1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

If the Texans are that bad again, after another full draft and a FA period, then they should fire the GM and possibly the 3rd coach in a row.

They'll be somewhere b/t 6-12 in the draft, unless the QB situation just totally implodes. They should not have a chance at a top-pick QB next year (doesn't mean they shouldn't look at one somewhere)

raining threes likes this.
  2. raining threes

Agreed

But if you aren't a championship contender then you should tank again next year for Williams/Maye, it would be worth one more bad year. Do I think the Texans will do this? Not a chance.

3. Major

Major Member

You could say this every year though. Williams/Maye haven't been analyzed to death since they aren't draftable this year. But next year they will be, and people will find flaws and look at QBs coming out the following year as so much better. It tends to happen every year.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not to mention we couldn’t even tank to the first overall pick this year, what makes anyone think we can tank correctly next year?

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I’d go Anderson at 1.2 and load up on free agents with a bridge Vet. I’d do a 1 year deal not go after Carr or Jimmy G. Consider Hooker or another QB later in the draft.

Look to trade down from 12 if you can get a first next year. Maybe some team wants Richardson for example. Trade Cooks and consolidate picks to make a godfather offer for a QB in next years draft.

6. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Stroud would be an idiot to stay in school. His stock won't be any higher. Injury and other QBs come into play next draft. You draft one of the 2 defensive players if Young is gone and Stroud is not in the draft.

raining threes and No Worries like this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Agreed, not sure why he hasn't declared and today is the last day to do so.........maybe he doesn't want to get picked by the Texans :p

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I seen he just entered but I would’ve asked the Seahawks/Lions for both of their first round picks and squeeze whatever else I could for the No.2 pick. If they don’t budge, I’m going Will Anderson.

9. a time to chill

10. Major

Major Member

Lots of people stay when their stock is super high. Peyton Manning stayed all 4 years despite being a star. Andrew Luck did the same. Sam Bradford did, massively hurt his shoulder, and still got picked #1. You get another year of development outside of the pressure cooker of the NFL, get to live another year as a college student, etc. If your NFL career bombs, you have a degree too. And now that you can make millions in NIL money, it's even less pressing than it used to be. I wonder if the Bears could even give him $5 million in NIL money as incentive to stay in college and make their #1 pick that much more valuable. Players have lots of good options these days, and can get insurance as well, so either option is viable.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Moot point. Stroud is coming out,

12. a time to chill

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Mariota, wilson, and Mitch were awful choices for qbs but that’s on their FOs as well for taking them over better qbs. Rg3 was good but he didn’t know when to slide or go out of bounds

Rudyc281, primtim24 and Fulgore like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Good time to put $200 on will Anderson.

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I know that the Jags won, but 4 TDs and 4 INTs is not a good game no matter how you slice it. The Jags won in spite of Trevor considering their defense completely shut down the Chargers and they only scored because they got premium field position due to Lawrence's picks.

18. Major

Major Member

I don't think anyone would say Lawrence had a great game overall, but his 2nd half was as good as his first half was bad. What that tells you, as opposed to someone who's just mediocre all the way through, is that he has the high upside. He started out as badly as a player can - but was also in his first postseason start and his 2nd year overall. And then he (along with his defense) pulled off one of the biggest comebacks ever. Who knows if he'll reach his ceiling, but it's exactly what you'd hope for out of your #1 overall pick - you don't need greatness now; just an upward trajectory. Peyton Manning lost his first 3 postseason games and had 1 TD between them.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  19. 9baller

9baller Member

As much as I don't want to do it, I'd offer Chicago #2 and the Browns 1st from next year for #1. If they refuse, then I'd probably stand pat at #2. I do think we should try and get Bryce Young, if the cost is reasonable. Although I also like CJ Stroud, I rate Young as a better prospect.

20. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.