1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Look at "prototypical size" Trevor Lawrence.

Did being able to see over his oline help him tonight?

BballFacts, Fulgore and Omihall23 like this.
  2. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

You spoke too soon

3. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

Pathetic performance by the Chargers in the 2nd half. Looks like Sean Payton might be headed there.

Fulgore and vjohnson like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

HC should be fired right after the game. Underachieving badly with all that talent.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. a time to chill

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Seems like a non story. Watson picked the team he wanted to go to and signed the highest(most insane) contract in NFL history. Turned out pretty well for him.

Mulugheta isn’t in the business of blocking franchises, that wouldn’t serve him or his clients too well.

Rudyc281 and cbass like this.
  7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would be shocked if Stroud doesn't declare.

Would show you where his head is at and would turn a lot of teams off, imo. His draft position would no doubt suffer, as well.

With Stroud, I wonder how the Texans feel about him. Mainly because of the Watson Camp connection, but also because coupled with that, is the fact that his father is in prison for sexual battery -as unfair as that is to Stroud himself, who seems to be a good kid.

Either way, that's a big part of the reason I think Stroud, if he declares, ends up as the number 3 QB on the Texans board, which likely means that if we take a quarterback, Stroud won't be our guy anyways.

Rudyc281 and cmoak1982 like this.
  8. a time to chill

My main gripe is that they didn’t completely clean house and fire Caserio along with Smith. If Caserio had ensured we lost that game we’d have the #1 pick and control our own destiny. Caserio can’t even tank correctly. I’m fairly certain by keeping him around the Texans will bungle their next coaching search and the draft.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Sure but that is a different problem from the topic of the article.

whag00 and cbass like this.
  10. a time to chill

It's related because Mulugheta and Caserio have history from when Watson made his trade demand. With a new GM, it would help to wipe the slate clean. We'll see what happens but it's not farfetched to think that Mulugheta is advising Stroud to do whatever is possible to avoid being drafted by the Texans.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

It worked out just fine for Watson.

12. Fantasma Negro

Yes

13. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

I'll listen to former nfl qbs that say that pretty much no qb can actually see directly over their offensive line. They all use throwing lanes and anticipation.

14. Two Sandwiches

It's not a static wall of men. They're moving both laterally and vertically. They're taught to block in a squat to derive power from their base. Some fall over. This is why you have throwing windows and passing lanes.

I agree about seeing over a bunch of 6'5" dudes, though, if they're standing up and a way from you.

I think height on a QB has less to do with it though. Young has been throwing over NFL lineman for his last few years and doing fine.

houstonstime likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

The difference in shoulder height... Kyler is like 5' 7" --> •wow•

16. Two Sandwiches

It was being debated. One poster said Kyler is wearing 6 inch lifts. Another said he's standing on a giant ant hill. Another one said that Bryce's sandals take away 6 inches of height.

I think the end agreement was that Bryce is only 5'4".

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Oh, I know -- that's where I got the picture.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

I guess one downside of Bryce Young is you definitely can't be doing all these qb sneaks.

Buck Turgidson and whag00 like this.
  19. raining threes

If your goal is to win next year this would be true.

They aren't winning a championship next year, so I dont have an issue with them being bad another year if that means getting a true franchise QB.

20. raining threes

If they have to draft a QB in a way Ihope they pick Levis and make no mistake a Levis pick is a Cal pick. It should be very entertaining around here if Levis is the pick.

BTW, what do you do if Stroud stays in school and Young is the pick at 1-1?

Do you reach for Levis, or wait until 2024 to draft a QB and sign a vet this offseason? Levis does have the ability to be a franchise QB, Will he reach that potential? I doubt it and certainly wouldn't bet 1-2 on him. I hope I'm wrong.