1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Colts

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 3, 2023.

1. Newlin

Newlin Member

Lovie, Cooks, and Mills must feel very satisfied with this win. Not really upset with Mills. But, I don’t want to see any of them ever again.

#581 Newlin, Jan 8, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
    desihooper likes this.
  2. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Calm down. The Texans could've screwed up the 1st pick just as easy as Nick screwed up the 3rd this year. He was always going to talk himself out of taking Young. Stroud is a fait accompli. Nothing has changed really.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And you could have said the exact same thing about them regardless of the outcome of today’s game. None of what you just said is even a little bit wrong. It’s all correct. I get being upset though if you truly think Young is going to be a special QB. I just don’t. I could be way wrong about that.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Knowing what we know about QB development (and how much more it is than just throwing a ball)… these guys available have just as much chance of succeeding as any of the recent top picks, including Lawrence.

Somebody is going to want to take a QB at #1. It wasn’t just going to be the Texans. Multiple other teams are going to benefit more from the Texans dropping to #2 than if the Texans had lost this game.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

6. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lol calm down folks.

We will pull a Jets. Build a sweet as defense and run it back with Mills.

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How fitting that Lovie Smith played distinctly for a tie at the beginning of the season with all our opportunities ahead, and then, the last week of the season, against the same team, plays for the win, staring down the Barrell of the number one pick.

Just pathetic.

8. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I’m sick to my stomach. I’ve never seen such a **** you to a fan base before, and that’s after living through the BOB saga. This team should never see another fan in the stands, just utter stupidity. Wow.

9. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We'll get neither

10. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It's not about a single slot in the draft. It's about two things:

1. If you truly want Bryce Young and you truly think he'll be a great NFL QB (which may or may not be the case), you now will most likely have to give up additional, extremely valuable picks in the draft to move up 1 slot to draft him because Chicago is trading to the highest bidder for sure. That highest bidder just might be your division rival the Colts, who were playing to lose against you today (you've also introduced the risk that your division rival will move up in front of you and draft a guy that may destroy you for years, for absolutely no reason). Those valuable picks you've probably have to give up were hard fought draft capital that your GM has been trying to put together out of the ashes of a dumpster fire that your organization has put together. So this costs you 1 slot and who knows how many additional picks.

2. The extra slot is an extra slot lower IN EVERY ROUND...so you've fallen 7 slots down, not 1.

Nook, SWTsig, Rockets34Legend and 8 others like this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Why? This team is not a qb away from being a contender, especially not a midget qb

HillBoy likes this.
  12. liveguy

liveguy Member

Yup…I saw that as well.

The reverse UNO Card.

Kim and Two Sandwiches like this.
  13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Look at the bright side: They're going to get new uniforms next season!

14. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

To be honest if the bears take a qb with the fist pick then that makes our pick worth more if we are looking to trade down

15. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I am truly sick

mikol13 and houstonstime like this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If the Texans draft a QB, it will be Young or Stroud. I will be happy with either.

red5rocket likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

....unless Chicago trades their #1 pick to a QB thirsty team salivating at the mouth for Bryce Young in return for a jackpot of picks.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Clearly I’m not going to change your mind, and I don’t really want to. I’m certainly not saying I know how Young’s career is gonna go. I’m just saying that I’m personally not upset that we MAY have lost a chance to take him today. It’s a long way till April…we’ll see what happens.

19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How we feeling fellas?

I think Nick signs Derek Carr and we go all defense in the draft.

Fantasma Negro and Stephen66 like this.
  20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lot of faith in this savior GM, lol. Just get rid of him if he’s not capable of making these decisions.

BMoney likes this.