

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I was inclined to agree with you up until yesterday but the latest Wall rant makes him look like a guy you don't want to have around.

Really nobody looks good here

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Morey was GM then not Stone. Harden then demanded out with the sh*tshow he and Morey created.

HillBoy and BaselineFade like this.
  20. ak99999

ak99999 Member

John Wall is telling the truth of what happened, but not too many like the truth. lol

DeBeards likes this.