1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hey Cal, you forgot one.....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Jan 15, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Caserio needs to go too. I'm sitting here watching Sklar Thompson today and Brock Purdy on yesterday....these QBs are BALLING! We used a 3rd on Mills and now he's on the chopping block.

Caserio picked Stingly and Green last yr and we all thought he could've done better. I wanted Sauce or someone in the front seven, since Lovie played so much zone.

And let's not forget the Shaq Lawson, the 5th rnd pick for Anthony Miller and the trade for Marcus Cannon......HE HASNT WON A TRADE YET!

Now he's in charge of finding us a franchise QB? I dont trust him!

2. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Based on that most of the gms in the league should be fired. If the 49ers thought Purdy was that good he wouldn’t have been the last pick in the draft. Don’t be ridiculous.

T_Man, htownrox1, Wattafan and 3 others like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Every GM in the league passed on Purdy and Thompson at least 6 times.

T_Man and raining threes like this.
  4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Being a standard take to call into 790 with and being deserving of a new thread are not the same thing.

IBTL, BigShasta, houstonstime and 2 others like this.
  5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Are you watching this game? The Dolphins are close in spite of not because of Thompson.

6. Buck Turgidson

...and Waddle

raining threes and whag00 like this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So, you're saying you trust Caserio? To me, Caserio should've had the foresight to take another QB in the 2022 draft.

Depending on Mills was a bad move, if nothing else draft another QB for competition.

8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm saying, he's playing as good as Mills has all year. Mine you, the Dolphins have better talent but they are playing against either the top 1 or 2 teams in the AFC on their home field and has them in the game. That's all you can ask for.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that those teams had a 1st and 2nd string QB on their roster and STILL drafted a QB is the point.

Caserio didnt bring any meaningful competition to camp for Mills. What gave him the idea Mills was a starter in the NFL, I still dont know. Do you?

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

But are you watching? He has been HORRIBLE

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

He's played well enough to give them a chance to win.....Mills wouldn't have gotten them to that point. And my point is either one of them would have challenged Mills.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Do you think the genius who drafted purdy should be fired for wasting 3 firsts on lance? I think texans should have fired the gm for winning that last game, not even a question. Just pointing out how laughable your take was

raining threes likes this.
  13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that their GM drafted another QB is the point. I'm sure they felt Lance wasnt progressing as needed, so they had the FORESIGHT to draft another QB as a backup plan....AND GUESS WHAT, IT PAID OFF!

So, I wouldn't call my analogy laughable but what is laughable are fans who continue to accept poor productivity from a GM who should have been shown the door with Lovie.

Why you never brought up Caserio's bad trades? He hasnt won one since he's been here.

#13 hlmbasketball, Jan 15, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
  14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Huh? I just said caserio should’ve been fired

15. showa13

showa13 Member

Drafting Purdy with the very last pick of the draft as a backup plan the year after you sent 3 1s for your presumed franchise guy is not a ‘plan’. If it was, you’d be fired and out the door with the quickness cause you just burned 3 1s.

Caserio has done nothing to warrant him staying on, but declaring it because he didn’t win $20 bucks on a $1 scratcher(again Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant) is not a sound arguement.

16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Again, you're missing the point. It doesn't matter where a player gets drafted, it's the fact they brought in another QB.

17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The last game wasn't on Caserio....that was on Lovie. My point is I think Caserio messed up the last draft and he has messed up since he's taken the job.

And if we agree he should be fired, what was laughable?

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

They should've hired that one dude from the Ravens organization they interviewed for gm job two years ago. I forgot his name, but the Ravens have a great track record of drafting well and building a good team consistently.

persian hoopa likes this.
  19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Bringing up purdy and the god awful trash miami had at qb

20. Buck Turgidson

Hell yeah, at least TJ Yates won a playoff game, right?