1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What a pathetic franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Jan 8, 2023.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

They TANKED THE TANK!

Nook and jimmyv281 like this.
  2. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

That is not a positive note.

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I know we're all frustrated, but it is what it is. Can't change the fluke TD pass or 2pt decision now.

Tough to tell coaches and players to lose, when they're all fighting for jobs.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

“It is what it is” is why this franchise will never be anything and doesn’t deserve fans.

Nook, Two Sandwiches and updawg like this.
  5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Of course this happened. It was the most Texans thing to do. I’m glad I stopped caring a few years ago and now actually get to be productive from 12-3 each Sunday.

francis 4 prez, Caesar, Nook and 3 others like this.
  6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

For 22 years? I still have to see them and hear about them. As long as such incompetent people are allowed to run a city's sports team all of humanity suffers.

francis 4 prez and Nook like this.
  7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Nothing positive about this season or the franchise for quite some time now.

Nook likes this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

That's each fan's call. I'm not a fan of our ownership, but I will root for my team no matter how bad they are.

I lived in Colorado for almost 10 years and could have easily jumped on that Superbowl train (like my wife who loves Peyton Manning), but I just can't do it.

I grew up with the Oilers and couldn't wait until we got another franchise. I'm stuck with the Texans, because they're my team for better or worse. Guess that's why I've been married 37 years.

10. updawg

updawg Member

Lovie probably knew he was getting fired and said **** it and tried to win

I only pay attention these days just to see how they will **** up. It’s pretty entertaining

11. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This has to be the case. Especially with what happened the first week.

I'm expecting the announcement tonight. I'm sure I'll be disappointed again, though.

gatsby likes this.
  12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bears will take either Carter or Anderson and Texans will draft Bryce. This game won’t be remembered

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

If this had been a season the Texans were good, what an amazing win this would have been. Instead, this goes into the vault of so many crushing Houston sports moments where we say; how in the heck did they blow that game in such gut-wrenching fashion?

14. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Question for anti - Bryce Young crowd

Is this loss (errrr win) a no big deal to you?

Im on the fence with Young but have rarely been this frustrated by a game. Just absolutely no freaking reason to win and yet they did. I felt bad for lovie until I saw the smart ass grin on his face when they pulled off the improbable win.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. body slam

body slam Member

I'm still a Texan fan.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Bears need OL so I expect them to entertain offers for that pick in order to get more draft picks.

Caesar and Fulgore like this.
  17. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Been a fan since the beginning, through everything with FO, BOB, Easterby, Watson, etc. this isn’t about winning or losing a meaningless game or going from #1 to #2. This is about the franchise giving me as a fan a giant middle finger after all of that. I don’t wanna hear the stupid BS about coaches and players shouldn’t be asked to lose. **** that. Y’all SUCKED for 16 games. This game isn’t saving anyone’s job. **** cooks for quitting on the team then trying now. **** Lovie for playing safe in week one then screwing us again this week. **** Cal and Caserio for getting us into this position and making us the laughingstock of the league. I have watched tons of fans quit on this team. I went to multiple games this year. They took the one bright spot on this season and lit it on fire in front of us. **** them.

18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Calm down my child. As long as Easterby is gone, I'm happy with the Texans now.

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The bears have absolutely no reason not to trade down and can more easily incite a bidding war on their pick after today.

Especially if the Colts and Seahawks end up at 3 and 4. In that case, the Texans will have to pay just as much as the other two teams, barring some sort of miracle smoke screen work by our front office, which has never happened

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Bears going to trade that #1 pick to a QB thirsty team.

Caesar, Phillyrocket, Blake and 3 others like this.