1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What a pathetic franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 8, 2023.

1. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I was at the Chiefs game. (Work tickets, not my money). Trust me, they are feeling it in the pocketbooks. Stadium was less than half full and 2/3 of the crowd were chiefs fans. It was embarrassing.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  2. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My brother was there too. Said the same thing.

My question, though, is whether the tickets are bought and people aren't showing up or are they going unsold?

ExTexanNowEastCoast likes this.
  3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

It’s really just beyond frustrating. This season same as last year was an embarrassing shitshow. Boring at the best of times and miserable all the rest.

You dragged us through 2 years of a terrible product and then pulled the rug at literally the last second.

It’s inexcusable and a slap in the face to the fans.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Scarface281, Fulgore, gatsby and 7 others like this.
  5. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I agree, I’m sure there are a lot of season tickets and company tickets that are sold but not having ppl show up. But I went from like 13,000 on the waitlist for season tickets to now getting called on a regular basis with offers. So they definitely aren’t 100% full like they have been for years. And ppl aren’t spending the same money on them since resale value is plummeting.

ima_drummer2k and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That's because the Raiders deserted their fan base in Oakland. They basically pulled the same stunt that the Chargers did in San Diego and the result is that both teams now play in shiny new stadiums with little fan support.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Most honest response on here.

Even the supposed good times were not that good. The Texans have never once been a real SB contender in their existence. They chronically let the fans down and made poor decisions.

At some point that is all because of the people at the top, and until Janice McNair dies, nothing will change. Hell, even when Janice dies, there is a good chance Cal and his sister decide to gravy train this for generations.

8. Nook

Nook Member

The Bears will trade down and get multiple #1’s from another team like the Colts and they will take Bryce Young or the Texans will deal the #2 and the Browns #1 this season for Bryce Young… when all they had to do was ******* lose to the Colts.

Phillyrocket, Deuce, BMoney and 4 others like this.
  9. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Y’all nailed it.

It’s amazing to me that Cal McNair can have the Astros and Rockets in the same city and learn nothing.

I am now convinced more than ever that Cal is afflicted with some sort of learning disability and just is incapable of handling this job. Please either sell the team or give the team to your sisters.

Nook and Hank McDowell like this.
  10. ExTexanNowEastCoast

I may be in the minority, but I prefer Stroud over Young.

He is bigger, stronger, and plays from the pocket, but is still mobile. More like Mahomes and Rogers and less like Newton and Allen.
    Stroud changed my opinion of him after the way he played against UGA. If they don’t lose all of his receivers to injury, OSU wins going away.

noscrusir, Nook and red5rocket like this.
  11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Watch out, they may start calling you dumb because you have an opinion on someone they don’t want.

Trust me, there are a lot more of us.

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

What do you want Cal to learn from the Tillman Rockets? Like the Tillman Rockets might be worse than the Texans. Absolute atrocity what has happened to the Rockets after a WCF appearance,

BMoney likes this.
  13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The Tillman Rockets can at least tank properly. The Texans can't even do that.

ExTexanNowEastCoast and Fulgore like this.
  14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Still haven't gotten the number 1 pick.

Fulgore likes this.
  15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

They would’ve under NFL rules. Texans would be better off playing in the NBA, just need a top 3 worst record

Fulgore likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

So given the Rules in the NBA you don't want to be the worst team. So in that sense they are not tanking properly.

STR8Thugg likes this.
  17. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I wouldn't be mad landing with Stroud theoretically, but if it turns out Bryce Young is the consensus #1 QB pick among NFL GM's/scouts and the one worth investing to move up for (and somebody does), it will be hard to get as excited for Stroud or have any confidence in the idea that he was always the guy we wanted

18. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stroud is no where near as mobile as Mahomes or Rodgers. And doesn’t have near the arm talent.
    Jacoby Brissett, Davis Mills, Jared Goff are his physical comps. Maybe Burrow, Burrow has better wiggle though

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I'm not trying to nitpick your point - but I would argue they were absolutely SB contenders in '11 before Schaub got hurt, and damn near beat Baltimore, anyway, to get to he AFCG. Having the best offensive player in football (Foster) was very beneficial.

But! Yes, it is incredible how poorly run they are. Bob was a mediocre owner, living in the past. I was hoping Cal would be younger, more forward-thinking.... he's somehow actually worse. Think of all the nonsense that has gone on since his father's death: the Chief's collapse; promoted BOB to GM; the Hopkins trade; promoted Easterby; alienated his franchise QB; hired Caserio against recommendations from the search firm he hired; hired Culley; fired Culley; hired Lovie; fired Lovie; & the team has gone 21-44-1 in his tenure as owner, including 11-38-1 the past 3 full seasons.

And then he stands idly by while his outgoing coach sabotages the #1 overall pick.

It is possible they will accidently stumble into hiring a competent head coach and Caserio will hit his draft picks and this team outkicks the limitations of their enormously dumb owner. But I would not bet on it.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

What load of nonsense. Tanking is putting your team in the position to get the best odds to grabbing the first draft pick.

Nfl rewards tanking team with the first draft pick if u are the shttiest in the league. The nba rewards the three shttiest team the best odds to get that first draft pick. They are tanking properly for it.