1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Kings 1/13/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I still think it’s a bit too early to say, I want to believe at least one of our three youngsters will make an all-nba team or two

2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’m a huge Alpi fan, but he was clearly gassed when Silas took him out. The game was too far out of hand to put him back in. I hate giving Silas a pass on anything, but this ne time I think it was justified. Super tired players too often get hurt.

HP3 likes this.
  3. MystikArkitect

1st shot: Dunk in transition from Jabari pass
    2nd shot: 3 pointer Curl off of Jabari screen
    3rd shot: Layup in transition after steal
    4th shot: Layup off of Sengun give and go
    5th shot: Bunny at the rim after collapsing the defense
    6th shot: Top of the key 3 in rhythm with no defender around him
    7th shot: Top of the 3 key in rhythm with no defender around him
    8th shot: Top of the key 3 after screen with no defender around him
    9th shot: Dribble dribble iso 3 with defender draped all over him (last make of the first half)

So exactly one "high difficult make" in the entire first half. His misses in the first half were all high percentage shots as well. A couple of two point middies off of screens as well as a top of the key 3 and a floater that went off the backboard. So you are incorrect about him making a "majority of high difficulty shots" in the 1H. He came out in the second half and seemingly forgot how to play basketball. It's actually funny to watch how he was in the 1st half vs the 2nd.

4. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

Sorry if I offended you, my guy. No disrespect intended.

i3artow i3aller and DreamShook like this.
  5. Alpifan

Alpifan Member

I think this game was the first game Silas told the team before the game that AL P will run the offense.

Al P could easily record 10 assists if other players didn't miss easy/uncontested shots.

AL P is recording 7&10 assists when he is the main playmaker. How may games KPJ recorded above 7 assists in this entire season? My point is, AL P is showcasing that he has a higher potential to be a better playmaker than KPJ.

I wonder if scoot is the right pick for this team. If we draft scoot, the team will probably not need AL P's playmaking. Look at Suns and CP3. he handles things himself just fine, he is ok with having a strong p&r player in ayton. Also, kings or nuggets don't have great pgs either; they have great sgs (fox and murray). We don't need a pg to fix the problem, we need Jalen and jabari to shoot the ball better and kpj to be the Eric Gordon when EG got the best 6th man of the league award.

Murray - Green
    Porter Jr- Jabari
    Aaron Gordon- ? 2023 draft
    Jokic - sengun
    KCP - KPJ

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Haha, no. Look at these last 4!

He literally takes these shots ALL THE TIME - he's taken 70+ . He was 19% in December. He's 9/17 in January.

He's 30.1% including last night. Any shot from that range is difficult for him, because he sucks at shooting

The shots that went out went in.

"In rhythm" - that's honestly just something people say to rationalize it after the fact.

lol nobody makes in rhythm miss highlights but trust me there are a billion of them.

7. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

“We are a help team”

“Sabonis hard matchup / one on one he would score…double team him and their shooters were hitting shots” Hard to make adjustments when you can’t take care of their main guy”

If you going to post the quote - post the whole thing not a snippet to support a certain agenda because alot of folks don’t watch the post game interviews

8. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I bet they would have looked better if we won @WestendMassive

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KPJ has had 6+ assist in 20 of the 40 games he’s played ‍♂️

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Oh I know. it's not problem. They weren't that good anyway. just showing support for those frats. I thought it was cool sacto let them perform

11. a time to chill

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

“It will be interesting to see if Friday's performance will result in Smith Jr. seeing more looks even when Porter Jr. returns to the lineup.”

[​IMG]

13. a time to chill

To Limit Rockets Jalen Green In Second Half, Kings Picked Up Defensive Intensity
    After scoring 25 first-half points, the Kings made it a priority to pick up the defensive pressure on Houston Rockets second-year guard Jalen Green.
    https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/news...-green-first-half-sacramento-kings-mike-brown

juanm34 likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I chalk that up to fatigue and second half defensive adjustment by the kings. U figured silas would do some coaching adjustment as well, but he must b feeling out of his depth/overwhelmed without his favorite son playing.

Ironically in both games is where the team need KPJ scoring power to match the kings in the 2nd half.

15. a time to chill

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that narrative doesn't work for me. I'd prefer to think Jalen Green just sux

Verbal Christ and Williamson like this.
  17. a time to chill

18. conquistador#11

Do players get suspended in the regular season for leaving the bench? Thought it was just a playoff thing. Might have to call up Tyty if Porter can't go.
    Sengun/Garuba/KM/ Gordon/Tyty
    Nix was trying to hold back Jabari.

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Joe Rocket likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he said both games were "tough ones"

77gzwc.gif