1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I.D.I.O.T.] Jabari Smith Jr is the Real Head Honcho™

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 5, 2023.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Here is the data I am basing my observation that Sengun is one of the worst defensive centers in the league:
    [​IMG]
    This shows that Sengun is literally at the bottom in the league of centers in the defensive rating metric. It's in black and white. Even if you think this stat is flawed, or that Silas has not used Sengun properly, the numbers are the numbers.

noppeper, gfab-babyboi and topfive like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you not want this posted in the Sengun threads? lol. his cult is rapid fire ready but still

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  3. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Meanwhile dude can't create his own shot out of a wet paper bag.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

20 years old, he looks better than last year. Basically his first year on the job as a center, I'm confident he'll b fine

burlesk, clos4life and CircaSurvive like this.
  5. marky :)

marky :) Member

I got you my man. I'll put it in the Sengun thread.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

2022-23 NBA Player Stats: Per 100 Possessions | Basketball-Reference.com
    He's not the worst per bball reference. It is weird how bball reference and nba.com diverge on defensive metrics for sure. He has a better DRtg on bball reference than Pascal Siakim for example. And on bball reference his Drtg is better than Jabari's - it's better than everybody's except Garuba, Tari and Bruno. And his DBPM is 0.1 vs Bari's -0.9

Though even on NBA.com, Alpi does have effectively the worst on the team, but all the starters are right around there and very horrible. Bari's isn't much better. Conversely, Alpi effectively has the best ORtg on the team (I say effectively in both cases cause im ignoring Boban, Hudgins types).

Regardless of which you use or choose, if you are a hardcore fan, you are watching nearly every second of every game and can come to conclusions pretty easily.

* Alpi is deficient defensively for a center
    * The entire starting lineup is deficient defensively, especially as a group
    * Bari is young, and has incredible defensive upside and stretches, but certainly hasn't been amazing defensively
    * They're all bad offensively, too, except for Alpi
    * The best young player, by far, on the team has been Alpi
    * The worst young player on the team has been Bari

Bari yelling anything about Alpi, defensively, offensively, whatever... is as stupid as it gets, if true.

burlesk, Scarface, jiggyfly and 11 others like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

I love Jabari, think he can be our best player, but he needs to keep his mouth shut!

8. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Trevor Ariza out here thinking he is KG.

jiggyfly, txppratt, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

These guys have been losing a lot. Some for years. There is going to be some loss of temper from time to time believe or not.

10. maypk

maypk Member

And Bari is one of the worst offensive power forwards in the league and yet i haven't heard anyone bark at coach to get his ass out.

burlesk, jiggyfly, Yung-T and 2 others like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  12. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Since we're posting stats

cml750, AroundTheWorld and Yung-T like this.
  13. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Jabari’s 0 from 4 is like LeBron’s 27/7/7

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Fans always more sensitive than the players.

Reminds me of that fight Bari had with Green, nothing came of it because the players know things get tense on the court. I'm sure anyone that's been on an organized team has had fights (verbal or physical) with teammates and then next day **** is cleared up.

As long as its not something deep or personal its nothing.

burlesk and YOLO like this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Has this been confirmed or is it just this dude's interpretation of what happened?

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

as always, no confirmation of anything. but that doesn't stop us from starting threads on it

burlesk, YOLO and Easy like this.
  17. JayZ750

Imagine watching this team over the last 2 years and not being one lol.

CircaSurvive and cml750 like this.
  18. JayZ750

The issue, to me, isn't the interpersonal conflict. It's Bari himself. It shows a lack of bball iq. The Rockets win when Alpi plays more. Plus, the more Jonas had the ball yesterday the better. They struggle defensively first and foremost and first and again and again (lol) at stopping people OUTSIDE. They are constantly giving up career highs to folks that can shoot 3s.

But finally, and most importantly.... glass houses and stones or something lol. Bari wasn't good against the Pelicans. He wasnt good yesterday. He frankly has RARELY been good.

Get your house in order bro. Apologize, don't apologize, whatever, IDGAF! Play like the #3 pick we ended up being "stuck" with ultimately so we can at least feel somewhat less bad we might have missed on the generational talent we thought was falling to us.

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

he’s nineteen and neither Banchero or Ivey looks generational either. Jabari has the work ethic and dog mentality to be great with more muscle and experience.

JayGoogle and gfab-babyboi like this.
  20. JayZ750

You're joking right?

Banchero is putting up 21/7/4. His 54.7% ts% isnt amazing but is light year's better than Bari's 50% and better than second year JG's.

He's basically at (or exceeding) Lebron rookie year stats. He controls the game as the offensive hub.

There is, ironically, lots of young generational talent now, lol. Zion, Ja, Luka, Tatum... so i guess you have to be REALLY REALLY good to be generational among the tier 1 guys... which Paolo won't be if he doesn't improve... but he has every ability to improve as much as anyone.

As for Bari's age... indeed, he's 19, they say/do stupid things sometimes. Those should be pointed out and criticized not excused away.

Especially when you factor other players are the same age and don't do similar.

Alpi HIMSELF is only 9 months older than Bari, miles better as a player, and is always 100% professional in his on and off court demeanor.

jiggyfly, cml750, Yung-T and 2 others like this.