1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[I.D.I.O.T.] Jabari Smith Jr is the Real Head Honcho™

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 5, 2023.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean it didn't take the video being leaked to know what happened. It was already known what happened. And that hasn't been the only drama either over there. just pointing out even with "real coaches" all locker rooms are suspect to issues

2. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Jabari is extremely young and his 33% on threes must improve, but he’s showing flashes of being the future leader on the defensive end, and looks like the guy on offense who can at least get a decent shot off with his height and length.

Ren ason likes this.
  3. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Russell Westbrick FG %40,6
    Jabari Smith FG %38,7 (%33 3pt)

First of all, he has to focus himself. We know too many 3rd pick Who is not playing in NBA now.

I like him, but he has lots of things to improve in his game. Complaining about your teammate, and giving order to coach to take him out, is not one of them

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I like the fire, but it's not right to call out a teammate like that. They'll probably talk and get over it pretty quickly, especially once they realize the defensive breakdown wasn't Sengun's fault.

Having said that, I don't hate having a player who barks about defensive lapses even if he's wrong sometimes.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sengun the only dude who passes to Bari. maybe Bari not so smart. After Lucas took out Sengun the game was over. Why did Lucas even listen to Bari? This team is so dumb.

6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Thanks for sharing what I brought up (as Moosh on daily chat) here. Jabari should have replied to Banchero when he said Jabari is a baby right on court on live TV. Instead he attacked KPJ or JG and now Sengun. Kid have some real issues, and he will have those issues all life as being the number 2 lol, but the troubling part is that Lucas the clown did what the rookie cursed him to do. Rookie cursing an interim Head Coach for a sophomore to be substituted. and Lucas the clown does that. does that to the most efficient player in the roster.

Drafting busts is one thing, but supporting them no matter what is not smart. Ja Morant + fillers for KPJ + KJ+ Jabari + ... they say no. and obvious no. so Jabari, consider yourself mooshed, u will probably be a bust, yet u r shameless, i haven't seen u lock anyone defensively, u continue to get stoned with Stone for a few years and then we'll see your true self (probably asking to move to LA or Miami for hotter weather (chicks)). the end.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Smith is right, though. Sengun is one of the worst defensive centers in the league.

ashleyem and Ren ason like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

uh Bari is going to be just fine in this league and has a long career ahead of time. This did nothing. stop acting like this just derailed and ended his career LOL

9. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Smith shooting comes and goes, he’s not strong enough to play as hard as he does on defense and shoot high %.

That comes with strength and age … it’s why it’s very few actual 2 way players in this league.

clos4life, Ren ason and jimmyv281 like this.
  10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's the me first team.

BamBam likes this.
  11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This team really has no hierarchy since nobody actually has the skills to back it up.

It's good to call folks out but coaches shouldn't b catering to the wishes of any players unless it's someone like harden.

12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

aaaaand . . . it's off to the dumb list for you :p

giphy.gif

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jabari Smith is one of the the few players on this roster that can actually be an effective player on defense making in impact. Everyone “plays” defense. That is only one effective defensive player in your starting lineup.

14. MystikArkitect

Reminds of Lord of the Flies where eventually the children began to police themselves. Cream rises to the top and it seems like Jabari is that here. No one else has his personality combined with ability to back it up.

This situation is absolutely absurd.

AroundTheWorld, ashleyem and Ren ason like this.
  15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

clearly what's needed is a players only meeting

Patience likes this.
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Not even Harden, Specially Harden. We still paying for that Westbrook trade 5 years later.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

KPJ in charge of bringing the food?

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree, it's when it shows on court and no one controls that it becomes a problem imo.

BamBam and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm feeling good about tonight's game. I give you permission to tag me after the win. woohoo!

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't mind it, it shows that he cares. It's good to get fired up and I'd hope our players do get frustrated when their teammates don't do what they're supposed to do. If it gets excessive or overly hostile you obviously don't want that, but this seems fine to me.

ApacheWarrior likes this.