1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lovie Smith Fired

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Htown Legend, Jan 8, 2023.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lovie got a 4-year deal? Lawd have mercy…

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Tommy Boy paying a lot of money to coaches that don’t coach here

3. Two Sandwiches

Apparently Cal aspires to be like Oprah.

You get 4 years!

You get 4 years!

You've never been a head coach or considered for a head coach position? You get 4 years!

J.R., ROCKSS and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The Texans hired two consecutive African American coaches -- doing what they could to provide an opportunity. These two coaches contributed performances that were absolutely awful. If we believe in a merit-based system of accountability, then both deserved to be fired. I'd like to conduct a race-blind search for the BEST COACH now. Because I'd like to start winning or at least improving.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

The raiders are apparently too poor to do that

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Lmao ignore the SA. This a nasty post. I don’t give a damn what an imbecile who can’t read a defense is pissed at.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  7. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

In the end he was wrong and he looked terrible today. And is in the same situation in Cleveland

8. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Good point. Watson has been horrible in Cleveland. And he led us to a 4-win season in his last active year here... right before he was exposed for his sexual deviancy and then refused to play and sat out and got paid for a full year by the Texans... I can't believe he still has fanboys here.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  9. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

The rumors I have read is Demeco won't apply for the job, loves being with the 49ers, and is going to be very selective about the teams he considers.

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

LOL, he's not applying because he did us wrong and he doesn't want a lot of stuff that he did to come to light. The publicity could poison the well for other HC jobs he's interested in. He knows there's zero chance we'd hire him after that.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. liveguy

liveguy Member

They just throwing money away at coaches.

HOW is Casserio still employed?!

Didn't they do a 4-year deal with Cully too?!

SMFH

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. liveguy

liveguy Member

Hired two African American fall guy’s and micro-managed them the whole way and then blamed them after 1 season each….

What team has ever hired three head coaches three years in a row and that hiring GM kept his job too?

Everyone knew BOTH coaches were the only ones that even were willing to take this BS job to begin with.

They don't even count….they were rebuild fall guys with impossible odds used as fodder for comments like “well, they did hire two African Americans, didn't they?”

Casserio hired STOOGES that would do what he said with every intention to replace them once he had the team set up how he wanted it.

13. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Not to mention why is it always us that needs to focus on this? We were looking at Gannon but went with Lovie after the Flores suit. Meanwhile, the giants add Daboll and go to the playoffs. Just hire the best coach please. Don’t care the race, but let some other team play politics this year, Jesus.

red5rocket and Kemahkeith like this.
  14. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

I REALLY think some of you are overthinking this. The first hire, Culley, the Star QB had sexual assault allegations lingering. No legit coach was taking that job. Fast forward a year. Flores filed a lawsuit regarding discrimination. Cal says let’s stay with Lovie for now. Are we really acting like Culley or Smith were long term options?
    The Texans hiring TWO coaches no one else was going to ever hire, and they are leaving very much richer because of it. You don’t have a problem with the Texans. You have one with the NFL.

houstonstime, TheFreak and Astrodome like this.
  15. liveguy

liveguy Member

Gannon didn't want the job because the Texans wouldn’t let him hire his own staff.

They went with Smith because NO ONE wanted to work under Casserio’s micro-managey regime.

This is obvious.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Would you rather they didn’t get head coach jobs at all? Culley was a WR coach on a team with the worst WR’s. Lovie was a DC on a team with a bottom 10 defense. No other team has made an offer to Bienemy. I’m not against African-American coaches. But I’m tired of the Texans being the ones that have to navigate the politics. There are multiple other teams. Let the Colts or Broncos go hire someone at appeases the politics. I want the best coach available, for the first time in our HC hunt ever. I don’t care the race.

TheFreak likes this.
  17. liveguy

liveguy Member

No over thinking….

Casserio told coaching prospects they couldn't hire their own Coordinators ala…he wanted puppets at HC so he can rock the head set and not be told to sit his ass down and get out the way.

18. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

So we get blamed for hiring black coaches as fall guys but also the black coaches are the only ones that wanted the job? I can’t tell what you are arguing here?

Rvo384 likes this.
  19. liveguy

liveguy Member

Who is we?

20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Yeah this is false but do you.