1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022/23 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by dkamberi25, Jul 26, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

How sure are we about Moukoko's age?

2. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Wiki has that nice excerpt from a newer Spiegel article, which makes his official age pretty questionable:

Der Spiegel enthüllte im November 2022, dass Joseph Moukoko als Talentscout nach Kamerun reiste und dort Youssoufa adoptierte, um ihn einfacher nach Deutschland bringen zu können. Youssoufas Tante berichtete, dass seine Eltern und die Verwandtschaft sich darüber sehr freuten, „denn wir wussten, dass er (Youssoufa) uns alle versorgen würde.“ Dem jetzigen Bunte-Journalisten Martin Heidemanns wurde im September 2022 über WhatsApp von Joseph Moukoko eine Kopie einer in Yaoundé am 17. Juli 2000 auf den Namen Youssoufa Mohamadou ausgestellten Geburtsurkunde übermittelt. In der Folge ließ Youssoufa Moukoko am 15. November 2022 die Veröffentlichung und Verbreitung dieses Dokuments durch das Landgericht Frankfurt verbieten.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Gareth Bale has retired from football.

Not all that surprising. He got Wales to the WC and wasn't really going to be able to contribute much more. I thought maybe he'd go home and play for Cardiff for a bit before calling it but I'm not shocked that he retired now. He's been more interested in playing golf than football for some time. Hell, if I had the means to retire now and spend 5 days a week on the course, I sure as hell would do it. He was a great player who's scored some iconic goals. Not much else for him to do on the field at this point.

daywalker02, JumpMan and Yung-T like this.
  4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yup. Underrated time at Real Madrid due to the way it finished, but he was great, was part of a legendary trio, and won a lot of trophies.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Once we got rid of CR7, Rashford lit back up......

DD

6. leroy

He was already playing well. Started much earlier than CR7's departure. Partially led to it as it was clear he was clogging up the works and not allowing the team to play as free flowing as they are now.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Shaqira said Casio =/ Rolex.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

so proud that liverpool is in the top 10 premier league teams this year. of all the teams in england, liverpool is among the 10 best, and for that i am proud.

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Aware

Aware Member

100 million for that dude from shaktar? screams out desperation

For that money they should go after Kvaratskhelia from Napoli

10. JumpMan

What do y'all United fans think of Casemiro? Wouldn't be surprised if he's playing a major role in their run of late.

11. leroy

He IS playing a major role in the run. Once he got comfortable, it allows Eriksen to roam more freely and Bruno to play further up. With McFred, Bruno was forced back into defensive positions too often, leaving no help for the forward. Casemiro, additionally is masterful on the ball and has made some fantastic passes and even finished a few himself. Steal transfer of the summer right now or at least up there with Haaland. Once United find a proper #9, we're going to wreck shop.

My biggest concern is the lack of depth. They still need to improve in the midfield, wings, and a 9. I think Garnacho is making the case that he should be starting, with Rashford moving to the 9 for now. As hot as he is, it doesn't really matter where he starts. Antony still needs some consistency but I think he's going to be a very good player. If they can get Sancho back to anything like Dortmund Sancho, then maybe the wing depth isn't an issue. DVB going down is kind of a blessing in disguise because now they might recognize that he's not the answer behind Bruno or Eriksen and they are forced to find someone who isn't so f***ing useless (seriously...I've never seen a player at this level do less and be completely devoid of affecting any game he plays in. At least you can see Maguire's failings and why he's bad. With DVB, he just completely disappears. You only know he played because you actually looked at the team sheet.).

JumpMan likes this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Arsenal team is really young. They have a bunch of youngsters playing at a high level.

Let’s see how much Kronke pays out of his own pocket to retain that talent.

13. JumpMan

Casemiro, Kroos, and Modric. At Real Madrid, I wondered who was most important if not who was the best. Glad he maintained his level after kinda going for the money with United. He is also great at walking the fine line between tough and dirty and aggressive and reckless. Much better at it than Ramos and especially Pepe. Varane is another one who left Madrid for Manchester, but I don't miss him nearly as much because it's tough for him to stay healthy and he was prone to costly mistakes.

That's a lot. So far no matter how close.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

15. leroy

He wasn't chasing money. He was chasing playing time. He was headed to the bench with the signing of Tchouameni. United simply came calling at the right moment.

JumpMan likes this.
  16. Raz

Raz Member

New calendar year and VAR is still a disgrace.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Raz likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I have a suspicion that Bayern is ready to move on from Neuer.

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yung-T likes this.
  20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This dreadful Kimmich+Goretzka duo is wasting a good generation of Bayern&National team players, we have absolutely zero build-up play or composure with these two.

Shame that they get to start every game due to their national standing.