1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Media afraid to ask hard questions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr Woods, Jan 12, 2023.

1. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

But both of them (Stone & Silas) did say the quiet part out loud before the season even started.

paraphrase --- "This season isn't about wins and losses but about growth and development of our young players."

That was a declaration of their intentions and they have done just that ....

groovemachine likes this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Calvin Murphy thinks the team is a joke. Just saying.

pippendagimp and J.R. like this.
  3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Sports journalism is one of the most useless professions ever. Unless you're actually reporting breaking trades like Shams or something

4. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

I directly posted a thread under his own website criticizing Rocket’s media. What more would you like me to do? Call up @Clutch and go visit him at home to talk about it?

He sees this. As do other credentialed media members who use CF. What they do about it is entirely up to them. But at least I’m shedding some light on it. What are you doing about the issue?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not sure this is a "Rockets" thing. This is a sports media thing and isn't just a "Houston" thing.

#65 Dr of Dunk, Jan 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

There is no issue.

The team is tanking.

They told us they are tanking.

No need to question what we already know.

You can ask the hard questions next year after adding another early draft pick and spending some actual $$$ on salary.

This team has the lowest average salary in the league by far .... actually under $5m per. The Spurs spend $400k more per player salary at $5.3m, OKC is next at $6.3m. Comparativa de datos entre equipos de la NBA - Hispanosnba.com (click the link)
    They have 84% as much dead money as they do on actual salary. $73.5m salary / $62.2m dead $$$.

#waiting for next year.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  7. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Stone made a declaration that it’s not about losses. Everyone knows we’re rebuilding, so the local media gives the organization a pass regarding the losing.

Ok. No problem.

But if you actually watch this team, you would know we’re not just losing. Ask EG himself. The growth, development, coaching, and structure have all been nonexistent. And that’s inexcusable when we’re already letting the organization pass on losing. That’s when I expect the local media to start doing their job, and do some actual reporting. Because there’s a lot more going on than just losing.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If you actually watched this team, you'd know what you are saying is simply not true.

There has been substantial growth from these kids, they just had a lot farther to go than most of you thought they did.

9. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member

Opposing broadcasts, players, national media members, and agents, who are far more connected than you, me, and everyone on here ever will be, say otherwise.

Our own vet doesnt think we made any improvements. Our player’s parents openly criticize the organization.

But sure. Keep drinking that kool aid.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

"Sports journalists" are akin to "YouTube Reviewers". Just conduits to promote an agenda. None of them think freely.

11. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

…and if we happen to get Wemby or Scoot along the way, that’s just how the chips fall :D

Corrosion likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don't see an issue.

We're a couple of years into a COMPLETE rebuild. The team went to **** when Tilman bought the team, and asking for media members to grill the coach and GM during QA would seem pointless if not unethical.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Well if a few tough questions means we can finally trade Ben Simmons, I'm all for them!

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm LMAO over here.

Corrosion likes this.
  15. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Rockets aren’t tanking….just another organization fanboy avoiding putting the blame where it solely belongs and that’s on the head coach!!! Better stay inside if there’s a 10% chance of rain, because those are basically the odds of us getting Wembly.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Not sure what questions need answers.

We are tanking. Its obvious.

That is basically the answer to just about any possible questions you might have.

If you can think of one that isn't answered by "we are tanking", feel free to address me, I will answer it for you.

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You can't be serious?

You act like Wemby is the only good player in this draft .... there's several others who could be needle movers in the future.

All is not lost if you don't get the 1:1 ....

Who would you rather have right now - Cade or Jalen?

larsv8 likes this.
  18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Unsurprisingly, fans are not handling the rebuild well.

LOL

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I seriously refuse to believe you don't know we're tanking. It's really impossible. It has nothing to do with Rockets fans, all Rockets and NBA fans and analysts know we're tanking. Totally indefensible position. You know we're tanking, I know you know we're tanking. Stop causing imaginary stress for yourself.

20. Mr Woods

Mr Woods Member