1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bauer is a monster

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Yordan The Great, Dec 24, 2022.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I really don't understand why anybody would respond to Tomstro or Trader all they want to do is troll.

IBTL likes this.
  2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah. Thats what I’m doing. By saying she possibly set his ass up, I’m trolling. Whatever man. This conversation was over, and you are trying to revive it with empty trash talk. That seems more like trolling to me.

3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

4. IBTL

IBTL Member

@Tomstro is a lame ass troll at that.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. Radricky

Radricky Member

Doubtful the team that signs Bauer gets as much heat as the Astros did for osuna.

plee and RKREBORN like this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

#86 J.R., Jan 6, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Lmao

9. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Seems like he should sign back with Cleveland to me. I don’t know that anyone will sign him but a reunion there would make a lot of sense.

10. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I don’t know that I believe anyone signs him this year.

jiggyfly and Qan like this.
  11. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Any Idea what the price will be to sign him? If I understand it correctly he will be virtually free. Hard to imagine he does not get picked up.

IBTL likes this.
  12. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

750k or whatever the league minimum is.

IBTL and Qan like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Its going to be interesting to see if he was well liked among players it would probably be easier, but he is an *******, and he likes beating up women even if they consent but the fact he gets off on beating them up is still a huge issue.

I don't know if him being a baseball player hurts or helps him since its not really as covered as Football and Basketball, he could probably sign in a lesser market and everything would die down quickly, but baseball does not seem to tolerate as much bad behavior as the other sports.

Now this next part is going to be a bit political, but the fact that baseball is a mostly white sport, and he is a white man gives him some leeway IMO if it was a black player or a Latino player he would be exiled from the game, It's going to be interesting I think he is scumbag, but I will not say that he should be kicked out of the game.

14. IBTL

IBTL Member

Breaking news: Bauer is a SACK OF DOGSHIT.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Is baseball mostly white?

We can find lots of cases of domestic violence and other acts of violence where the athlete was allowed to resume his career.
    Michael Vick was convicted of torturing and killing dogs and got to play again. Deshaun Watson is playing again. Osuna got to play again as well as A. Chapman was allowed to play again. I’m not sure public opinion or the national media is quicker to condemn an athlete simply because they are black. Take race out of it, it has no place in this discussion. If you want to say Bauer is a piece of **** then thats your take, but bringing up race in this case is just ignorant and lazy. Pieces of **** exist in all colors. So many people here just needlessly pull the race card for any ****ing reason. In this case, no reason at all.

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Shot in the dark prediction, but I can see Bauer signing with a team during the trade deadline next year. No team wants to touch him right now because it would be a toxic signing. However if he signs on a team in another baseball league and puts up elite numbers an mlb team would be willing to sell their soul and sign him. Imagine being able to sign an elite pitcher for the stretch run where you don't have to give up anything in return? That's very enticing.

My guess is beating on trash cans would be more offensive to fans than beating a woman.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros acquired Osuna for a stretch run in 2018, and then some. He was vital to them being as good as they were in 2019.

It still didn’t end up working out on any level.

18. AkeemTheDreem86

For the record, I think Bauer has acted like a total douche for years...

But are we saying consentual rough sex is the same as beating a woman?

raining threes likes this.
  19. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Yeah and it’s not actually beating on a woman. Not legally anyway as the PD and court said pass in an area not known for passing on that kind of thing. You could play it as the process was thorough, he wasn’t charged of a crime. He’s served a long sentence. An arbitrator says he’s paid his debt, blah blah blah. Trade deadline signing makes some sense.

20. Major

Major Member

Last data I can find is that 78% of MLB players are white.

Not weighing in on Bauer, but just was curious about that stat.

EDIT: this does not seem correct. The numbers on the site I found add up to more than 100%, so I'm assuming maybe "white" includes some latinos as well in this calculation.